1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2AA60834-17FA-4A43-9947-BEC5864ABBBA (resized).jpeg
Super Famicom (resized).jpg
20180630_110453 (resized).jpg
22.png
Circus Charlie (J).png
Screenshot_20180629-173044 (resized).png
Pin-Bot (U)2.png
Pin-Bot (U).png
nes (resized).png
15302738956903759564434633588657 (resized).jpg

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

What has been the preferred way to add games to the NES classic? I picked one up today at Target, saw a few different ways to mod it.

Follow this youtube tutorial...easy peasy.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Noob question...but how is that done?

Found out how in the above video 7:25 into the tutorial.

It's defaulted to "down + select" = exit game

#103 1 year ago

Gotta love how there is enough space for the entire NES library and the Sega Master System library together

#104 1 year ago

Huzzah!
Thanks to bigD and Dr Willy for yer kind offers. Just picked one up at my Target. The consoles aren't hard to find now (I'm at Best Buy; they have about 8 ) but dammit....the accessories...cant find extension cord or extra controller to save my life. But I did just snag an open box 50" 4k Samsung for $330 woot!
Amazon for cords maybe, and just wait on wireless controllers?

#105 1 year ago

Any SNES sightings? Havent seen any on the shelf.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Both Target and BB had a couple...like $80 I believe. Want me to snag one for ya?

#107 1 year ago

I went to Best Buy Friday to pick up my NES and was looking to see if they had any extra controllers. They had just one SNES on the shelf but I already have one. They're still floating around.

#108 1 year ago

anyone have a safe site to download all the roms?

#109 1 year ago

I picked up a NES mini at target Sunday morning...they had 3 extra controllers and I wanted to buy 2 (an extra one for bigd1979 since he’s in my area) but they would only let me buy 1 per customer

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I picked up a NES mini at target Sunday morning...they had 3 extra controllers and I wanted to buy 2 (an extra one for bigd1979 since he’s in my area) but they would only let me buy 1 per customer

#111 1 year ago

Keep an eye on brckseek for the controllers. I was able to snag one from target yesterday. They had a few in stock and I went later after work.

#112 1 year ago

Yep. Love Amazon.

Super Famicom (resized).jpg

Got that, 2 extension cables and a carrying case all for about $110. Extension cables for the SNES are interchangeable with the NES controllers.

Extra NES controllers on eBay for $9.

ebay.com link » New Game Controller Gamepad For Nintendo Nes Mini Classic Edition Console

#113 1 year ago

Im really hoping they come out with the N64 mini next.

#114 1 year ago

I think it will be a gameboy classic next. N64 will be more challenging to develop, the controller is more complex, will it be 4 player? do they add rumble to the controller and save states into the emulator?

#115 1 year ago

I finally got 1 (2 with aid of gf).
It was an unannounced midnight release last week at wallyworld.

#116 1 year ago

I got the my arcade advanced wireless controller from amazon for $16 and I think it’s working great. Suitable for snes or nes (and Wii U). It has the home button on the controller too... so no reaching for the reset button.

I also bought the 10ft extension cords... but honestly the wireless controller has done all i needed.

One PSA.... the snes classic doesn’t ship with a power adaptor! You gotta use a usb power supply of your own...

I got nes local through Best Buy.... and bought snes through amazon

#117 1 year ago

With the original Quake.....and Im in.

The soundtrack alone was eerily awesome

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I think it will be a gameboy classic next. N64 will be more challenging to develop, the controller is more complex, will it be 4 player? do they add rumble to the controller and save states into the emulator?

Shouldn't be too difficult. Nix the rumble pack and the save slots can be done with the hakchi program if Nintendo doesn't think of it.

Quoted from Stones:

With the original Quake.....and Im in.
The soundtrack alone was eerily awesome

Even if Quake wasn't on it you could probably hack the N64 and dump it on there with a bunch of other games. (Hopefully storage space won't be an issue)

Either way... if they announce a N64 mini, they will get my money.

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yep. Love Amazon.

Got that, 2 extension cables and a carrying case all for about $110. Extension cables for the SNES are interchangeable with the NES controllers.
ebay.com link » New Game Controller Gamepad For Nintendo Nes Mini Classic Edition Console

Thats a generic brand controller and apparently the d pad is weird....

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats a generic brand controller and apparently the d pad is weird....

We'll see soon. Hopefully it'll foot the bill. I ain't paying $40 for a gamepad. Buncha bullshit to charge people that much.

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

We'll see soon. Hopefully it'll foot the bill. I ain't paying $40 for a gamepad. Buncha bullshit to charge people that much.

? They are 10.00 in stores when u can find them

#122 1 year ago

Whenever I've played N64 simulation games they're full of glitches and slowdowns. Very choppy.
Also I find N64 graphics don't hold up like previous generations. Goldeneye and Turok were mind blowing back in the day and now are unplayable for me. Same with Mario 64. Groundbreaking game but man it's just soooo bad to look at now. Guess I'm a 16bit or less guy.

#123 1 year ago

Buy a modded one with every NES game on ebay. Well worth the extra money

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

? They are 10.00 in stores when u can find them

"When" is the key word.

I'm about to leave my fiancee and stepson for a month for military reasons. I want them to have the ability to play 2 player NES games while I'm gone. If that means a generic controller is my only option due to the actual Nintendo controllers being sold out, then that's what I got to roll the dice on.

Is what it is : ). If it doesn't work out, I'll buy an actual one when Nintendo actually ramps production up.

#125 1 year ago

I am curious... what's the advantage of buying these NES minis? I can't be the only one here who knows about emulation. I have had access to these classic games on my pc since the late 90s and they all run fine. You can even upscale the graphics for HDTVs and save your progress in any game. So is there a reason to get this aside from wanting a physical unit?

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I am curious... what's the advantage of buying these NES minis? I can't be the only one here who knows about emulation. I have had access to these classic games on my pc since the late 90s and they all run fine. You can even upscale the graphics for HDTVs and save your progress in any game. So is there a reason to get this aside from wanting a physical unit?

It's nostalgic....it's hackable....it's portable.

If you couldn't hack it and personalize it, it wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

In 10 seconds you can play it on any TV at any house.

#128 1 year ago

If someone wants a modded NES classic brand new lmk. I can put whatever you want on it. Have an extra. PM if interested

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Buy a modded one with every NES game on ebay. Well worth the extra money

No. Do it yourself. Takes a computer and 20 minutes. Dont pay some one else.

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

One PSA.... the snes classic doesn’t ship with a power adaptor! You gotta use a usb power supply of your own...

mine did.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yep. Love Amazon.

I am curious what the quality is like on this. Is not official.

#133 1 year ago

You are better to learn to do it yourself as there are games that you may not want on there or may want to add or delete games in the future. As well you can customize the menus to your liking. I have mine classified into NES, SNES and Sega Genesis, then further classified into A, B, C, D, etc with home buttons in each of them that way the menus are easy to navigate. You can attach your own art and everything it is quite the slick program and very easy to use. If you can use Pinball Browser then you will be able to figure out Hachchi2.

Quoted from delt31:

If someone wants a modded NES classic brand new lmk. I can put whatever you want on it. Have an extra. PM if interested

#134 1 year ago

Early batches did... later ones dropped it.

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

oh wow really? well, I finally snagged one on amazon last week. its supposed to show up tomorrow...well see. still hasnt even shipped...

#136 1 year ago

Nintendo's ability to manufacture rarity puts any pinball company to SHAME!

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Nintendo's ability to manufacture rarity puts any pinball company to SHAME!

I know right.

#140 1 year ago

Ah man, GameCube was so great. Man, back when resident evil 4 was GameCube exclusive.. those were the days when you could still brag up your Nintendo. Geesh that wavebird, first damn wireless that actually worked worth a shit. Heck, I’d take one over my crummy xbox one controlller w/ it’s shitty range any day.

#141 1 year ago

I’m usually pretty good at doing this stuff, but I can’t figure out Hakchi 2.3. Watched YouTube videos, and they all have a button that tells you to dump the kernel, and I can’t find it. If someone wants to help walk me thru it, is greatly appreciate it.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from bowz:

I’m usually pretty good at doing this stuff, but I can’t figure out Hakchi 2.3. Watched YouTube videos, and they all have a button that tells you to dump the kernel, and I can’t find it. If someone wants to help walk me thru it, is greatly appreciate it.

This video makes it too easy. Use the links in the video description

Any questions just ask....

#143 1 year ago

Ok thanks. Haven’t seen that video, so I’ll give it a go when I get home.

#144 1 year ago

This video is very useful as well if you want to create folders for all of your games.

#145 1 year ago

you should be using v1.2.5 (they changed the number scheme and 1.2.5 is the latest version)

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I just received a new NES mini from Gamestop yesterday (finally got one!!) and it includes a USB power adapter. I received the UK version today and it does not include the adapter. Neither do either of the Japanese releases of the Famicom/Super Famicom mini. The adapter is sold separately.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I just received a new NES mini from Gamestop yesterday (finally got one!!) and it includes a USB power adapter. I received the UK version today and it does not include the adapter. Neither do either of the Japanese releases of the Famicom/Super Famicom mini. The adapter is sold separately.

Yeah, the new NES mini had one.. but SNES didn't. But SNES has two remotes, NES has one.. it's all games

#148 1 year ago

I bought a snes mini classic in 2017, it has 2 controllers and a power brick.
I bought an nes mini classic in 2018, it has 1 controller and a power brick.

Is there a second run of snes minis that don’t have a power brick?

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I bought a snes mini classic in 2017, it has 2 controllers and a power brick.
I bought an nes mini classic in 2018, it has 1 controller and a power brick.
Is there a second run of snes minis that don’t have a power brick?

Looks like it may be region based... and maybe online retailers are selling grey market by selling cross-regions. My box has a label on it that says the distributor is from Japan.. and 'ac adaptor is NOT included'

#150 1 year ago

Guys, the European SNES has the USB power cable, but if you want to hook it up to the wall power, you will need the USB to AC power adapter. Can buy them on Amazon or eBay all day long. Can get them for about $9 on Amazon. Luckily, I had an extra.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 229.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 104.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbotz
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 89.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 36.99
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 24.00
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 76.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside