Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago

This should almost be a requirement for all new pinball owners to own a cheap game for their first game. It teaches you that pins don't have to be 5k to be fun and learning a little repair is always a plus. My first two pins were $150 and $750. I'm hoping for the next pin to splurge for around a 2k pin but I am looking at some Heighway pins.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm like that too, and I sold TZ and WH2O for that reason. I'll admit that I sometimes look at the Pinside map for a game to see where the nearest other example is. If it's unique for my area (like "Hot Shots"), I'll grab it.

Is Hot Shots any good? There's been one for sale for awhile on CL and I have a weakness for cheesy Gottliebs. I played a Big House at Expo and thought it was pretty cool.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from pindunnit:

I am brand new to the "owners" club, but have wanted a pinball machine since I was a little girl. I began researching machines about 8 months before we purchased and quickly became overwhelmed with the opinions, best games, good deals, etc. I knew that I might only get 1 machine and needed something that my husband and 11 year old son would enjoy. I didn't get a "cheap" deal but the machine I bought was from a well known local company and it had been shopped and clear coated.
My WhoDunnit game is perfect for our family and we have had very minimal issues allowing us to tiptoe into the fixing parts. The problem is that now I spend a lot of time searching for a great deal and dreaming of my next pin. Unfortunately, the husband and kid now have machines that they want.
Pinside has been a great resource and very helpful in getting me addicted.

There seems to be quite a few deals on CL in the Chicago area if you're not too picky on age or theme. I love trying something different that no one is talking about. There are a few newer games I would love to have someday but I'm in no hurry. When you're in a hurry is when you overpay.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Probably the same weekend I flip the trusses on my new game room. 34' trusses are a pain to flip.

Surely a crane will be used.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psstnew-guys-over-here?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.