(Topic ID: 72148)

Pukekohe IFPA Pinball Classic at RD's arcade

By rotordave

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-12-01 14.33.23.jpg
    2013-12-01 13.39.53.jpg
    2013-12-01 12.50.02.jpg
    panoramic (1).jpeg
    panoramic.jpeg
    image-960.jpg
    image.jpg
    winners 2013 (4).JPG
    winners 2013.JPG
    winners 2013 (5).JPG
    Classic 2013 (6)-992.JPG
    Classic 2013 (4).JPG
    Classic 2013 (9).JPG
    Classic 2013 (8).JPG
    #1 10 years ago

I hosted the first annual Pukekohe Classic tournament today at my house.

We had around 60 attendees ... with 44 in the comp.

We ran the IFPA format .. same as the IFPA World Champs ... 7,5,3,1.

I had 65 machines up and running (and Clive bought down 5 EMs for the comp) ... the 8 comp games were
    Surf Champ (EM)
    Top Score (EM)
    Dr Dude
    Funhouse
    JunkYard
    No Fear
    Tron LE
    Transformers LE

Results were close, but the 4 finalists were Simonzzzz (50pts) RotorDave (48pts) SellBoy (44pts) and we had a playoff for 4th (all at 42pts) between Michelle, Oliver and Phil. Oliver won the playoff and made the semis.

1st (Simonzzzz) played 4th (Oliver) and 2nd (RD) played 3rd (SellBoy) ... best of 3 games.

WOW these games were tight. Both went down to the last ball of the third games. Finally Simonzzz and me (RD) won through to the final.

The final was crazy .... Simonzzz had first choice, and he went with White Water. I had really good 1st and 2nd balls but Simonzzzz powered home with a mint 3rd ball for the win.

I had second choice ... Funhouse. Usually a game I dominate (thats why I chose it!!) but finals do strange things to your head. We both had shitters .. I won on the bonus of the last ball by 2000 points! WOW!

Simonnnnzzzz had last choice ... he went with TOM. I bought my TOM machine off him a few years ago, so we were both familiar with it ... I had a really good game and came out with the win 500m to 200m. SWEEEEET!

SellBoy and Oliver battled off for third and fourth on Family Guy, Black Rose and Tron LE and Oliver came out on top in the final game.

So the results:

Winner: RotorDave
    2nd: Simonzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    3rd: Oliver
    4th: SellBoy

Top Lady: Michelle (5th overall)

Top Junior: Danielle Peck (12th overall)

Well done to all the winners and thanks for coming! See you next year!

rd

#2 10 years ago

Some pics from the day ....

Event started at 11am with lunch and general malarky ... comp kicked off around 1.30ish.

Classic 2013 (8).JPGClassic 2013 (8).JPG

Classic 2013 (9).JPGClassic 2013 (9).JPG

#3 10 years ago

some more .....

Classic 2013 (6)-992.JPGClassic 2013 (6)-992.JPG

Classic 2013 (4).JPGClassic 2013 (4).JPG

#4 10 years ago

The winners:

RotorDave (1st) with Simonzzzzzzz (2nd)

winners 2013 (5).JPGwinners 2013 (5).JPG

Michelle (first lady)

winners 2013.JPGwinners 2013.JPG

Danielle (top Junior)

winners 2013 (4).JPGwinners 2013 (4).JPG

#5 10 years ago

Some more ....

image-960.jpgimage-960.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

rd.

#6 10 years ago

Oh yeah, thanks to Rooky and Mikey for taking care of cooking the meats! Awesome!

And top effort from Fiona doing everything else!

rd.

#7 10 years ago

Mate you are welcome. Anything I can do to help. Apologies for getting too pissed. Feel a little embarrased today and beating myself up about it pretty badly, but for what it's worth I enjoyed myself heaps. Too much red wine and not enough eating. Thanks guys. Was a great set up. Congrats to the winners. And proud of Michelle for winning top lady and coming 5th. Shes the most dangerous lady in NZ pinball thats for damn sure

#8 10 years ago

Great event Dave, thanks to you and Fiona for having us to stay.
    That Games room is mind blowing.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from rooky79:

Mate you are welcome. Anything I can do to help. Apologies for getting too pissed. Feel a little embarrased today and beating myself up about it pretty badly, but for what it's worth I enjoyed myself heaps. Too much red wine and not enough eating. Thanks guys. Was a great set up. Congrats to the winners. And proud of Michelle for winning top lady and coming 5th. Shes the most dangerous lady in NZ pinball thats for damn sure

Only if Danielle isn't around ....

Hahaha

rd

#10 10 years ago

Congratulations Dave! It's only fitting that you win your own inaugural event

Looks like it was an awesome time and a great set up. Looking forward to being there at Pincade next year!

#11 10 years ago

Thanks to Dave and Fiona for having such a great event and I think the competition format was good as you can play different games of all era's which gives variety and challenges players. A bonus is that depending on who is in your group there is an opportunity to talk to people you've never met before.
    A great turnout of people and great games to play.
    Thanks to the BBQ boys too.
    Clive and family

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

Congratulations Dave! It's only fitting that you win your own inaugural event

Comp sounds rigged to me

Just kidding, good show Dave! Wish I could have made it, see you in March!

Luke

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Comp sounds rigged to me

Yeah, you'd think so .... but I almost got whipped by Sell, and Simon had me on a string too!

Luckily I had good third games both times and bought home the bacon!

rd

#14 10 years ago

Old Mate Glen took a couple of cool panoramic photos. I hope they display ok ...

rd

panoramic (1).jpegpanoramic (1).jpeg

panoramic.jpegpanoramic.jpeg

#15 10 years ago

Grreat day Dave. Look forward to the next one....but please.....leave the EM's at Clives.

Cheers
    Paul

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

Grreat day Dave. Look forward to the next one....but please.....leave the EM's at Clives.
    Cheers
    Paul

Even Clive gets beaten on his own EMs lol

You may as well roll a dice sometimes ... EMs can be nasty!

rd

#17 10 years ago

Thank you so much for hosting this event and for sharing your wonderful collection...amazing day even if i had to put up a chair at the end to get to grips on LOTR...first real go at a new stern...told simon u bribed me to get his achilles heel (-:

#18 10 years ago

Thanks for coming Noel.

I don't think Simonzzzz has any achillies heal, he's real good across all eras of machines ...

I thought I had him on WhiteWater (his choice) ... He came back on the last ball.

I thought I'd clean up on Funhouse (my choice) ... I won by only 2000 points! Close!

Luckily I got a good run on TOM (his choice) ... I don't think I've played that machine for a year.

Good times for all!

rd.

#19 10 years ago

Looks like a great show. Can't wait to catch up with all you guys and gals next year.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from gameroomAUS:

Looks like a great show. Can't wait to catch up with all you guys and gals next year.

Sounds good Danny!

rd.

#21 10 years ago

Thanks again for your hospitality RD & family

It was a great day with great company in one of NZ best pinball rooms (67 pins) and more to come! Funny thing is it did not look like 67 pins were in that room

Congrats RD for winning the comp also

Thankyou to Mark (msn) for driving Brenda & I around Auckland

Thanks to everyone else that attended, Great to catch up again & will see most of you & a few Aussies in March at Pincade

#22 10 years ago

some pics

2013-12-01 12.50.02.jpg2013-12-01 12.50.02.jpg 2013-12-01 13.39.53.jpg2013-12-01 13.39.53.jpg 2013-12-01 14.33.23.jpg2013-12-01 14.33.23.jpg
    #23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Thanks again for your hospitality RD & family
    It was a great day with great company in one of NZ best pinball rooms (67 pins) and more to come! Funny thing is it did not look like 67 pins were in that room

Thanks for the pics Mikey.

Yeah, a few people said "there aren't as many pins in here as in your last place"

There were 55 pins in my Unit at Pincade and 67 at this new house.

Funny how the size of the room can play tricks on the mind.

When the rest of my machines go in there, it'll look a bit more filled up.

rd.

1 week later
    #24 10 years ago
    Quoted from gameroomAUS:

Last time we spoke about pincade you said you weren't going in 2014. Guess the bug has bitten pretty hard.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pukekohe-ifpa-classic-at-rds-arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.