Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shotguns (resized).jpg
78FFD45D-5D38-4306-B1C3-B3B00F34977A (resized).jpeg
3F2AC42B-8FD6-4318-BD30-A4EB99979C71 (resized).jpeg
34CFAA1C-EB16-40A9-8323-6A337F207E59 (resized).jpeg
D29785F1-14AA-40BE-AD58-6769240968A3 (resized).jpeg
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 1 year ago

Supposedly it will be similar to Data East Star Wars

#52 1 year ago

I like DE Star wars alot, so that would be great news if the layout was similar.

Quoted from Blakester:

Supposedly it will be similar to Data East Star Wars

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I like DE Star wars alot, so that would be great news if the layout was similar.

Yeah, I wouldn't complain either. Keen to see what Raw Thrills has to offer with their first pinball machine. All their arcade game products are of a high quality.

1 week later
#54 1 year ago

This is a dream theme for me but why no ramps? That is illogical. If it’s anything like Beatles I’m out.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

This is a dream theme for me but why no ramps? That is illogical. If it’s anything like Beatles I’m out.

Because apparently thats what the liscense holder/Tarantino wanted. I'm expecting a small crossover type ramp similar to Sorcerer or Firepower 2 and thats it

#56 1 year ago

Dream theme for me too. I can’t imagine them having all the songs and actors though. Hopefully I’m wrong. If QT is indeed hands on with it though I’m sure it’ll be good.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Because apparently thats what the liscense holder/Tarantino wanted. I'm expecting a small crossover type ramp similar to Sorcerer or Firepower 2 and thats it

Tarantino had input into it??? That would be awesome! I would have thought it would be Miramax who would hold the most cards in it the pin being made though. As I understand it Tarantino owns the rights to the screen play but Miramax owns the rights to the movie... anyway... I never really followed the lawsuit after it launched between the two when Tarantino tried to sell Pulp Fiction NFT's. Tarantino is my favourite director, I'd be thrilled to hear more about his involvement with a Pulp Fiction pin.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

This is a dream theme for me but why no ramps? That is illogical.

Some would say it was illogical to reject a game because it didn't have ramps!

Pulp Fiction's setting is past the single-level era, but I can see why Tarantino would want it to feel old school.

#59 1 year ago

I have a feeling an announcement should be coming between Monday after the game and TPF on CGI and other stuff. Between now and march madness it’s quiet after football. Supposedly this is done already. Fingers crossed

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Tarantino had input into it??? That would be awesome! I would have thought it would be Miramax who would hold the most cards in it the pin being made though. As I understand it Tarantino owns the rights to the screen play but Miramax owns the rights to the movie... anyway... I never really followed the lawsuit after it launched between the two when Tarantino tried to sell Pulp Fiction NFT's. Tarantino is my favourite director, I'd be thrilled to hear more about his involvement with a Pulp Fiction pin.

If by involvement you mean him saying it needs to be old school with no ramps, then yes. At least thats what I've heard. I have no credible evidence to back this up so take it with a grain of salt. I don't think he had any other input other than if you want to make a pulp fiction machine it has to seem old

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Quoted from Haymaker:

Quoted from Haymaker:

We heard Paul wanted a one level game too. I guess Paul and QT can have whatever they want but it doesn’t appeal to me even though their music and movies do. It’s a real bummer but I’m not going to buy a boring pinball machine because that’s what Paul and QT like.

#62 1 year ago

QT asked for a single level pin? I’m calling BS.
Lol…

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

QT asked for a single level pin? I’m calling BS.
Lol…

Exactly just rumors from unreliable sources let’s be honest. Nobody knows nothing

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Exactly just rumors from unreliable sources let’s be honest. Nobody knows nothing

Yep, including if or when we're ever going to see this machine get released. (I'm very impatient...)

#65 1 year ago

Let’s go!!!

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

It’s a real bummer but I’m not going to buy a boring pinball machine

More single level fun for the rest of us!

#67 1 year ago

CGI has a lot riding on this being their first original design. I’m sure they’ll want to kill it. There’s so many possibilities for toys and cool stuff in this game. The briefcase, big khauna burger , katana, chopper, the watch, the adrenaline shot, the wallet . Hopefully the actors and music are there and I’ll be fine with no ramps as long as it’s faithful to everything in the movie.

#68 1 year ago

Gimme three grams of madman

If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

From personal experience QT loves old school em's. He has a couple in his house.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

It’s a real bummer but I’m not going to buy a boring pinball machine because that’s what Paul and QT like.

Single level pinball machines are boring?

You must be playing the wrong ones.

rd

#71 1 year ago

If QT is involved, watch out!

#72 1 year ago

From Dusk till Dawn would have been cool…
QT could have featured…
On the bed watching TV eating Big Macs with Gloria

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Single level pinball machines are boring?
You must be playing the wrong ones.

rd

You are probably right. What do you recommend?

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

You are probably right. What do you recommend?

