200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 142.
#1201 1 year ago

Game Exchange of Colorado is still showing LE deposits available on their website.

https://gameexchange.biz/pulp-fiction-pinball-limited-edition-deposit-only

#1202 1 year ago

David Thiel: "The best audio package I've done so far"... What?! CGC quality. Mark Ritchie, clever design, amazing topper. Was working yesterday and missed out, but managed to find an LE this morning.

#1203 1 year ago

Anyone hear from PPS? Had confirmed a spot on their list but haven't gotten an official request for deposit yet. Assuming it's coming today, but just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed the communication.

#1204 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

David Thiel: "The best audio package I've done so far"... What?! CGC quality. Mark Ritchie, clever design, amazing topper. Was working yesterday and missed out, but managed to find an LE this morning.

Doesn’t he say that every time? Kind of like Gary Stern saying his favorite game is the one on the line today!

#1205 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Doesn’t he say that every time? Kind of like Gary Stern saying his favorite game is the one on the line today!

I think Gary Stern likes Tron.

#1206 1 year ago

So LE's appear sold out (no surprise there). The SE still looks like an overall good value and after watching half of the SDTM featurette I'm definitely more intrigued. Question is, do I just wait since there is going to be at a least a 6-7 month lag between now and getting the game and given that it's likely people will start selling their LE spots (it happens every time) and SEs likely will be available for a while? I honestly would be fine with an SE anyway (don't have room for the topper - ceiling height too low)

#1207 1 year ago

The lack of an LCD wasn't a deal breaker for me, I don't watch the screen when I'm playing, and 250-300 movie lines will draw players into the game thanks to the movie's massive nostalgia. It's a well done pin with solid engineering and tons of planning by some of the best in the business. QT's rejection of using the movie poster for the backglass is an example of the level of creativity and detail put into the game. After watching the SDTM feature it doesn't look like any corners were cut.

Would've preferred Butch over Jimmie, but understand why as it's a nod to QT who was involved with the pin and if he hadn't been onboard, the pin would've never been made. I only have so much space and budget, so it's important that the pins I do own are different from each other and PF satisfies this requirement, plus it's a dream theme. The only risk SE buyers take by waiting is pinflation, but hopefully the cycle of price increases for announced pins or pins in production is over...for now.

Congrats to all that snagged an LE, that topper is outstanding.

#1208 1 year ago

That special feeling:

#1209 1 year ago

Man, I have to admit, the game looks pretty f'ing cool. A throwback concept but packed with newer tech and lighting. I wasn't sure without a LCD and 1 level but you can tell they spread the budget into getting the license, actor callouts with some great music. While a tad pricey, keeping it under $10k for the LE is key.

#1210 1 year ago

Almost got a fathom because wanted something in that era. PF is sooooo much better. Was a little worried pulling trigger until the Flipnout video now I’m 100% sure this thing will kick mother f$&* ass.

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Game Exchange of Colorado is still showing LE deposits available on their website.

I might have got the last one it said they'll mail me confirmation thank you so much!!! Now I see it's sold out

#1212 1 year ago

I’m in on an LE mother f’ers! The game exudes such style could not resist. Seems like the best of both worlds with retro vibe and modern features and depth.

#1213 1 year ago
baby.gifbaby.gif
#1214 1 year ago

I hope ZMeny received compensation from CGC and Raw Thrills beyond the YouTube views because he sold a lot of games. Well done.

As I expected QT dictated no video and throwback design. Maybe he knows more about great pinball than the modern guys!

#1215 1 year ago

Pinside 2013: “Stern needs an LCD if they want to catch up with JJP!”
Pinside 2023: “Hey Stern, Pulp Fiction proves we don’t need an LCD!”

(Channeling my inner @crazylevi)

#1216 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I highly doubt this. Not at 9k. This isn’t a 15k LE. Market can support 9k for hot machine. Just look at CCRLE market value and supply. I am sure there is still some stock left, but not likely to be plenty. Market value of this could easily settle around 11 or 12k. It’s one of few pins releasing capable of that IMO.

Lol, this machine probably cost about $1500 to make. There's nothing there! Its a money grab and people are falling for it!

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

So LE's appear sold out (no surprise there).

I'd say it's one of the most surprising things ever in pinball. 1000 LE's of street level game with no video that won't ship for more than 6-months launched at 4 PM EST sells out basically the same day. Amazing.

#1218 1 year ago

why dont they show gameplay before taking orders?................. they never will, they dont have to. people will keep buying as usual so they will never ever show gameplay before opening orders. thats all our fault.

#1219 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

why dont they show gameplay before taking orders?................. they never will, they dont have to. people will keep buying as usual so they will never ever show gameplay before opening orders. thats all our fault.

The SDTM video doesn’t show live gameplay in the wild, but it shows and explains a lot. The SEs aren’t limited, so no need to rush on those if live gameplay important to decision.

#1220 1 year ago

Every time someone writes "street level" an orphan puppy shivers alone in a dark rainy alley. Use your powers wisely.

#1221 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

How can a game with no inventory released at 4PM EST be sold out? Makes no sense since these guys close by 5 and there’s 1000

Got my invoice hours after 5:00 EDT, on game reveal day distos work overtime!

#1222 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Every time someone writes "street level" an orphan puppy shivers alone in a dark rainy alley. Use your powers wisely.

Although to be fair, if Williams followed Gottlieb's lead and made a street level pin during that WPC super-pin era....I think it would look a lot like Pulp Fiction.

(street level primarily meaning lower BOM than another contemporary game)

#1223 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Almost got a fathom because wanted something in that era. PF is sooooo much better.

I dunno, Fathom is a classic and need to see more of PF actual gameplay. Looks promising but player in featurette didn’t exactly showcase the gameplay as well.
Lots of bricks.

#1224 1 year ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Lol, this machine probably cost about $1500 to make. There's nothing there! Its a money grab and people are falling for it!

Are you in 1980? I just restored an Indy and wasn’t that bad and cost $4k in parts alone. Shits expensive.

#1225 1 year ago

Can’t wait to drain and Sam says “well ain’t that a bitch”

#1226 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It does look like lW3 except a completely different layout in every way.

No the art, not the layout. I get art is subjective and I appear to be in the minority. Its a pretty amazing time to be in the hobby. The one big positive I see from this game is that they went VERY different and didn't make a half ass attempt of the same thing...Really am glad it seems to work for them. I think competition is great for everyone.

#1227 1 year ago

Art is a huge miss imo, but it looks fun to shoot. Look forward to playing it someday

#1228 1 year ago

Is the cabinet art decals?

#1229 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's funny that the "Street Level" Line was such a disaster for Gottlieb, but 30 years later it's the standard for describing a game with no ramps.

It's as if "Edsel" had somehow become the synonym for "new car model."

I Cargumented!!

#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

I can't believe this thing sold out with FF and TGF announced the same month. Looks like LW3 to me. I am glad some of you guys are happy, I am happy that I don't have to find ANOTHER 10k and space in my house. I will drop a few quarters in one, but I really think modern pinball is better than 80s pinball (no matter the theme, or rules)

I have 4 Sterns and I love them but I think every game room needs something different. I miss the simplicity of older games - the modern retro is totally hitting the mark for me.

Quoted from swampfire:

Pinside 2013: “Stern needs an LCD if they want to catch up with JJP!”
Pinside 2023: “Hey Stern, Pulp Fiction proves we don’t need an LCD!”
(Channeling my inner CrazyLevi)

LCDs are very overrated. I only look at them if I have to when playing. I actually don't like JJP giant screens at all. Give me a mirror!

#1231 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I'd say it's one of the most surprising things ever in pinball. 1000 LE's of street level game with no video that won't ship for more than 6-months launched at 4 PM EST sells out basically the same day. Amazing.

The game itself is one of the more surprising things in pinball. I’m in because it’s pretty unique. Proven people working on it. Quality manufacturer (granted with its issues). Iconic theme (iconic is thrown around but this truly is). Beautiful looking. Great topper. Gameplay and modes explained pretty well in the stdm video. It all adds up to give me confidence to order.

#1232 1 year ago

Anyway Numeric/DMD > LCD

#1233 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

if Williams followed Gottlieb's lead and made a street level pin during that WPC super-pin era...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's funny that the "Street Level" Line was such a disaster for Gottlieb,

You guys must hate puppies...

#1234 1 year ago

Got a LE. Now I just need to hunker down on the savings. The potato play field leak really soured me on this but seeing ZMs video really got me excited once again. Been a rollercoaster with these leaks and reveals the last month. I’m glad there’s only one more to go and possibly another winner in GTF.

#1235 1 year ago

Interested in an LE if any distributor has one available. Please PM me

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

The SDTM video doesn’t show live gameplay in the wild, but it shows and explains a lot.

I think the beginning has gameplay no? Includes topper starting as well into modes and also MB happening (real-time start of it).

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Is the cabinet art decals?

Yes. We definitely had early conversations of wanting to actually do stencils. That morphed into possibly doing a direct screen print on the cabinet. We ultimately landed on art decals for a myriad of reasons.

#1238 1 year ago

How's CGC work with SE models, they keep making them as long as they are being ordered? Going to TPF and Pinbrew in the next month and think this will be at one or both of those. I'm basically in but figure I might as well wait and play since I have the opportunities.

#1239 1 year ago

Ok That STDM video was very convincing that they are going to be true to to theme. Nothing watered down and that brief glimpse of the heart shot mode was genius. So the only thing I need to see now before putting my wallet where my mouth is.

Gameplay Stream motherflipper! Do you have it!

#1240 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

Interested in an LE if any distributor has one available. Please PM me

#1241 1 year ago

I love the retro look and feel. Much better implementation than Bond. If the price was about 1K less I think that would be the sweet spot, $6999. Would definitely pick one up in the future when the kids are older.

#1242 1 year ago

Congrats to all owners....looks like a great game......

#1243 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Can’t wait to drain and Sam says “well ain’t that a bitch”

Or making a big valuable shot, “look at the big brains on Brad!!”

#1244 1 year ago

Game Exchange sold out as well. Looking for an LE.

#1245 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or making a big valuable shot, “look at the big brains on Brad!!”

That quote definitely has a place (or two) in the machine.

#1246 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

The game itself is one of the more surprising things in pinball. I’m in because it’s pretty unique. Proven people working on it. Quality manufacturer (granted with its issues). Iconic theme (iconic is thrown around but this truly is). Beautiful looking. Great topper. Gameplay and modes explained pretty well in the stdm video. It all adds up to give me confidence to order.

Agreed. Wasn’t questioning appeal, just amazement in level of immediate demand for a different style game.

Just placed my order for LE. (They’re not sold out, but very close.) Excited. Full rules sheet published sold me.

#1247 1 year ago
Quoted from sprite:

Game Exchange sold out as well. Looking for an LE.

Pinballs.com Call : 203-877-0348

Could still have a few LE's Ask for Becky and tell her Frank D. 911 sent you.
Good luck.

#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

just amazement in level of immediate demand for a different style game.

I share in your level of amazement and lost more bets than I care to admit yesterday.

#1249 1 year ago
Quoted from simbob:

to you guys, does it look like there is addictive, flowy shots?

In a word, no. I see a lot of scoops, targets, and shots that feed the pop bumpers. You should believe Josh when he said the game plays brutal. Dude may be washed now, but he used to be one of the best in the world. (hi Josh!)

I'm thinking more TNA than Bond 60th.

#1250 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I share in your level of amazement and lost more bets than I care to admit yesterday.

Did you lose a bet with your son? It is time to learn some new words Dad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/25?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.