IMG_8236.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 142.
#1001 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:Wouldn’t say I’m “affluent”, but I do have a nice home theater and I am a film buff. My theater room is good sized and my pinball friends ask why I don’t stick pinball machines in it. One thing they seem to forget and why a pinball machine won’t ever go in there, I have two subwoofers that produce a lot of bass. Last thing I want to hear during a movie is a pinball machine rattling or vibrating!

Running B&W 802D4s and the two SVS 16s. Same problem. Would literally shatter the glass on a pin in the same room : )

#1002 1 year ago

This looks amazing! It had me at inline drops.

#1003 1 year ago

In for an LE! Hoping for #666 so I can figure out what is in that briefcase

#1004 1 year ago

Gotta see a game play vid.... kind of makes me nervous that this part was omitted.

#1005 1 year ago

Need to see how the game sounds and plays before figuring out what games I'd have to sell to snag one of these. Love this film.

If the theme is watered down to not offend all the sensitive people these days I'm out for sure. No FOMO here.

#1006 1 year ago

I am out with this one. As of now with all new pinballs out lately, only one I like is Godfather, which is not the best theme but everything, playfield, art, play,etc, looks good to me.

#1007 1 year ago

Looks great. Goes to show simple can be great. Hopefully the coding is a good as the early impressions

#1008 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

This looks amazing! It had me at inline drops.

Same.

As soon as I saw them in the video, i was sold. Love the upper saucer w/ side lanes, just like late 70's Patla games. Right side has a drop target entry so I'm sure sometimes its locked. These gotta be smart drops too like the center drops and inline drops on the left. Two spinners. I'm sure theres a bunch of other things we can't see yet.

I'm really looking forward to the rules. This is gonna be tons of fun. Been wanting a Mark Ritchie game for the longest time then this comes up, basically his love letter to such a great era of games. And with an A+ theme is just a bonus for me.

#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m sure there are still plenty of LE’s out there, 1000 is a hell of a lot of LE’s for a street level game like this. To me it would be hard to commit to a game like this with no actual gameplay video, but what the hell do I know.

Sold out to distributers and sold out to Joe Public has ever been the case.

#1010 1 year ago

Damn. I want this. Bad. But I just don’t know if I can hand my cash to CGC again. I know it’s been said 100 times already, but the lack of communication from that team about CCr told me they don’t care about their customers.

Do I look the other way and give them more money? It’s like walking in on your wife banging the neighbor every night and you just stick with her because you’re too pathetic to put your foot down…

Giving CGC more money is like making breakfast for your wife and neighbor in the morning.

#1011 1 year ago

The excitment generated in this thread for a throwback game with alphanumeric displays at Stern Pro+ level prices may finally put to bed the "LCD is required" argument.

#1012 1 year ago

I broke down and bought the last one on nitro! Can't really afford it now, good thing it's not coming out till October. This will be my second pin. Pulp is my favorite movie so I had too.

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Do I look the other way and give them more money? It’s like walking in on your wife banging the neighbor every night and you just stick with her because you’re too pathetic to put your foot down…
Giving CGC more money is like making breakfast for your wife and neighbor in the morning.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1014 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The excitment generated in this thread with a throwback game with alphanumeric displays at Stern Pro+ level prices may finally put to bed the "LCD is required" argument.

There's "excitement" in every one of the 14 new pinball machine reveal threads...

But I gotta admit, even *I'M* wondering who the Hell is gonna buy all these goddamn things.

#1015 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Damn. I want this. Bad. But I just don’t know if I can hand my cash to CGC again. I know it’s been said 100 times already, but the lack of communication from that team about CCr told me they don’t care about their customers.

Welp, you'll get it at some point! Just about if ya can wait.

#1016 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I broke down and bought the last one on nitro! Can't really afford it now, good thing it's not coming out till October. This will be my second pin. Pulp is my favorite movie so I had too.

I glad you took that temptation from me.

#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I don’t always wave the JJP flag but they do releases right. Announce and then boom they start arriving. Stern gets close to this model of announcing with Pros going on locations first etc. but it still takes a bit. Why is this so hard for other manufacturers?

#1018 1 year ago

The power of a good license. PF sucks the air (and money) out of the room while people are waiting to see how Galactic Tank Force (GTF) plays, sounds, etc... GTF is also a bit of a throwback from a great designer (Nordman) and even has an LCD display. It looks along the lines of a System 11 where PF looks vintage 1978 to 81ish.

#1019 1 year ago

When can we expect to see game play?