Well - the problem with a lot of older single levels is they are 40 years old (or more) and nobody has done decent maintenance on them, and they play like crap. Slow and floaty and no action from the pops or slings. Which leaves people with a bad experience.

I made it my job here in NZ to have a decent collection of older games for people to play - with strong flippers, grunty pops and slings - and they’re the pick of my collection IMO.

Get somewhere with a decent collection of restored machines, and your mind will be changed. Clays VFW in Ann Arbor is having a big event in May, he has 500 machines from all eras which are all great condition. Get over there if you can.

PS here’s the line up for a big Classics tournament at my place in two weeks. Plus Aquarius and Mystic, just out of shot. Fun times!

rd
3F2AC42B-8FD6-4318-BD30-A4EB99979C71 (resized).jpeg3F2AC42B-8FD6-4318-BD30-A4EB99979C71 (resized).jpeg

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Well - the problem with a lot of older single levels is they are 40 years old (or more) and nobody has done decent maintenance on them, and they play like crap. Slow and floaty and no action from the pops or slings. Which leaves people with a bad experience.
I made it my job here in NZ to have a decent collection of older games for people to play - with strong flippers, grunty pops and slings - and they’re the pick of my collection IMO.
Get somewhere with a decent collection of restored machines, and your mind will be changed. Clays VFW in Ann Arbor is having a big event in May, he has 500 machines from all eras which are all great condition. Get over there if you can.
PS here’s the line up for a big Classics tournament at my place in two weeks. Plus Aquarius and Mystic, just out of shot. Fun times!
rd
[quoted image]

Thanks, I’ll give it a chance!

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

[quoted image]

I grew up playing Firepower at my grandparent's house - my uncle was a pinball tech at the local distributor. It was fast and fun. Recently saw a nicely restored example at a local place and was excited to play it. Slow and floaty. Very boring. Didn't even finish my game. I don't know why people set them up that way. The game is called Firepower. It's supposed to be fast and exciting.

#77 1 year ago

As long as the ball saver is Mia Wallace taking her first breath after the Heart injection....Im in.

#78 1 year ago

Maybe they take the layout of a classic bw single level game and retheme it. Something like EBD.

#79 1 year ago

Hurry the hell up RW/CGC we have some QT fans up in here getting mad impatient already. This news year has been slow as molasses

1 week later
#80 1 year ago

Still waiting after everyone else is teasing releases come on

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

fter everyone else is teasing releases come on

EFLR !

LTG : )

#83 1 year ago

Is the lack of participation in this thread a good indication of the popularity of a Pulp Fiction pinball machine?

#85 1 year ago

Maybe not

#86 1 year ago

Pulp Fiction is a better theme than Foo Fighters or that space tank theme or whatever.

#87 1 year ago

Well Pulp Fiction is a better theme than most. I would be a day one buyer, would be fantastic sitting right next to TBL.

#88 1 year ago

Theme is only a part of what makes a good pin and for my dollar a very small part. I’d never buy a pin on theme alone… so to commit to having it bolted to my floor before ever flipping it isn’t a commitment I’d make. Two of the best pins I’ve ever owned would have ranked a 0 on my theme list, Metallica and Iron Maiden, could care less about either of those bands but adored both the pins. Pulp Fiction, or really just about any Tarantino themed pin would really interest me, but if it doesn’t flip worth a darn I won’t buy it because it says Pulp Fiction on it.

#89 1 year ago

I never thought I would have an Iron Maiden or Godzilla pin because of the theme but they are not going out of my house anytime soon. Theme doesn’t make the pin for me but it can make flaws more forgivable. Like Lebowski would have needed to be really not good for me not to love it.

Quoted from roar:

Theme is only a part of what makes a good pin and for my dollar a very small part. I’d never buy a pin on theme alone… so to commit to having it bolted to my floor before ever flipping it isn’t a commitment I’d make. Two of the best pins I’ve ever owned would have ranked a 0 on my theme list, Metallica and Iron Maiden, could care less about either of those bands but adored both the pins. Pulp Fiction, or really just about any Tarantino themed pin would really interest me, but if it doesn’t flip worth a darn I won’t buy it because it says Pulp Fiction on it.

#90 1 year ago

Anyone have any updates on this?

1 week later
#91 1 year ago

Teaser just went up on YouTube!

#92 1 year ago

This explosion of new games is getting ridiculous now.

78FFD45D-5D38-4306-B1C3-B3B00F34977A (resized).jpeg78FFD45D-5D38-4306-B1C3-B3B00F34977A (resized).jpeg
#93 1 year ago

Fingers crossed on this one

#94 1 year ago

Raw Thrills (PlayMechanix) first Pinball Machine. Will be interesting.

#95 1 year ago

I wonder if Josh Sharpe did the rules

#96 1 year ago

Curious what the CGC definition of "coming soon" is.

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Lol!!! Best post of the day.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Well, since Raw Thrills is making it.... maybe soon...er...

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Sh*t, forgot about that bit.

#100 1 year ago

So cool.
If it is priced right and has a killer layout it will kill every other game just released

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Frisco, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.