3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by presqueisle1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So, Monday I ordered a bunch of stuff from PSPA, my first order with them. I paid them a few hundred dollars via Paypal, and quickly received an order confirmation email.
    That email said that I would receive another email when my order shipped, with tracking info. It's Friday now, and I havn't received any such email, nor are they responding to my wtf emails for the last 2 days. And yes, I have factored in the huge time change between here and there... That being said, its already Saturday there, so I don't expect to hear anything over the next couple days either.

Does anyone know anything I don't? I'm not at all impressed with my first experience with PSPA, and I figured i'd ask before I file my Paypal dispute...

#2 3 years ago

They're legit, I'd give them a few more days

#3 3 years ago

Yeah they generally ship pretty quickly, can't say to much else but they are 100% legit.

#4 3 years ago

So what you're saying is... It's normal for them to dick around for a week and a half to process orders, meanwhile ignoring emails?

#5 3 years ago

Hmmm... I wonder if its just a coincidence that 53 minutes after I posted this topic, I get an email from PSPA...

"Your order has been updated to: Complete"

What does that even mean?? It took them 5 days just to pull and pack up my items!? There is no tracking info in the email!

#6 3 years ago

Don't worry, just ordered from them and it took 2 weeks to ship and once it shipped I got it in like 4 days. He has stuff no one else has, so it's worth the wait.

#7 3 years ago

So, they took 4 days to ship your order

That is usually the time it takes when I order from USA suppliers

Don't get uptight

#8 3 years ago

My God - some people really expect too much. Just because you can send an email in seconds doesn't mean somebody is sitting at the computer screen just itching to respond to you.

How about some COMMON SENSE!!!

Oh, that's right - it doesn't exist any more!!

To ask if they are still in business because they took a while to respond to you is a pretty big insult.

Go and read THIS thread then come back and tell me you have a problem:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prayers-go-out-to-azmodeus

Flame away, I'm used to it.

#9 3 years ago

I expected to get some flame on this from people who themselves run a half-assed "business" or spare-time one-man-show. Waiting 3 days and getting NO response to email does not equal me expecting someone sitting there waiting for me to email them! And i'm not uptight, if it takes them that long to process an order, thats sad, but it is what it is... Answer my emails and tell me it takes that long!! I have owned a very successful small business for 22 years now, AND I work a full-time job!! If I was this lax in the way I did business and blew off and ignored my customers like that, I wouldnt get away with it and i'd be telling you that my business failed 21 years ago!! I sure as hell never dropped the ball with brand new, first time customers who spent a ton of money with me!! Maybe i'm just spoiled by companies like Marco, PP, Comet, and Titan who always pull and ship my order the same day, or at worst, the next day... and they hammer me with status emails... I have NEVER had to contact any of them asking "wheres my shit!?".

#10 3 years ago

What an outrage! Someone get Jeff Bezos on the horn

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I expected to get some flame on this.

im the webmaster, happy to look into it if you pm me your order number instead of letting it play out here..

in fact i worked out out anyway. only one SRT order going to NV.

you actually ordered at 23 Feb 2016 4:01:57 PM. Monday must have been an error? or you got confused by timezones. as that is tuesday night. ie.. after business hours ( 1530 cutoff for freight)... so wednesday morning effectively

ergo . you ordered wednesday morning ...

The order was processed and shipped express post in a timely manner ( ie on wednesday i believe, possibly thursday? Its certainly gone)

the tracking number on the system is missing a digit. on monday ( business hours) it will be revised. this typo will be entirely marks fault for entering it wrong.. the multiple digit will be the issue mostly likely.. human errors happen.. I understand you're excited to get your parts but I suggest this one is not worthy of an inquisition.

are we still in business? oh yes, also very active in the community and willing to help with these enquiries after hours. In return we ask you be a little patient and dont demand we drive back to the warehouse at 6.30pm sat night to get a typo fixed.

now i looked into your alleged "wtf emails" (cute term) .. and i have to call you on that .. i have actual server logs and the only emails to/from you were 23feb when you ordered and 27feb when it was marked complete.. either you messed up the address or you sent via another one.. information to help me investigate further ( a message header) would be great... I suggest you forgot the .au in the address?

honestly it would have been nice if you had emailed and asked the question instead of demanding the pinside court of pinball hear the case of an order thats only 3 working days old mate... we'll be here for you next time too.. please communicate any concerns to US before you tell the world.. fairs fair.

doug

#12 3 years ago

thanks Doug ,
    sorry guys I post very little on forums nowadays , my after hours is family time and looking after my wife.
    as you said It was my fault re the tracking number , I will personally email you monday morning ( aussie time) the correct number

