IMG_0865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0864 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240501_200726003.MP (resized).jpg
pinside.643ee2f3caa83f7758e5f741145c862a6384d350 (resized).jpg
IMG_1721 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1724 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 145.
#7151 53 days ago

I’m likely nearing 50 games on my Pulp
fiction in the week since I have brought it home.

Initial impressions are that I have had some out of the box problems including multiple stuck balls on the right saucer drop target that I still haven’t been able to adjust, some airballs, almost complete inability to backhand the right saucer and some bricking of the pawn shop targets.

That being said, unlike my other games where my focus is on starting modes, this game is very different. If I open a character I try to start the cast chaos. I go for locks. I can barely get two modes started in a game but everything is just addictive and keeps me coming back. I like that it is fast playing and that a game lasts 3-5 minutes versus 20+ minutes on my other games. Starting anything feels like an accomplishment. More than any other game I have, and this could be honeymoon period talking, this makes me want to play just one more game.

It is so different than anything else I have that I just love it.

1 week later
#7152 43 days ago

Mod from Mezel is ready to ship

MezelModsDesign . Well done.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/pulp-fiction-pinball-mods/products/pulp-fiction-pawn-shop

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7153 43 days ago

Mhhh ... no thank you

#7154 43 days ago

Yeah I love Mezel Mods and have purchased a few of their high quality, well designed game mods. However I don’t know that the mod is looking better than the original in this case. The top sign does match the movie better but at the cost of everything else looking clunky AF.

IMG_0864 (resized).jpegIMG_0864 (resized).jpegIMG_0865 (resized).jpegIMG_0865 (resized).jpeg
#7155 43 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah I love Mezel Mods and have purchased a few of their high quality, well designed game mods. However I don’t know that the mod is looking better than the original in this case. The top sign does match the movie better but at the cost of everything else looking clunky AF.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I much prefer the look of the original. The game is perfect as-is, no mods required.

#7156 43 days ago

Played PF this morning with my daughter at the Bat and wow! I had zero desire to getting one, but damn this game is fun. Old school SS feel but modern. Definitely would like to get one when in stock.

IMG_0753 (resized).jpegIMG_0753 (resized).jpeg
#7157 43 days ago

Yeah it’s incongruent design wise with the game. Kinda sticks out like a sure thumb imo.

Quoted from pinchamp:

#7158 43 days ago

Advertising your mod business on your 'mod' must be a new low.

Best mod for this game would be to undo the bite.

#7159 42 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah I love Mezel Mods and have purchased a few of their high quality, well designed game mods.

For sure, they have some nice mods !
But the pawnshop looks horrible, a chepish 3D print, not in high qualty printed. The green lock lites are just ugly.
If someone makes this mode with more heart and love for details it would be a nice add-on , but not this.
Its not high quality and not well designed.

#7160 42 days ago

That’s another thing that is frickin irritating as shit. Cheap ass plastic mods that cost a fortune.

#7161 42 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Played PF this morning with my daughter at the Bat and wow! I had zero desire to getting one, but damn this game is fun. Old school SS feel but modern. Definitely would like to get one when in stock.
[quoted image]

A week into ownership I got my first PF Frenzy last night. What a chaotic visual delight!

#7162 42 days ago

I cant wait anymore for my BMF. Grrrrrr.

Time to go find a spot that has it...

#7163 42 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Mhhh ... no thank you

Agree

#7164 42 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That’s another thing that is frickin irritating as shit. Cheap ass plastic mods that cost a fortune.

This game doesn’t need to be modded. Perfect out of the box

#7165 42 days ago

That's a stupid looking mod.. hard pass!

#7166 40 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Quoted from MikeS:

I much prefer the look of the original. The game is perfect as-is, no mods required.

I think all of the comments are spot on to the consensus- including congruency of the spirit of this pin. I love modding my pins but, I can't bring myself to doing it to this one.
Wanna create something that many will throw their $$ at? The SE model needs a Topper option for those that are "Above-the-back-box-inclined".

Speaking of toppers... where's the topper version for this emoji?

#7167 40 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

I think all of the comments are spot on to the consensus- including congruency of the spirit of this pin. I love modding my pins but, I can't bring myself to doing it to this one.
Wanna create something that many will throw their $$ at? The SE model needs a Topper option for those that are "Above-the-back-box-inclined".

I'm not a fan of toppers but if someone could create a knock-off of the LE speaker grill I think it would sell well.

#7168 39 days ago
IMG_8420 (resized).jpegIMG_8420 (resized).jpeg
#7169 39 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Where are the shooter rod mods?

#7170 39 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Couple pages back.

Comes with a classy stainless knob, though not as classy as Dave Burts one's that don't fall apart.

#7171 39 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm not a fan of toppers but if someone could create a knock-off of the LE speaker grill I think it would sell well.

Forgot about this. Yes, I’d definitely buy this if it looked close enough to the LE factory one.

