Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kporter946286.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

Couldn't agree with this more. This is exactly what happened to me. I got my first table (EM) for $350 and my second (Early SS) for $700. I have 2 working pins in my home after just a year and a half in the hobby and I love them both. So do all the people who come to my home, head to the basement and party while we play. I have learned a ton about repair already thanks to the awesome people on here and a couple local friends who are in the know.
In September, my mother in law was visiting and we were talking about me getting into the pinball hobby. "Do you thank that two are enough?" she asked. I said probably not. At that point, my wife said sternly "you can't buy another one for one year." I made her repeat herself. Then I told her to say it one more time in front of her mother. As she was sayng it for the third time, her voice trailed off as she realized what she had done. My mother in law was cracking up.
It is now 290 days until I can buy table #3. Not that I am counting. Right now, I am trying to do two things:
1. Learn more about buying and selling within the hobby so I am better equipped to get what I want at a good price next fall. And...
2. Figure out what I want for table #3. I am doing this by playing as much pinball as I can and researching anything that shows up on local Craigslist ads so I can make a good decision. I am finding already that this is the harder of the two. There are just so many great tables out there and I am struggling with narrowing it down. Then again, I'll probably end up grabbing a good deal at the time and being very happy with it.
I dreamed about owning a pinball machine my entire life. Now I own two. It's pretty awesome, and it didn't really cost me too much.

Just tell her your actual saving money by buying the 3rd machine now, because what is 1500-2500 now will be 2500-3500 1year from now at the rate pins have been inflating over the past 5 years! LOL

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that's the rumor anyway. Go up to the top of the page under the pinside name, clock "Market," and follow the instructions.

Yeah....I think that may not be a real person. He need you to send him your account info in order to send you the $3000 CV in return.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kporter946286.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psstnew-guys-over-here?tu=kporter946286 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.