• 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kiss_sol1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrebel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I give up what is causing this? My KISS LE has developed this goofy Kick out issue.

https://www.facebook.com/PinballRebel/videos/10156266303251133/

Ken

#3 6 years ago

Yes it appears to be to me.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballrebel:

Yes it appears to be to me.

The person who helps me solve this by providing a correct answer will win a beverage of their choice at TPF or $10 via paypal. Im 4-5 hours into this already and no closer to a solution.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

What did you do for troubleshooting/testing already?
visually inspect the coil/mech, test transistor associated with this coil, voltages, etc

Checked voltage. Inspected mech. It fires hard.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It seems like your plunger may be too short. Had a similar issue on tspp Otto kick out. Put something that is about 1/4” thick behind the plunger and see if that helps get it out. A beer bottle cap, a piece 1/4” thick acrylic or wood taped to the back of the plunger or where the rubber stop is would work too.

Im not above trying that but how does changing the travel on that side of the plunger make it travel more on the other side? It would still bottom out when it hits the stop?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

My guess is the switch that triggers the out kicker might need adjusted. You want it so that the kicker doesn’t trigger until the ball is fully in the hole. It’s definitely a mechanical issue not an electrical issue IMO.

The ball is fully in the hole. It won't even clear in test. Good guess though.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What does the coil action look like from under the playfield when you trigger the coil?

Moves just fine...no bind....

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Read post 14 of this thread, post 18 has pics of the fix.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-issue

Tried adding the bottle cap fix...didnt fix the issue the problem remains.

#18 6 years ago

It appears to me the ball hits the post/rubber just below the kickout and bounces back into the hole. This is a problem because there is no way to adjust the angle of the kicker.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So did you solve this?

No I have not. I had time to work on it today. Stern suggested I relocate the entire assemble so the plunger strikes the ball at a different angle. I did that. Now the ball no longer seems to strike the post and rubber directly below the saucer but it still will not eject. The issue remains. I have tried every power setting as well. Here is a link to the issue show in slow motion.

https://www.facebook.com/PinballRebel/videos/10156285623261133/

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's resting against a plastic tip in the saucer, and there's not enough metal in the switch to hold the ball back even if it were magnetized. It looks pretty clearly like it's hitting the plastic over the area and bouncing back into the saucer on that slow-mo video.

But why would it start doing that? Makes no sense? I even relocated the assembly and I have the same issue. It isnt like the plastic deck could move down.

Ken

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Before we get to Philosophy, start with the answer to, "WHAT IS YOUR STAR EJECT POWER SETTING?"

I have tried it on the lowest setting, and the factory, and every where in between. I thought maybe the lowest setting might make it just dribble out but nope

Pinball Philosophy....I actually like that idea.... I flip therefore I drain

Ken

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fourth time. What is your Star Eject power setting?
And secondarily, what was the Star Eject power when you took that video?

I have it set back to factory at the moment. The default. I forget what the number is.

I cant recall what it was on when I shot the video. I think half way between the lowest and factory though.

Ken

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did this get fixed?

Solution from the Stern Enthusiast facebook page.

Prize Winner Tony Singer. He suggester putting a rubber spacer under the center ramp the lift it off the backboard. I did this and added spacers under the starchild clear plastic as well. I also moved the location of the assembly, and lowered the power on the coil.

The only thing I can figure is the ball hitting that plastic over and over again from the stage drop slowly warps it downward (the starchild clear plastic so eventually the ball starts hitting it). I put spacers under the clear plastic on the sided of the saucer and put a rubber under the ramp. That plus lowering the coil setting will let the ball eject but just barely. I have a feeling as more games get put on it this is going to be an issue again. Someone may need to come up with a better solution that spans than plastic that keeps it from flexing.

Irritating to say the least. I cant believe more LE and premium owners have not saw this issue?

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrebel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulling-my-hair-out-video-to-issue?tu=pinballrebel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.