(Topic ID: 181365)

Puck Bowler Problem

By Kickout

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Been working on this puck bowler. United Cherokee. Checked all fuses, cleaned all steppers, cleaned and adjusted all switches. Here's the problem. Plug the game in, turn on the switch, game shows game over. Hit the credit button pins reset, score drums reset, player 1, frame 1 activate. Shoot the puck pins retract, shoot second shot pins retract, then reset, but score does not activate. Frame count does not advance. Some time I have to shoot three times before pins will reset. After maybe six shots the pins will not reset, and if they do the rollovers do not work. I am stumped.

#2 7 years ago

Hi Kickout.
    Bowlers have an unusual config, compaired to pins.
    Chk the 1st, 2nd shot, strike, spare components.
    someone is not checkin in with the captain.
    Those step units ALL have to talk with each other.
    Even if you are not playin that game. on multi game bowlers i mean.
    If you have gone through everything, you are about 1/3 done...
    You WILL go through it again, and again, if necessary.
    make sure you clean all the contacts with a dremel tool with a brass brush.
    imho, files do more damage than good. unless they are very pitted, then, no option, except replacing.
    Then, use an exacto knife to chk for loose contacts. the blade will cut into the side of the contact, and you can roll it around, if it is loose.
    That is a big problem with these machines.
    score motor switches are sooooo important too.
    stick with it, and you will win.
    Beer!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/puck-bowler-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.