(Topic ID: 73679)

PSA: Woz 1.24 update - log those coil settings before updating!

By metallik

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by StevenP
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Subject says it, almost forgot myself. Got pics of the relevant screens and audits, time to update!

#2 10 years ago

Yes, I do that and take a picture of my custom message so that I don't have to figure out the spacing again to get everything centered.

The option to auto center a line in the custom message would be nice!

#3 10 years ago

Play report???? How's it going? How are the changes???

#4 10 years ago

Played once on factory settings, 160K, noticed new sounds and effects already. Definitely more polished, cool swirls during tornado loops, replay playfield animation is nuts... emerald city indeed. Need to play more...

#5 10 years ago

First game, got TNPLH mode, game froze, then rebooted. I've had no luck with this game yet.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Yes, I do that and take a picture of my custom message so that I don't have to figure out the spacing again to get everything centered.
The option to auto center a line in the custom message would be nice!

Um, it already does center each line for you!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Um, it already does center each line for you!

I guess I never checked, I entered the text centered in the editor. I'll be sure to give it a try tomorrow when I update the game.

#8 10 years ago

They should allow you to dump those settings to a usb stick so they can be restored after an upgrade.

#9 10 years ago

Does the new software fix the VUK adjustments as it was a known bug that it fires too hard on some crystal ball modes before the mode starts and at other times.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

First game, got TNPLH mode, game froze, then rebooted. I've had no luck with this game yet.

Check out my post: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-had-thier-woz-restart-in-the-middle-of-a-game

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Does the new software fix the VUK adjustments as it was a known bug that it fires too hard on some crystal ball modes before the mode starts and at other times.

Yeah, if two or more balls get stuck in the crystal ball VUK it fires so hard that usually a ball winds up in the outlane, or flying over the flippers!

#12 10 years ago

DOH!

#13 10 years ago

first, thanks for the reminder metallik.
Second, played a 3 player game all the way thru and it was working great. extra ball lighting is cool, cool, cool. Little sounds are different here and there.
Little more fun having an 8 position high score board.

pretty good update in my mind but need to test more.

#14 10 years ago

Just Curious, The witch has 2 magnets underneath. Prior to this update, on my game it appears only one is being used.
Does the new code and witch mode, have both magnets firing?

#15 10 years ago

I actually am going with the new default settings (had tweaked a few coils earlier) and it feels fine. I did adjust the dorothy house/witch leg timing to +3, and dialed down the legs coil.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I actually am going with the new default settings (had tweaked a few coils earlier) and it feels fine. I did adjust the dorothy house/witch leg timing to +3, and dialed down the legs coil.

When do those legs come down during game play? I haven't accomplished that goal yet I guess.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

When do those legs come down during game play? I haven't accomplished that goal yet I guess.

pretty sure it's when you complete the twister (enough loops) to start a munchkin mode, while the ball is held on the side flipper magnet. They may not come down if the setting is off; they should come down all the way. Adjustment is in the settings menu; you need to tweak house offset, spin (with game start button), then select legs coil and activate with house button to se if they drop correctly. I set mine to plus 2 or 3, and turned the coil strength down several numbers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psa-woz-124-update-log-those-coil-settings-before-updating and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.