6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phat_jay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

I think pinball is on the verge of a Renaissance. I have two boys 13 and 10, and all their friends marvel at our pinball machine. And it’s an ol EM. All these kids who grew up on xboxes, have no experience with anything arcade or pinball. They are used to interacting with a 2d television screen. Pinball is 3D, with bright flashy lights,mechanically moving spinners, bumpers and flippers. It’s as if they had grown up on b/w tv and are shown a color tv. (Ya I just dated myself) the younger generations are valuing experiences more and more, and introducing them to pinball IS an experience for them. I really think we are at the end of the dark ages now, and as more and more home brew companies pop up it will catch the attention of the Williams and Bally’s of the world again.

#8 6 years ago

And btw my avatar pic is from the Chicago arcade expo last year, they spent two whole days playing machines that predated them by 30 plus years and loved it. They still talk about it, and the people they met. So what’s old CAN be new again. Don’t sell the hobby short!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phat_jay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulling-pinball-into-the-mainstream?tu=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.