pinside.643ee2f3caa83f7758e5f741145c862a6384d350 (resized).jpg
IMG_1721 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1724 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).JPG
IMG_0466 (resized).jpg
20240422_171530 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 145.
#5001 7 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I believe (knock on wood) that every previous issue found has been fixed and cleared for production.
Mark and Butch helped to usher the first game (the "golden sample") with 100% production parts down the line last week. This is the game that will be used for reference as the production line starts to crank stuff out. Outside of some extremely minor nitpick issues like spotting holes for certain assemblies, I've heard everything went together extremely well.
Now CGC can be confident green lighting mass production of the parts they were waiting to release upon approval of this golden sample.
I'm not sure which parts have the longest lead time of what's left to arrive, but I'm definitely getting closer to reaching for my wallet since I owe Mr. Duba a steak dinner after the first game ships out to a customer.

I'll buy you both a steak dinner if you get mine out the door first!

Neil.

#5002 7 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I believe (knock on wood) that every previous issue found has been fixed and cleared for production.
Mark and Butch helped to usher the first game (the "golden sample") with 100% production parts down the line last week. This is the game that will be used for reference as the production line starts to crank stuff out. Outside of some extremely minor nitpick issues like spotting holes for certain assemblies, I've heard everything went together extremely well.
Now CGC can be confident green lighting mass production of the parts they were waiting to release upon approval of this golden sample.
I'm not sure which parts have the longest lead time of what's left to arrive, but I'm definitely getting closer to reaching for my wallet since I owe Mr. Duba a steak dinner after the first game ships out to a customer.

Nice!

#5003 7 months ago

I finally got to play at Expo. Loved the game, didn't love the floatiness. I know it's a throwback game but am I the only person who wants to increase the pitch and put some Titan silicone on it?

#5004 7 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Thanks Josh. Refreshing to have an update with information.

#5005 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Played some at Expo.
Better than I was hoping for
Was happy to see that all the machines they brought worked.(for the entire show and there was always a small line)
Unlike American pinball machines which were step up get bored and walk away with 2 balls left.
I'll just wait now for Pulp to ship.
Fun Game!

I agree. Game was very fun and it forces you to nudge a lot more (unless you like short games) which I like.

I may buy one next year. Certainly on my top 3 shopping list.

#5006 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

It would be impossible for any manufacturer to hit every show.
If a show would like a game. Contact the manufacturer in advance. Maybe something could be worked out. Like the show organizing shipping or something.
May or may not be possible. But worth trying.
LTG : )

Biggest show in Australia, and we have an Australian distributor who is 'supposed' to do that stuff and promote the game.

The show was big enough to hold 5 GM figures from manufacturers;

Gary stern
Jersey Jack'
Damian Martin
Mike Kalinowski
David Hankin

There was a Godfather CE there and a Toy Story CE
The world release of Venom Premium
The world release of Centaur Beast and Orblivion

It's a charity show, if they have to pay for people to promote machines it comes out of the $10k they give to charity.

Distributors job to have a machine in Australia and i spose we are not a big enough market to warrant one of their demo's. Either that or Mr Pinball doesn't give a fuck.

In any case, i don't have to play it to know i want one. I just want to play it.

#5007 7 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I'm not waiting. I'm just going to build my own. Wish me luck!
[quoted image]

Is that one of the only PF playfields out there! I wish Cliffy could get his hands on it, so that he'll be ready with the needed protectors once the pin goes into circulation.

#5008 7 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:I believe (knock on wood) that every previous issue found has been fixed and cleared for production.

Awesome, thanks so much for the update.

#5009 7 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

When CGC announced they did say production was estimated to start in Q3, which technically ended on September 30th.
It's perfectly fair for people to be frustrated with that date not being hit. WE are frustrated with that date not being hit. Like I mentioned previously, we were able to find some design issues based on the show and location testing that has been happening the past 6 months. The game will be better for it, but no doubt the things we found and had to solve have had an impact on hitting that estimated start date announced back in March.
Progress is still happening on the daily. Everyone on our side of the fence wants this thing in people's hands more than anyone.

I appreciate the thorough preproduction work, and the funds in my bank account do too!

No rush to perfection! Keep up the good work!

#5010 7 months ago

Yeah run those babies in, gotta be perfect
Mrs asked me about my order.. generally doesn’t give 2 shits. She’s been telling folk at work about PF. Peeps I’ve never met, already inviting themselves up…lol

#5011 7 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Mrs asked me about my order.. generally doesn’t give 2 shits. She’s been telling folk at work about PF. Peeps I’ve never met, already inviting themselves up…lol

Am I invited??

