(Topic ID: 153297)

PSPA... Still in business??

By TheOnlyest

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theonlyest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

So, Monday I ordered a bunch of stuff from PSPA, my first order with them. I paid them a few hundred dollars via Paypal, and quickly received an order confirmation email.
    That email said that I would receive another email when my order shipped, with tracking info. It's Friday now, and I havn't received any such email, nor are they responding to my wtf emails for the last 2 days. And yes, I have factored in the huge time change between here and there... That being said, its already Saturday there, so I don't expect to hear anything over the next couple days either.

Does anyone know anything I don't? I'm not at all impressed with my first experience with PSPA, and I figured i'd ask before I file my Paypal dispute...

#4 8 years ago

So what you're saying is... It's normal for them to dick around for a week and a half to process orders, meanwhile ignoring emails?

#5 8 years ago

Hmmm... I wonder if its just a coincidence that 53 minutes after I posted this topic, I get an email from PSPA...

"Your order has been updated to: Complete"

What does that even mean?? It took them 5 days just to pull and pack up my items!? There is no tracking info in the email!

#9 8 years ago

I expected to get some flame on this from people who themselves run a half-assed "business" or spare-time one-man-show. Waiting 3 days and getting NO response to email does not equal me expecting someone sitting there waiting for me to email them! And i'm not uptight, if it takes them that long to process an order, thats sad, but it is what it is... Answer my emails and tell me it takes that long!! I have owned a very successful small business for 22 years now, AND I work a full-time job!! If I was this lax in the way I did business and blew off and ignored my customers like that, I wouldnt get away with it and i'd be telling you that my business failed 21 years ago!! I sure as hell never dropped the ball with brand new, first time customers who spent a ton of money with me!! Maybe i'm just spoiled by companies like Marco, PP, Comet, and Titan who always pull and ship my order the same day, or at worst, the next day... and they hammer me with status emails... I have NEVER had to contact any of them asking "wheres my shit!?".

#20 8 years ago

Look guys, this post wasn't made with any malicious intent, it was a simple question and my reason for asking it.
    While I appreciate, respect and welcome your explanation, I am not psychic like many of the amazing people here on Pinside, and I don't deserve to be lambasted because I am not!

Yes, I placed the order on Monday evening in the USA, which I realize is Tuesday in AU, I actually Googled "what time is it in Melbourne, AU" after I submitted the order.
    As far as the email I sent, I tapped REPLY on the email titled "Re: Pinball Spare Parts Australia: New Order # 100021684", from my iPhone at 8:39am on Feb 25th (USA PST time). That email went to [email protected] and did not return any send error.

Now, the reason for my question? I have had an experience TWICE before, where I ordered something and paid via Paypal to an eCommerce site that was still online, for businesses that had been OUT of business! I had to fight with Paypal and wait forever to get my money back because Paypal was unable to contact the non-existent business!

An automated eCommerce email order confirmation is NOT proof that a company is still operating, follow up emails, and replies to MY emails are... I got NEITHER of those prior to yesterday when I made this simple inquiry. In the course of defending my very innocent inquiry to this hostile and always HIGHLY judgmental and UBER-defensive crowd, perhaps I made unnecessary comments, but I never made ANY remark that I believed PSPA was trying to defraud me in any way!

PSPA, I apologize that you believed my simple innocent question was "calling you out" or whatever, but I believe my curiosities and concerns were valid based on my admitted total lack of psychic powers. And if everyone here now wants to believe that i'm a huge asshole over this, then so be it!! And I wont bother you folks at PSPA with my pinball parts needs again. Cheers!!

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Since my business is mentioned here

Art, I certainly hope that you interpreted my comment about you as a supreme compliment!?? Because that's exactly what it was!

A lot of you guys sure have thrown out a bunch of words like "now" "immediately" "instantly"... i'm still reading over my posts to find where I used any of those words or even implied any such thing!

I placed an order Monday evening... Knowing it was Tuesday, but not realizing that it was literally ONE minute after closing time in AU.
    Thursday (thats 3 days later!), I have not received any correspondence, so I send an email asking for the status of my order.
    30 hours and an an entire AU business day later, I still have not received a peep from them, so I make this post, simply as "recon" to avoid a possible issue that I mentioned had happened to me before! Did I mention that this was my first time doing business with them? I don't know them! I don't know anything about them! I cannot run over there and knock on the door!

I don't find this timeline AT ALL to be impatient or unreasonable on my part, i'm sorry... I'm pushing 49, and I guess i'm just still having a hard time adjusting to today's "normalcy" being piss-poor customer service!! (That was NOT a slight against PSPA... more of a response to Art's comment about lowering my expectations). The way I see it, good customer service is EASIER to give today than ever before!! Back in the 80's when I started out working full time, customer service was face-to-face, by phone and even snail-mail! that took time, and required a like response! Lets see how long it takes me to type this... Hello, we received your order and are working to get it packed up.... 8 seconds!
    Yeah, you're right... that was a bitch... no clue how I can possibly fit that into my busy schedule.

So the next time any of you come to a resort here to Las Vegas and get ignored by the staff, and treated rudely, like we don't give a shit about you... You better damn well NOT fill out a negative comment card, or go home and start whining on Trip Advisor, because apparently that is normal, completely acceptable and exactly what you expected!!

Over-n-out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theonlyest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pspa-still-in-business?tu=theonlyest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.