#1020 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I don’t always wave the JJP flag but they do releases right. Announce and then boom they start arriving. Stern gets close to this model of announcing with Pros going on locations first etc. but it still takes a bit. Why is this so hard for other manufacturers?

Cudos to JJP for flipping that script. Time to delivery after game announcement used to be one of their biggest criticisms.

#1021 1 year ago

The excitement around this game is music to my ears and tells me mfg's will continue to build retro games that harken back to the 80's (and dare I say 70's) golden age of pinball. Love my new games but to unbox a brand-new "80's" game is going to be simply awesome! LE for ME.

#1022 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I’m with ya. JJP did it right this time. I’m contemplating buying an LE just because I can get it now and I’m impatient.

I’m just not sure about diverting every damn ball path four different ways. Why Eric gets a hard on over diverting balls is beyond me.

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Shit man.... should I just pull the trigger on this thing and get the LE?? Ready to hit submit on the deposit....

There aren't any LEs available, to my knowledge. If you mean hit "submit on the deposit" on the email from PinballStar, it takes you to a sold out screen and has been since about 5pm.

The topper is really damn cool as far as those go, but it's also a topper so whatever. Now if they locked the chrome legs/rails/door to the LE, that would've been tough. This beautiful throwback needs to look like one.

#1024 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's "excitement" in every one of the 14 new pinball machine reveal threads...
But I gotta admit, even *I'M* wondering who the Hell is gonna buy all these goddamn things.

i got you boo.

#1025 1 year ago

Sad that there is no screen as the movie has some awesome scenes that could be incorporated. I think that’s a serious miss.

#1026 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

There aren't any LEs available, to my knowledge. If you mean hit "submit on the deposit" on the email from PinballStar, it takes you to a sold out screen and has been since about 5pm.

Why is it, I think you'll be able to find some for the right price.

#1027 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Well CGC sells games through about 50 distributors in the states but somehow since one of them shows sold out they are all gone? 1000 are being made after many committed to other new games also.

#1028 1 year ago
7edxe6 (resized).jpg7edxe6 (resized).jpg
#1029 1 year ago

The Bally style Coin Door is a great touch...
I don't need a damn video screen of any type, and pinball never did.
Seeing the full backglass and score displays... well that's what a pinball machine should look like.
The three color stencil is perfect.
In line drops are my favorite type of shot in pinball.
Lots of movie callouts and soundtract songs, awesome.
Great work Mr Ritchie and team.

#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Cudos to JJP for flipping that script. Time to delivery after game announcement used to be one of their biggest criticisms.

This is true I think this started with Wonka.They have a couple hundred completed games ready to ship.They also have finally fixed the flipper and playfield issues!Now if we can just steal David Thiel to do sound and convince Keefer to back off his multiball craze!Pulp Fiction looks good and I’m sure Thiel did a wonderful job with the sound.But the game might be too simplistic for the long haul?Ive had a lot of this kind of game and I get bored quickly with them but they were only costing me $1200 to $1500 usually

#1031 1 year ago

definitely a interesting looking game, look forward to some game play footage

#1033 1 year ago

Hoping there will be some secret wizard modes like Vincent Bathroom.
In Pulp Fiction something bad always happens each time when Vincent goes to the bathroom.

https://screenrant.com/pulp-fiction-movie-vincent-vega-bathroom-breaks-theory/

#1034 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m with ya. JJP did it right this time. I’m contemplating buying an LE just because I can get it now and I’m impatient.
I’m just not sure about diverting every damn ball path four different ways. Why Eric gets a hard on over diverting balls is beyond me.

Got My deposit down on PFLE. I’m hoping I can hold out. Don’t like waiting! Life is short!
Although the Lebowski owners have been fairly patient.

#1035 1 year ago

Pulp Fiction Pinball Featurette

Play Mechanix Pinball reveals Pulp Fiction Pinball in collaboration with New Line Cinema and Chicago Gaming Company

Take a deeper look inside Pulp Fiction Pinball with the game creators, as they discuss working with the film studio and Quentin Tarantino's vision of the game. The development team also talks about embarking on their new endeavor into pinball, game features, player objectives, finer details of the machine, and bringing the new, while embracing the nostalgia and feel of vintage/retro. This new pinball machine embraces the very essence of Pulp Fiction while bringing you an experience unlike anything you've ever seen or heard before.

WARNING: ADULT LANGUAGE, ADULT CONTENT, VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

#1037 1 year ago

Played JB60 tonight. Has me wanting even more to be in, based on how great shooting it felt as a modern game with a retro layout. And I’m pretty sure beside the theme song that game has 0 going for it audio wise, well as far as callouts/music. Don’t get me wrong, the spinners and other mechanics sound great.

Best CGC distributor for OH? With possibility to save on tax or shipping.

#1038 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The excitment generated in this thread for a throwback game with alphanumeric displays at Stern Pro+ level prices may finally put to bed the "LCD is required" argument.

well TNA needed the LCD for the service menus. Now alphanumeric only is very old for that.
and if it's pc based is there an display in the cab?

And if there is any online stuff good lucking putting in an wifi password with alphanumeric displays.

#1039 1 year ago

Just watched it, makes me want it even more! Can't wait!

#1040 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

The Bally style Coin Door is a great touch...
I don't need a damn video screen of any type, and pinball never did.
Seeing the full backglass and score displays... well that's what a pinball machine should look like.
The three color stencil is perfect.
In line drops are my favorite type of shot in pinball.
Lots of movie callouts and soundtract songs, awesome.
Great work Mr Ritchie and team.

and if you need to install an DBA on it or put in card swipe on it?

#1041 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn already had my deposit money down on SpinalTap and Punny Factory. What to do ? What to do ?

#1042 1 year ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and if you need to install an DBA on it or put in card swipe on it?

They sell a dollar bill validator version.

#1043 1 year ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

I'm going to need to figure out how I'm going to pay for all these new machines! Hahaha

So what you thinking now you have seen it? Ive been buying 20 + years. Im afraid of getting stuck with this and loosing 3 to 4 Grand.

#1044 1 year ago

Please don't let it have a Mirco playfield.

#1045 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Pulp Fiction Pinball Featurette
Play Mechanix Pinball reveals Pulp Fiction Pinball in collaboration with New Line Cinema and Chicago Gaming Company
Take a deeper look inside Pulp Fiction Pinball with the game creators, as they discuss working with the film studio and Quentin Tarantino's vision of the game. The development team also talks about embarking on their new endeavor into pinball, game features, player objectives, finer details of the machine, and bringing the new, while embracing the nostalgia and feel of vintage/retro. This new pinball machine embraces the very essence of Pulp Fiction while bringing you an experience unlike anything you've ever seen or heard before.
WARNING: ADULT LANGUAGE, ADULT CONTENT, VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

You mutherfuckers! Another great job on the "featurette" guys.

Made me flip flop on this one. The call outs alone. FFS

#1046 1 year ago
Quoted from bifjohnson:

So what you thinking now you have seen it? Ive been buying 20 + years. Im afraid of getting stuck with this and loosing 3 to 4 Grand.

I've got a LE on order. I love Chicago Gaming Companies quality, They're built like tanks and I almost never have any issues with any of them. That said, Its pulp fiction!! It would have been cool to have the screen I guess but honestly the sound assests they have are incredible and I'd take that over a screen I'm not watching while playing anyway. This will also be something more unique in my collection. I'm 39 and prefer dmd and newer machines, however pulp fiction will be new and modern with high quality sound with having that classic feel/look to it. Again, I can't wait to get it!

#1047 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You mutherfuckers! Another great job on the "featurette" guys.
Made me flip flop on this one. The call outs alone. FFS

Resistance is futile Ice.

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

An LCD screen done right is a beautiful thing. I think the hype can be divided into two camps: 1. Fans of classic era pins who happen to like this film and 2. Fans of the film/theme who don't like bygone era games as much as modern offerings, but love the film.
I myself fall into the second camp, so the lack of an LCD is a big deal to me at that price..... and before people start slamming me on this..... I grew up playing Gorgar, Centaur, Paragon, etc.

#1049 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh to only have had that crystal ball just a year ago and clean house in preparation for this moment to attack the used market .

4B0CC04D-5C39-4762-94AE-AB19268CF3A2 (resized).png4B0CC04D-5C39-4762-94AE-AB19268CF3A2 (resized).png
#1050 1 year ago

These SDTM features are so well done. This damn thing is 51 minutes long lol, only watched the first half so far but I really appreciate the team and their approach overall. They obviously cared a lot and did so much right, they're saying all the right things I want to hear. The art was just a swing and a miss for me sadly, which makes the rest bittersweet, but good to at least hear the story behind what happened.

Also, just a minor detail, but I totally missed that there's a center post between the flippers, it's barely in the shots, had to see the ball bounce to go back and look.

Edit: here's a clear shot

Post (resized).pngPost (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
There are 7,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/21?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.