2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by delt31
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 2 years ago

So I've got a PSVR that I bought with the pure intention of playing the "YET TO BE RELEASED" (end rant) Star Trek Bridge game. I also picked up the Stern Pinball arcade game (which is a lot of fun) and decided to try it with the PSVR headset on. I adjusted the view position on the VR headset to show the image downward to recreate the same viewing angle you have playing pinball in real life, and to my amazement, it's AWESOME. Not sure if anyone else has tried this, but do it!

#2 2 years ago

hows the input lag between button press and flipper flip? that always killed virtual pinball on consoles for me.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

hows the input lag between button press and flipper flip? that always killed virtual pinball on consoles for me.

I notice no lag whatsoever on my PS4 Pro. I have noticed lag previously on virtual pinball for the PC, but that might have had more to do with my specs than the actual game. My only complaint is I wish they'd release more tables.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

My only complaint is I wish they'd release more tables.

Is Farsight still working on this? I thought they ran out of money and abandoned it. The PC version hasn't been updated since Dec 27, 2016.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Is Farsight still working on this? I thought they ran out of money and abandoned it. The PC version hasn't been updated since Dec 27, 2016.

Allegedly they're still working on it and have been actively posting via Facebook that an update would be coming soon. The problem is their definition of "soon." I picked up the game for $15.00 at Walmart, so I guess I really can't complain but I wish they'd at least release the GB that was supposed to be included.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

So I've got a PSVR that I bought with the pure intention of playing the "YET TO BE RELEASED" (end rant) Star Trek Bridge game. I also picked up the Stern Pinball arcade game (which is a lot of fun) and decided to try it with the PSVR headset on. I adjusted the view position on the VR headset to show the image downward to recreate the same viewing angle you have playing pinball in real life, and to my amazement, it's AWESOME. Not sure if anyone else has tried this, but do it!

Does it use the PSVR functionality to be 3d change your view as you move your head? Or is just look the same as it does on your 2D TV?

#7 2 years ago

Wait but it's not intended to be played like that right? I'm waiting for them to release this for oculus rift Wich had been showed off at CES yet mia.

#8 2 years ago

It's wasn't intended to be played like that, but does work. And as you move your head the table moves up and down as if you were moving your head up and down or side to side if that makes sense.

#9 2 years ago

PSVR is lots of fun.. I highly recommend Battlezone as a very fun game!

Rob

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does it use the PSVR functionality to be 3d change your view as you move your head? Or is just look the same as it does on your 2D TV?

I don't believe that Oculus's VR exclusivity on Stern Pinball Arcade has expired yet (hoping maybe a year after release?), so the effect of playing it with PSVR is of having a large TV screen in front of you. When you move, your view of the screen moves, but your perspective of the table doesn't change.

Pinball FX2 VR, however, plays in true VR, with everything in 3D, and you can move your head to look "behind" things on the table. Recommend giving it a shot if you haven't yet.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Williamson:

I don't believe that Oculus's VR exclusivity on Stern Pinball Arcade has expired yet (hoping maybe a year after release?), so the effect of playing it with PSVR is of having a large TV screen in front of you. When you move, your view of the screen moves, but your perspective of the table doesn't change.
Pinball FX2 VR, however, plays in true VR, with everything in 3D, and you can move your head to look "behind" things on the table. Recommend giving it a shot if you haven't yet.

Yeah, like having a large screen in front of you, but you can adjust the screen to be looking down at it to simulate the position you'd have looking down at a real pinball table. Not 3D like you've stated. Sorry if I was confusing about that.

#12 2 years ago

Here's hoping that the Oculus VR exclusivity agreement runs out soon and the code is easily ported to PSVR!

Also looking forward to the release of Ghostbusters DLC, which I assume is waiting for the code of the real machine to be more finalized.

#13 2 years ago

guys - all this talk about Oculus VR exclusivity - IT HASN"T EVEN BEEN RELEASED YET on OCULUS VR. Sorry but I've been waiting for it for a long time (reason I still hold onto the thing - although rock band vr is really cool and doing a good job in the meantime).

As for PSVR, can you actually move your head in and out and get "closer" into the table? For example, can you put your face into the table so you can be closer to the slings, flippers, etc?

#14 2 years ago

Ah, sorry, I see now that although it is exclusive to the Oculus store, it is currently only available for Samsung Gear VR and not yet on Oculus Rift. (Software for both is sold in the Oculus store.). So, the wait for PSVR may be even longer...

No, on PSVR you would just get closer to the "screen", so it's more like a zoom (rather than your view of the table actually shifting).

#15 2 years ago

yeah - it's crazy that they have been touting oculus for so long yet it only is out on the dumb samsung version which apparently blows.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 15.00
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 30.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside