Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shotguns (resized).jpg
78FFD45D-5D38-4306-B1C3-B3B00F34977A (resized).jpeg
3F2AC42B-8FD6-4318-BD30-A4EB99979C71 (resized).jpeg
34CFAA1C-EB16-40A9-8323-6A337F207E59 (resized).jpeg
D29785F1-14AA-40BE-AD58-6769240968A3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Can't do the theme justice without all that licensed music, so highly unlikely. However, in the wonderful world of digital pinball, we can do whatever we want, so maybe.

Agree OG soundtrack is a must. Hopefully it’ll be a simple swap like TBL.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Release date? Do they make a quality pin?

CgC have the best build quality of all manufacturers atm. We haven’t seen an original title from them yet, so who knows about the game itself. Did see one rumour it was a single level game. Also rumoured to be designed by Mark Ritchie (Williams Indy, Taxi, Fish Tales). That’s all I’ve heard.

1 week later
#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's really no historical data to look at, once games went to ramps they pretty much all followed suit.
It's only recently that there's been a new (and welcome) interest in making modern single level games.
But in general there's no real reason for them be cheaper. You take off a couple ramps, you replace them with other stuff. A ramp in and of itself isn't a huge expense. Put in a drop target bank instead and it might actually cost more than the ramp it replaced.

Ramps are expensive for a number of reasons - design, prototyping, testing, the huge amount of crap that has to go on them, the fact you still need to put something underneath them since you’re essentially adding another level to the playfield. Drop target banks have none of that and are off the shelf parts.

Doesn’t mean to say they’re preferable in all games. I’m a huge fan of tough single level games. I think Pulp Fiction would be great as a single level game.

However it’s done, a Pulp Fiction pin needs to break your balls.

#41 1 year ago

The piece of plastic is just a part of a complete ramp assembly - what about wiring loom, the multiple switches, the decals, the flashers, the air all protectors, the front posts, the support posts etc etc. Plus the rest of the game that goes underneath. I’m sorry, I really don’t buy the ramps are cheap argument.

34CFAA1C-EB16-40A9-8323-6A337F207E59 (resized).jpeg34CFAA1C-EB16-40A9-8323-6A337F207E59 (resized).jpeg

But we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Sorry to derail this into a ramp v drop target debate again.

Pulp Fiction is my only remaining grail theme. Don’t care if it’s got ramps or not. Just give me full R rated assets, and make it tough.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

I have to go with Aurich on this one, Ramps are cheaper than drop targets. While the biggest cost is the tooling, once amortizing across the run of game, the cost per ramp, even fully loaded with parts, is lower than drop target banks. While ramps require other parts to be complete, drop Targets do as well (brackets/weldments, coils, switches, drop targets, springs, etc. and often posts and rubbers). They also require electronics/drivers and software development. When a game is pushing the limits of its BOM budget, the first thing that goes (after the Shaker motor) are drop targets, typically replaced with stand-ups -- even more frustrating is having them removed after already developing rules and coding the game to use them.
As far as Pulp Fiction -- as others have said, if you are not going to do it as an adult theme, then don't do it! If CGC is making this game, then I have to think they get that. The increase in pinball companies, certainly increase the likelihood of seeing some themes that Stern and JJP might shy away from.

Even if full ramp assemblies and full drop target mechs were similar total pricing, ramps definitely have more "bang for buck" when it comes to BOM rationalising. And once you design a game with ramps i think you're locked in to ramps. A drop target bank can easily be swapped out for static targets without too much impact.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

If CGC is making this game, then I have to think they get that.

I read a comment that it's a Raw Thrills/CGC partnership. Not sure how much truth in that, but that should bode well for license negotiations I would hope.

2 months later
#92 1 year ago

This explosion of new games is getting ridiculous now.

78FFD45D-5D38-4306-B1C3-B3B00F34977A (resized).jpeg78FFD45D-5D38-4306-B1C3-B3B00F34977A (resized).jpeg
#99 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Curious what the CGC definition of "coming soon" is.

Sh*t, forgot about that bit.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I’m so in. Don’t care if it’s just a basic layout. The music and iconic quotes is enough for me.

Absolutely.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-1?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.