(Topic ID: 71626)

Pulled the trigger on MMR LE

By Kkuoppamaki

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgreene.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

The Hobbit is basically getting a chance to "stretch out" and could just include more stuff that's in the book instead of it having to be cut out. I don't think he has to artificially fluff too much.

When the LOTR trilogy came out I couldn't get enough of the films. I loved that they released extended director's cut versions of the films. But with the Hobbit I'm finding the exact opposite - he has stretched too far. I recently tried to watch the Hobbit for the first time and shut it off out of extreme boredom before they left Bilbo's house. It feels like there was no restraint or discipline in making this film/telling the story. Its beautifully well done, but its just overflowing with too many ideas and minor details from the creative people.

Funny thing is that I've read the Hobbit multiple times and really enjoy the book, but I've never been able to make it past the first book in the LOTR trilogy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgreene.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulled-the-trigger-on-mmr-le?tu=jgreene and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.