#5012 7 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Is Pulp Fiction a popular movie in Annan?

#5013 7 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Is Pulp Fiction a popular movie in Annan?

Man…… Pulp Fiction…
Reservoir Dogs, Dusk till Dawn, True Romance…
QT is a legend in Scotland.

#5014 7 months ago

Yeah,…. just bring beer

#5015 7 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Yeah,…. just bring beer

Deal if you supply the Scotch and Haggis.

#5016 7 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Man…… Pulp Fiction…
Reservoir Dogs, Dusk till Dawn, True Romance…
QT is a legend in Scotland.

So many more greats.

Jackie Brown, Amazing.
Kill Bill 1 and 2 - my all time fav. Brilliant music. ( This could be a pin so easy)
Inglorious Basterds- insane cast again.
Django I have watched 10x. Also fantastic music score.
Hateful 8 extended edition in 4 parts on Netflix is a must watch.

and finally as he keeps getting better.

" One Upon a time in Hollywood" cant get any better.

#5017 7 months ago

Knappnarcade just posted the first production test game rolled off . Parts being ordered to start . Will take some time to arrive and start building games but they are ready and beginning the process .

#5018 7 months ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

So many more greats.
Jackie Brown, Amazing.
Kill Bill 1 and 2 - my all time fav. Brilliant music. ( This could be a pin so easy)

Inglorious Basterds - “ that is a bingo” ..lol awesome movie
Jackie Brown - yep excellent, cool soundtrack
Don’t get me started on Kill Bill … I have my little collection..got me a Hanzo sword …lol
0F403256-4D17-4A3F-B148-71FABA1496F2 (resized).png0F403256-4D17-4A3F-B148-71FABA1496F2 (resized).png66885782-8935-40D5-B5B5-E9A7AB7B6C6D (resized).png66885782-8935-40D5-B5B5-E9A7AB7B6C6D (resized).png

#5019 7 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Knappnarcade just posted the first production test game rolled off . Parts being ordered to start . Will take some time to arrive and start building games but they are ready and beginning the process .

Because he just reported on what josh literally just posted in this thread just a page ago. You’re reporting the echo

#5020 7 months ago

I've never read a post on knapparcade before but is a lack of sourcing usual? Even something like "A post on pinside by ifpapinball reveals the following..." would at least give credit to the source, or, maybe that wasn't the source, maybe they heard it someone else, in which case that would be helpful for the reading audience to know too. When you don't source things it just sounds like rumours.

#5021 7 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Inglorious Basterds - “ that is a bingo” ..lol awesome movie
Jackie Brown - yep excellent, cool soundtrack
Don’t get me started on Kill Bill … I have my little collection..got me a Hanzo sword …lol
[quoted image][quoted image]

Impressive brother.

#5022 7 months ago

All I know is, I can't stop playing it.

#5023 7 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because he just reported on what josh literally just posted in this thread just a page ago. You’re reporting the echo

Doh!

#5024 7 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Excellent news.

First time playing at Expo. I put in about 10-12 games, absolutely love it. It's a winner and it's priced right.

#5025 7 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

First time playing at Expo. I put in about 10-12 games, absolutely love it. It's a winner and it's priced right.

Getting to play this made my whole trip out to Expo worth while. In the end I realized every time I walked into the room, PF was the first game I wanted to play and play and play again : )

#5026 7 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Getting to play this made my whole trip out to Expo worth while. In the end I realized every time I walked into the room, PF was the first game I wanted to play and play and play again : )

What stuck out for you?

#5027 7 months ago

Of course theme for me matters . Then I like some flow. I love the shots and especially a fan of drop targets lined up . Like in Metallica too . Between those shots and middle targets to access that lock as well as things in between it just has a good mix for me . The multi all’s are fun and the lights and music take it up a notch . It’s a great mix of simple yet hard enough to stay fun .

#5028 7 months ago

I for one don't mind waiting. I haven't whored myself nearly enough to pay for the one I ordered yet. I need to get busy....only half joking.

#5029 7 months ago

So many more greats.
Jackie Brown, Amazing.

I love all of QTs movies, he's my favorite director and writer by a long shot.
OUATIH is fantastic. Probably my second favorite under pulp.

#5030 7 months ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

I for one don't mind waiting. I haven't whored myself nearly enough to pay for the one I ordered yet. I need to get busy....only half joking.

LOL, me too. The longer it takes the chances of me having the all money is greater.

#5031 7 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I love all of QTs movies, he's my favorite director and writer by a long shot.
OUATIH is fantastic. Probably my second favorite under pulp.

I am in the same boat. But when Kill Bill is on and that brilliant dialogue I am drawn in .

I am also on a Django kick as the music-score is brilliant.

He was tremendous and not even a mexican actor.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5032 7 months ago

I am in the same boat. But when Kill Bill is on and that brilliant dialogue I am drawn in .
I am also on a Django kick as the music-score is brilliant.
He was tremendous and not even a mexican actor.[quoted image]

Django is my second least watched Tarantino flick, behind Reservoir Dogs. I love all his movies and watch most of them once every couple of years, but for whatever reason never get to Django or RD. You're making me want to watch Django again though, thank you, It is well overdue for a watch!

#5033 7 months ago

" If this was the Military, I'd be General by now" .....lol

#5034 7 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Django is my second least watched Tarantino flick, behind Reservoir Dogs. I love all his movies and watch most of them once every couple of years, but for whatever reason never get to Django or RD. You're making me want to watch Django again though, thank you, It is well overdue for a watch!

Please do on the big screen. Leonardo should have one the oscar for that performance. Samuel Was also fantastic. Cutting is hand was an accident and he just went with it. Incredible.

Here is a taste of some great music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=i-frUciaEYl2J2XT&v=SstJ1umgup8&feature=youtu.be

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5035 7 months ago

Tell me this is not music score at it's finest.

#5036 7 months ago

I've got an adequate home theatre that will do it justice I'm sure.

I'm rather fond of the Hateful 8 musical score, but will pay close attention to Django, will get it done this week and report back .

#5037 7 months ago
Quoted from roar:

I'm rather fond of the Hateful 8 musical score, but will pay close attention to Django, will get it done this week and report back .

I am coming to Toronto to visit family soon. How far are you? I still remember Young street. How did I survive it?? lol

#5038 7 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Django would be my third fav. Here, we should rank QT movies. Make sure to do kill Bill as one movie.
1 pulp fiction
2 ouatih
3 Django
4 reservoir dogs
5 hateful 8
6 inglorious basterds
7 kill bill
8 Jackie brown
9 death proof
That's as it stands now. If you asked me in a week it would probably change but my top three is set in stone. So many great films.

#5039 7 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Django would be my third fav. Here, we should rank QT movies. Make sure to do kill Bill as one movie.
1 pulp fiction
2 ouatih
3 Django
4 reservoir dogs
5 hateful 8
6 inglorious basterds
7 kill bill
8 Jackie brown
9 death proof
That's as it stands now. If you asked me in a week it would probably change but my top three is set in stone. So many great films.

I like the list. Jackie B is really good in a calm environment. Bob D is awseome.

We could include Natural born Killers and True Romance as he was a co-director.

#5040 7 months ago

I like the list. Jackie B is really good in a calm environment. Bob D is awseome.
We could include Natural born Killers and True Romance as he was a co-director.

He wrote True Romance and NBK. Stone changed NBK so much that QT just got a story credit. True Romance is a awesome movie. I think he sold those scripts off so he could do reservoir dogs. He directed a room in four room. In sin city he did a scene. He also wrote from dusk till dawn which reminds me, I should watch that film before Halloween.
Deniro is awesome in JB. As I get older I appreciate that film more. I need to kick back and watch that one again.

#5041 7 months ago

P?

FfcSBd (resized).jpgFfcSBd (resized).jpg
#5042 7 months ago
Quoted from roar:

ve got an adequate home theatre that will do it justice I'm sure.

That’s my other Hobby …

IMG_4485 (resized).jpegIMG_4485 (resized).jpeg
#5043 7 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

That’s my other Hobby …
[quoted image]

Ok I have to ask as someone who useto be in the home theatre buisness, why are your speakers (what I'm maybe incorrectly assuming are the L and R channels?) so close to the screen?

#5044 7 months ago

They Bowers and Wilkins 802D4s . About 2 ft off the wall and the TV is 85” so they are about 8 and half feet apart . Took pic from side but my main chair sits dead center . Music first ; )

#5045 7 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Music first ; )

Ok was that movie on the screen the opening scene from "The rock"?

#5046 7 months ago

Watchmen

#5047 7 months ago

Why the subtitles?

#5048 7 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

That’s my other Hobby …
[quoted image]

nice.gifnice.gif

#5049 7 months ago

Let’s me watch late once the wife is home . Have to turn it down lol.

#5050 7 months ago

I’m gonna be that guy.

If you’re not doing front projection it’s not home theater, it’s just loud TV…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Busti, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eau Claire, WI
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Wanted
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 7,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/101?hl=jordyramone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.