9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0395A.jpg
#1 9 years ago

So the first ramp switch on my High Speed is getting flaky and I've messed with it as much as I can without pulling the ramp off. I've pulled the metal shield below the front of the ramp and the cover off the top of the ramp to get easier access to it, but I really need to see this thing up close to check the contacts and see if I just need to replace it or what.
So annoying when you can tell that first switch is not registering every time when you play.

I'm sure I can figure this out if I go at it, but I would feel more comfortable if I had some pics or tips to draw on.

I'm know plenty of folks here have pulled the ramp on High Speed before, did anyone snap some pics or have some tips they could throw my way? I was googling to see if anyone had a step by step already up but no dice.

Thanks in advance!

#2 9 years ago

Well I've been pulling my ramp regularly for the past several weeks. Reason is I'm making a new clear ramp for mine and several others here on Pinside. To pull the ramp out you need to:

Remove the screw on the right rail at the end of the ramp..

Remove the 2 screws on the left side of the ramp that are screwed to the playfield

Remove the two screws at the ramp entrance that hold it down to the playfield

On the back side of the switch mechanism... below the diverter arms are two screws that hold the ramp to the diverter mechanism.

Now the hard part... The switch mechanism has a wire that feeds down the back of the playfield to a plug underneath. Obviously this needs to be unplugged. The hard part is pushing it up through the playfield. There is a slot for it to come up through but the rubber rings are in the way. If you slip the rings off the right post it should come through easily. Much easier to adjust and clean the switches once the ramp is out...

IMG_0395A.jpgIMG_0395A.jpg
#3 9 years ago

Wow that clear ramp makes a huge difference. Very nice.

#4 9 years ago

Perfect, thanks for the info. That ramp does look amazing!

1 year later
#5 8 years ago

Wow, great ramp. I'm curious how someone would fabricate such a thing! I just bought a black replacement for mine, but the clear one looks awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulling-the-ramp-on-high-speed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.