Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikala.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 8 years ago

The truth is you really do not even need $1,500 to start out in the hobby. You can buy an EM for $300-500 or even get lucky every now and find a early SS for $500-800. You may have to put a little work into cleaning them up, but it will get you started. Then you can always sell them and work your way up to the big dogs gradually.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from charliebrown2417:

Another thing to point out-
Look at my collection.
I have 1 game in the top 100, and its pretty high up there. It's usually around the top 70-90. All of my other pins are unique. I bought them because I couldn't play them anywhere and they fit my interests. I constantly have people saying "Oh my gosh, you have a Bone Busters! That's awesome!" Or "Can I come over to play Hook?"
Neither of those games are spectacular, but people don't see them often, so my collection is unique, and they both cost less than half of most top 100 games.

I would have to disagree with you on Bone Busters. A friend of mine spent about 6 months restoring one. Being a EM guy, he knows that usually when I come over, I will go directly to his EMs and not even look at anything else he has new, but one day when I came over he insisted I try his restored BB. I honestly love the game and look forward to playing it when I go over to his house. Great game with a great ruleset that I don't think many people ever figured out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikala.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psstnew-guys-over-here?tu=mikala and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.