I went into work early today and had over 100 orders to type in tracking numbers and hit the complete on. they don't change to complete till i do this , even though they are posted already.
    thanks

mark

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Hmmm... I wonder if its just a coincidence that 53 minutes after I posted this topic, I get an email from PSPA...
    What does that even mean?? It took them 5 days just to pull and pack up my items!? There is no tracking info in the email!

guess what .. it was... neat huh.

i will show mark how to make sure he sets the 'notify customer' flag on tracking number entry transactions... I assumed people would simply log in to the system and view it.. seems i was wrong

#14 3 years ago

They are to busy talking on forums...
    and there mates
    service in AU is very poor

#15 3 years ago

Anyone who knows the op should call. Even though it's 1240 a.m. this clearly is a priority. I'm here monitoring this situation... Where is he? Sheesh!

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from burtcam:

They are to busy talking on forums...
    and there mates
    service in AU is very poor

expected better from you dave but ill play your game.. what aspect of the service do you feel was poor?

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

expected better from you dave but ill play your game.. what aspect of the service do you feel was poor?

Perhaps the grammar - LOL

#18 3 years ago

I have had nothing but great service from PSPA. They have some nice NOS parts too.

If you order anything from me do NOT expect an email within 3 days.

Bob

#19 3 years ago

and then the appearance of bob reminded me to order medusa targets and life was good..

something good did come of this thread ..

thankyou sir

#20 3 years ago

Look guys, this post wasn't made with any malicious intent, it was a simple question and my reason for asking it.
    While I appreciate, respect and welcome your explanation, I am not psychic like many of the amazing people here on Pinside, and I don't deserve to be lambasted because I am not!

Yes, I placed the order on Monday evening in the USA, which I realize is Tuesday in AU, I actually Googled "what time is it in Melbourne, AU" after I submitted the order.
    As far as the email I sent, I tapped REPLY on the email titled "Re: Pinball Spare Parts Australia: New Order # 100021684", from my iPhone at 8:39am on Feb 25th (USA PST time). That email went to sales@pinballspareparts.com.au and did not return any send error.

Now, the reason for my question? I have had an experience TWICE before, where I ordered something and paid via Paypal to an eCommerce site that was still online, for businesses that had been OUT of business! I had to fight with Paypal and wait forever to get my money back because Paypal was unable to contact the non-existent business!

An automated eCommerce email order confirmation is NOT proof that a company is still operating, follow up emails, and replies to MY emails are... I got NEITHER of those prior to yesterday when I made this simple inquiry. In the course of defending my very innocent inquiry to this hostile and always HIGHLY judgmental and UBER-defensive crowd, perhaps I made unnecessary comments, but I never made ANY remark that I believed PSPA was trying to defraud me in any way!

PSPA, I apologize that you believed my simple innocent question was "calling you out" or whatever, but I believe my curiosities and concerns were valid based on my admitted total lack of psychic powers. And if everyone here now wants to believe that i'm a huge asshole over this, then so be it!! And I wont bother you folks at PSPA with my pinball parts needs again. Cheers!!

#21 3 years ago

I believe most are just questioning your quick and negative reaction in your first post.

The "calling them out" feel to the first post probably brought on the backlash.

Nice to see the boys from AUS chime in and it sounds like the issue is now resolved.

#22 3 years ago

Since my business is mentioned here, it's only fair to say that
    I receive emails and phone calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    Yes, every week, there are calls at 2 to 5 am, usually people hoping we
    have 24 hour call centers.
    I personally answer 90 percent, at all hours which adds up to a full
    time job.
    I don't mind...I love helping fellow pinheads, but soon will need to make
    some changes, because the emails are getting over run, with
    Where's my order...its been 2 to 5 days....
    It's hard sometimes to share that we don't pack and ship 7 days...
    Time off for me is so important now, and that expectations of orders as
    Always, fast, rush, I'm in a hurry are the hardest job.
    Everyone wants to be at the front of the line...

My purpose is not to insult the OP, but simply to share
    that patience is absolutely needed more in the world everywhere.
    We are a society of a few mouse clicks, and we hold out our hand
    expecting it immediately.
    It can be people complaining about a 15 minute wait for food,
    Or my son, complaining the microwave takes to long.
    I won't even start in with Amazon on this thread as both a seller and
    Buyer..

Please, anyone reading this, and thank you Doug, for answering,
    vendors care, but sometimes, yes, answers via email, shipments,
    out of stock can take time...it just does...
    It doesn't mean that vendors don't care, or not doing their job.
    It's simply hard to live up to everyone's expectations, needs,
    and time utilities.