#7172 39 days ago

Ok…where’d the gimp come from?

#7173 39 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Maybe should have replaced the top and left the rest.

#7174 39 days ago

Cheeky lil bastard just chillin out back there. Well played!

#7175 38 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Super Skill Shot has a few. Great quality as I have purchased many from them in the past.
I'm still on the fence on "should I?" And, if so, 'Smoking' is the frontrunner.
https://superskillshot.com/search?q=pulp

Pulp_Fiction-SuperSkillShot (resized).jpgPulp_Fiction-SuperSkillShot (resized).jpg
#7176 38 days ago

I prefer the shooter rod that came with the game...for once. Liked it so much I bought a couple for my Stern games.

#7177 38 days ago

I love the metal shooter in this game. why changing it, it is nuts

#7178 38 days ago

on the topper topic, any chances that someone can create a similar - interactive topper for the other machines?

#7179 38 days ago

If you're going to mod the shooter ball-knob, the only acceptable mod is to dip into a ball-gag-red powder coat

#7180 38 days ago

Who is making the gimp pop out from behind the pawn shop? That's a mod we all would love. Is there a led that comes on special during pawn shop multi ball?

#7182 38 days ago

It’s a Super 7 action figure. You can get em on eBay

Quoted from digitaldocc:

Who is making the gimp pop out from behind the pawn shop? That's a mod we all would love. Is there a led that comes on special during pawn shop multi ball?

#7183 36 days ago

Screenshot_20240518-112143 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240518-112143 (resized).png
#7184 36 days ago

As a home user - can anyone explain the CoinUp online connectivity? I can't find much online about it.

#7185 36 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If you're going to mod the shooter ball-knob, the only acceptable mod is to dip into a ball-gag-red powder coat

I would buy... someone make it happen... the making of... not the me buying part.

#7186 36 days ago
Quoted from Admin:

As a home user - can anyone explain the CoinUp online connectivity? I can't find much online about it.

Not out yet. You can email and get on the list. I would think for things like updating the game via WiFi.

LTG : )

#7187 36 days ago

I had already run Ethernet to my games so I plugged into PF while I set it up. All it does as of today is display your IP address.

#7188 35 days ago
Quoted from Admin:

As I understood you will get updates online and you can save scores online.
But with the scores, it will be like Stern, you only send results. Nobody knows about your settings or if there is a pinball glass in the machine
So, not very helpfull. Just a nice idea.

#7189 35 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not out yet. You can email and get on the list. I would think for things like updating the game via WiFi.

Do you have a link to get on the list or read about it? TIA

#7190 35 days ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

We need the " Gimp" . That might be a cool mod.

#7191 35 days ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Do you have a link to get on the list or read about it? TIA

On the back of the machine :

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdXxemBTn2o_JE1XTKo4zr3aI8H9nFmNUM2KDFvNfWK7MTV0w/viewform?pli=1

#7192 35 days ago
Quoted from Admin:

I would buy... someone make it happen... the making of... not the me buying part.

Just plasti-dip the ball of the rod. Might work?

#7193 34 days ago

It's worth it just for the t-shirt...lol. The first time I saw Scorbit was about 6 years ago at Expo. Thought it was a cool idea back then.

#7194 34 days ago

Played PF for the first time yesterday, gotta say! Fun shooter! Never quite dialed in the roll scene or briefcase shots but it did have me wanting to come back. The LED on the start button is a nice touch.

My local had Wick and PF- I played way more PF.

#7195 34 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

The LED on the start button is a nice touch.

This type of button is available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/WerFamily-Stainless-Button-Switch-Momentary/dp/B013ZDO4WS

518SYTiE4AL._AC_ (resized).jpg518SYTiE4AL._AC_ (resized).jpg
#7196 34 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I had already run Ethernet to my games so I plugged into PF while I set it up. All it does as of today is display your IP address.

It also sets the date & time via NTP when you first power the game on. This is a good thing because otherwise if you try to change the date you'll hit a bug in the current firmware which has it stuck in the year 2339.

#7197 34 days ago
Quoted from DanW:

It also sets the date & time via NTP when you first power the game on. This is a good thing because otherwise if you try to change the date you'll hit a bug in the current firmware which has it stuck in the year 2339.

I either missed this or forgot all about it. Good to know in either case. Thank you!

#7198 33 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Agree 100%. I can't think of anything I would change here, or add.
Even the plastics are great, with layers. Cool double-layered effect all over the game.

#7199 32 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

on the topper topic, any chances that someone can create a similar - interactive topper for the other machines?

Ask teppinball if they plan on doing anything in the matter. they’re the only ones I would buy an aftermarket topper from…

#7200 32 days ago

Hey guys. Finally got the email from JJ at Game Exchange that my SE is on its way to them.
Unfortunately I don't have the funds right now so selling my spot for what I paid...$1370.
Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Apparel - Men
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Athens, TX
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.