10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tompallc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have some locals who ask me to shop their machines (and repair...usually a fuse) all the time because they know I really love pinball and love doing it. I don't really like to take all my tools, parts etc.. to their house and spend hours troubleshooting or stripping the playfield down, cleaning and polishing it half-assed. And I usually have to go back 2 or 3 times because even though I am retired I have other things to do during the day, and plus I always seem to not have a part on hand that is back home. I would rather just take the whole PF back to my house put it on the rotisserie beside my huge workbench and take a couple days to do it right and complete while I listen to underground and retro 80's music. I built a box that I use to put PF's in to clear coat them and even out inserts so it would be easy to transport the PF that way in my truck (I have an F150 screw so it has plenty of space in the back).

So, what are the pros and cons to this?

I'm bored right this second and this just popped into my head.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tompallc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulling-a-pf-to-shop-it-back-at-your-own-workshop?tu=tompallc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.