Art

#23 3 years ago

Sure beats ordering items on TV that take 4-6 weeks for delivery... or my packages from China that take almost a month to arrive haha...

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

You are 100% correct it is not like me
    My comments were inappropriate

#25 3 years ago

I agree with the op. It's not too much to ask when running a business to be prompt and keep us buyers informed about orders. Nobody that owns a business of any sort should be slow period. now what business is pspa? Lol

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Since my business is mentioned here

Art, I certainly hope that you interpreted my comment about you as a supreme compliment!?? Because that's exactly what it was!

A lot of you guys sure have thrown out a bunch of words like "now" "immediately" "instantly"... i'm still reading over my posts to find where I used any of those words or even implied any such thing!

I placed an order Monday evening... Knowing it was Tuesday, but not realizing that it was literally ONE minute after closing time in AU.
    Thursday (thats 3 days later!), I have not received any correspondence, so I send an email asking for the status of my order.
    30 hours and an an entire AU business day later, I still have not received a peep from them, so I make this post, simply as "recon" to avoid a possible issue that I mentioned had happened to me before! Did I mention that this was my first time doing business with them? I don't know them! I don't know anything about them! I cannot run over there and knock on the door!

I don't find this timeline AT ALL to be impatient or unreasonable on my part, i'm sorry... I'm pushing 49, and I guess i'm just still having a hard time adjusting to today's "normalcy" being piss-poor customer service!! (That was NOT a slight against PSPA... more of a response to Art's comment about lowering my expectations). The way I see it, good customer service is EASIER to give today than ever before!! Back in the 80's when I started out working full time, customer service was face-to-face, by phone and even snail-mail! that took time, and required a like response! Lets see how long it takes me to type this... Hello, we received your order and are working to get it packed up.... 8 seconds!
    Yeah, you're right... that was a bitch... no clue how I can possibly fit that into my busy schedule.

So the next time any of you come to a resort here to Las Vegas and get ignored by the staff, and treated rudely, like we don't give a shit about you... You better damn well NOT fill out a negative comment card, or go home and start whining on Trip Advisor, because apparently that is normal, completely acceptable and exactly what you expected!!

Over-n-out.

#27 3 years ago

No worries here....none at all...I didnt think you said anything negative.

We are all in this together....All Pinsiders, Pinball Lovers...
    Its a game that does Magic for all of us at any age.

Sometimes, it just gets too serious, and definitely not directed at you or anyone,
    and I am no different. I can be as bad as anyone else.

Its about me venting too....we all want answers, products, perfection, etc.

Its more about me using your thread to share a plea, an opinion, of patience.

It took me 6 months to get an advanced CT scan!

The world is moving faster, and us old farts are moving slower...

Weekend Pinball Joy to all.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Art, I certainly hope that you interpreted my comment about you as a supreme compliment!?? Because that's exactly what it was!
    A lot of you guys sure have thrown out a bunch of words like "now" "immediately" "instantly"... i'm still reading over my posts to find where I used any of those words or even implied any such thing!
    I placed an order Monday evening... Knowing it was Tuesday, but not realizing that it was literally ONE minute after closing time in AU.
    Thursday (thats 3 days later!), I have not received any correspondence, so I send an email asking for the status of my order.
    30 hours and an an entire AU business day later, I still have not received a peep from them, so I make this post, simply as "recon" to avoid a possible issue that I mentioned had happened to me before! Did I mention that this was my first time doing business with them? I don't know them! I don't know anything about them! I cannot run over there and knock on the door!
    I don't find this timeline AT ALL to be impatient or unreasonable on my part, i'm sorry... I'm pushing 49, and I guess i'm just still having a hard time adjusting to today's "normalcy" being piss-poor customer service!! (That was NOT a slight against PSPA... more of a response to Art's comment about lowering my expectations). The way I see it, good customer service is EASIER to give today than ever before!! Back in the 80's when I started out working full time, customer service was face-to-face, by phone and even snail-mail! that took time, and required a like response! Lets see how long it takes me to type this... Hello, we received your order and are working to get it packed up.... 8 seconds!
    Yeah, you're right... that was a bitch... no clue how I can possibly fit that into my busy schedule.
    So the next time any of you come to a resort here to Las Vegas and get ignored by the staff, and treated rudely, like we don't give a shit about you... You better damn well NOT fill out a negative comment card, or go home and start whining on Trip Advisor, because apparently that is normal, completely acceptable and exactly what you expected!!
    Over-n-out.

So much anger. It got me all agressive just reading it all. If you would be my friend I would "un-friend" you. Just cancel your order and ask for a refund. Problem solved. PSPA lost a customer and you can buy from a more suitable supplier.

#29 3 years ago

Having used both pinball parts Austrialia and Comet , many times ... The service has been outstanding by both , these wonderful people go out of there way to provide much needed parts !
    I think they are also entitled to have a personal life ... Pinball is pinball but we all need the work life balance !
    By the by, Art glad to read the update get well soon !

#30 3 years ago

The OP certainly over-egged things with his early posts - tone is hard to pull off on the internet but he came across as a tad aggressive and certainly lacking any normal level of patience. A simple query of whether PSPA were still in business and how prompt they normally were would have sufficed. Instead he went for the more aggro route: threatening Paypal disputes and such. Excellent posts from Doug, Art and PSPA have hopefully educated him some.

2 weeks later
    #31 3 years ago

I made a small order of Medusa parts from PSPA yesterday at 12pm. I asked whether they could send them ASAP as I wanted them by the weekend. They arrived on my desk 24 hours later, along with a bunch of spare rubbers thrown in. Fantastic service.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Having used both pinball parts Austrialia and Comet , many times ... The service has been outstanding by both , these wonderful people go out of there way to provide much needed parts !
    I think they are also entitled to have a personal life ... Pinball is pinball but we all need the work life balance !
    By the by, Art glad to read the update get well soon !

I work insane numbers of hours. A 50 hour work week is kind of like a VACATION!

I too have owned my own businesses. When you run your own business you could choose to have a work/life balance I suppose - but it's been my experience that part of choosing to be your own boss means that you work HARDER than you would working for someone else. It's just how it is and if you don't want to work your A$$ off - then sell your business and retire or go to work for someone else. Oh, and by the way - the "work/life balance" is a myth seldom achieved by mere mortals.

We all know that Art (and all of the other pinball vendors) makes the big bucks running Comet and the others -- but he is REALLY rolling in the dough because picking 300 piece orders of 1 each of the hundreds of sku's he sells is so highly profitable. I'm surprised Art hasn't actually started sending out free pinball machines with every order given the huge profit margins he enjoys. He SHOULD just hire people to answer his phones 24/7 365 because the pinball machine LED market is so large and lucrative.

Anyway - I probably wouldn't have posted a public message about this so quickly since I have super secret inside knowledge that Robin is making such HUGE profits with Pinside and has started a new program where he FedEx's each new member his or her own engraved pitchfork -- but I also know how frustrating it can be waiting patiently for a response from a (seemingly) ungrateful and unresponsive vendor.

In any case - this is not a criticism on either side -- we just need to figure out the balance.

1 month later
    #33 3 years ago

Just to chime in on this - I order stuff from PSPA quite a bit and I never have any problems . Admittedly I'm located in Australia so don't have to worry about international delivery delays. I just had a board repaired (very cheap and great quality repair thanks guys) and sent an email out at 7pm or so asking for details I received a response back from Mark that evening saying he'd chase it up straight away and I was able to pick it up the next day. At least for us Aussies PSPA has a great choice of parts, prices and postage is good value and they're genuinely very helpful. A great bunch of guys to deal with.

#34 3 years ago

Personally i would be ashamed if i caused such commotion over nothing and have people write long explanations where instead they could do some nice or usefull tasks. But hey, i don't have a small business and have lot's of time to waste.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheOnlyest:

That probably means they value you as their customer and reach out to you.

#36 3 years ago

I'm going to say it like it is because the op is a total wanker. Mr I owned a succeful small business for 22 years and still had to get a job after it finished. Sorry mate that ain't success, if after 22 years slogging at your own business you are not set up for life, you have no right to lecture other people on business practices. Also no one is impressed by the fact that your orginal order was worth hundreds of dollars, anymore the if you had ordered a $2 rubber. Seriously get a life.

#37 3 years ago

I think your being a little harsh on the op.
    wanker
    While "to wank" means "to masturbate", the term "wanker" is seldom if ever used in British slang to denote "one who wanks". It is quite wrong to infer from somebody's being a wanker that they in fact wank (and vice versa), but of course, fair to assume they do in any case. Herein lies the genius of the insult: if you call someone a wanker, it's probably true, but only literally.

I suppose it all originates from our repressed Victorian sexualities, from back when everybody thought they were the only ones to suffer the secret shame of being an actual wanker.

Most children these days learn the word "wanker" long before they learn its literal meaning.
    You're such a wanker.
    Oh gosh! How did you know?

He lost both of his hands in a childhood kiting accident.
    What a wanker!

#38 3 years ago

oh wow this thread has gotten good, never saw that coming.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 64.00
    $ 64.95
    $ 18.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.99
    $ 12.75
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside