3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pinbub
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ceterumnet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I see an unfortunate amount of botched photos from folks in ads and in emails back and forth. Anecdotally, I've seen probably a 50% miss rate on photos. However, I believe most of these can be solved by a few simple steps:

1. Wipe your camera lens before each photo shoot - this one is probably the most prevalent.
    2. Wear good reading glasses so that you can see when photos are blurred.
    3. If you use flash, you probably want to remove the machine's glass.
    4. Lastly, zoom in and check to see if the details show up. I'm shocked how many photos are simply blurry.

If anyone needs help, I would be happy to provide some help with this just for the sake of having better pics on this site

Thanks,
    Dave

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I'm in this camp. I like to think I take enough pictures (feel free to look at my past ads and tell me) but I'd prefer someone just come see the game and we can walk through the whole thing together so you know exactly what you are getting. Pictures help but at the end of the day I'm not buying anything I can't go examine first.

Totally get it. I did look at your pics...and they definitely don't suffer from the usual stuff.

I'm not asking for 30 photos...just at least make sure the photo is in focus and your lens isn't dirty.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

All great tips Dave! Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of people care (ironic because you'd think they would want top $ and the most buyers, which pictures can help with). My guess is they don't want to waste their time listing a game, they'd rather show it in person - but they have to list it to get interested buyers. Necessary evil to them?

My rant is more towards the folks that are not intentionally trying to post a blurry photo. But you definitely pointed out something that shows my tendency to look all over the place as opposed to strictly local.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ceterumnet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psa-rant-take-good-pictures-?tu=ceterumnet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.