20180630_110453 (resized).jpg
22.png
Circus Charlie (J).png
Screenshot_20180629-173044 (resized).png
Pin-Bot (U)2.png
Pin-Bot (U).png
nes (resized).png
15302738956903759564434633588657 (resized).jpg
There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No - makes no difference.

Nice...im going to go look for a good Rom site to download all our favourites.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Nice...im going to go look for a good Rom site to download all our favourites.

It took me like 15 mins to put 700 more games on mine. Im not a fan of the folder tree it creates, but they are all there inside the folders with thumbnails and they all work.

#53 5 years ago

I never knew PinBot was made as a NES game.

Pin-Bot (U).pngPin-Bot (U).pngPin-Bot (U)2.pngPin-Bot (U)2.png
#54 5 years ago

Did the first run of these only come with 1 controller?? The SNES came with 2.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

My arcade makes the best wireless controller for the Nes and Snes classic. I just bought two with the 4 buttons and works on both systems. I have had them from 2016 and still working.

Some reviewers say the wireless controllers have big time lag and some issues staying connected. Any thoughts on that?

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Some reviewers say the wireless controllers have big time lag and some issues staying connected. Any thoughts on that?

Agreed, that’s why I’ve avoided wireless so far, but wireless with no lag would be a fantastic upgrade over the wired.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I never had any problems with lag, but i'm not sure far away from the T.V. either. I think you have to be in a certain reasonable range. It's not like it is a $100 Xbox controller. The shape is a little weird at first, smaller. I had the boss brand wireless controller and it was a complete turd.

My favorite NES game is Wario's Woods but, still not supported

#58 5 years ago

Got one...good lookin out

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

My favorite NES game is Wario's Woods but, still not supported

I found the USA rom for it. It still wouldn't work ?

#60 5 years ago

I bought one today and put a few games on mario 1 and 3 and there sure seems to be a lot of lag ...especially the jump button? Normal

#61 5 years ago

Great post, just grabbed one from Walmart!

Thanks for the heads up!!

#62 5 years ago

those with lag - check your tvs and ensure game mode is on. These new tvs introduce all sorts of lag. Game mode or nothing.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I never knew PinBot was made as a NES game.

High speed was made a nes game too.

My buddy grabbed 2 at Best buy today. One for me.

Screenshot_20180629-173044 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180629-173044 (resized).png

#64 5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to grab both a SNES and NES mini at Best Buy.

For those experiencing lag: lag is introduced in the television with all of the fancy post image processing that’s done these days to make video look smooth and sharp.

Change the TV to game mode to reduce the amount of processing that’s done to limit lag.

#65 5 years ago

I completely forgot about 'Circus Charlie'....it was brutal tough. I had it on one of those 299-1 game cartridges from Japan.

22.png22.pngCircus Charlie (J).pngCircus Charlie (J).png
#66 5 years ago

Snagged one from target. Got another coming from amazon uk, pre ordered before I realized how easily available they would be today. Maybe I’ll hack one and leave one original or see if a friend wants one.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

those with lag - check your tvs and ensure game mode is on. These new tvs introduce all sorts of lag. Game mode or nothing.

I see... thanks for the info

#68 5 years ago

I was just happy to FINALLY get a licensed controller for my 2016 purchased NES Classic without having to pay up the nose for it.
Suck it interwebs scalpers!

Thank you local Best Buy!

#69 5 years ago

Anyone have a extra oem controller?

#70 5 years ago

What's with the 2ft controller cord on this thing?? Gonna go blind staring at a 55" screen this close...

#71 5 years ago

Yeah, you definitely need the extra 10’ extension cables that Chitown posted on page 1.
$10 is $10, but it sure beats getting a TV sunburn.

#72 5 years ago

I ordered a couple adapters on Amazon that convert the NES classic to standard NES ports so I can use my much-preferred dogbone NES controllers. The original squarish controllers are definitely more nostalgic but my hands start to hurt pretty quick using those.

Missed these the first time around but secured one at the local Best Buy today.

#73 5 years ago

the only good wireless controllers (that I've found) are those 8bitdo bluetooth wireless ones (but you need to additionally purchase the bluetooth adapters)
they're a bit pricey @ $45-49ea but they have a nice heft to them, feel great and work with a variety of devices including the switch

8bitdo controller
snes colored
https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-SN30-Controller-Windows-macOS-Android/dp/B0748S1VDC/ref=sr_1_5

sfc colored
https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-SF30-Controller-Windows-macOS-Android/dp/B0748S3GXG/ref=sr_1_4

bluetooth to nes/snes classic adapter
https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Retro-Receiver-Classic-Bluetooth-nintendo/dp/B076B995TL/ref=sr_1_13

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the only good wireless controllers (that I've found) are those 8bitdo bluetooth wireless ones (but you need to additionally purchase the bluetooth adapters)
they're a bit pricey @ $45-49ea but they have a nice heft to them, feel great and work with a variety of devices including the switch
8bitdo controller
snes colored
amazon.com link »
sfc colored
amazon.com link »
bluetooth to nes/snes classic adapter
amazon.com link »

The new 8bitdo n30 for 25.00 will be the way to go imo..

#75 5 years ago

Also i put my tv in gamemode and it helped but something is still off but ill get use to it....

#77 5 years ago

Cheapest shipped I can find is $85. By the time I add extra controller and cords I'm thinking no. Prob just buy a Switch. Unless any of you have an extra that yer wanting to part with. If I'm gonna pay $25 over, I'd rather a Pinsider make that $.

#78 5 years ago

I can buy it off of you if you want, I was going to wait for the new wireless remote but nice to have two controllers in the meantime.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Crap....turns out I bought two remotes. Now I have three because one was included with the console.
Anybody in Edmonton looking for a remote I have an extra one I can sell you at the price I just paid. (13$CAD)

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I found the USA rom for it. It still wouldn't work ?

It doesn't support the map for the rom. I think it might be the only game with that map. A couple other game don't work either. Like Kirbys dream land 3 on the Snes.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I can buy it off of you if you want, I was going to wait for the new wireless remote but nice to have two controllers in the meantime.

13 bucks and it's yours my friend.

#81 5 years ago

Consider it sold... Now I have to buy another extender lol...

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

13 bucks and it's yours my friend.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Consider it sold... Now I have to buy another extender lol...

Sounds good

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Cheapest shipped I can find is $85. By the time I add extra controller and cords I'm thinking no. Prob just buy a Switch. Unless any of you have an extra that yer wanting to part with. If I'm gonna pay $25 over, I'd rather a Pinsider make that $.

Believe u can still get them shipped for regular price...

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Believe u can still get them shipped for regular price...

From where? Best Buy says no shipping, as does Target, etc. I'm at a dance competition right now in TN so wondering if my pho e location settings are jackin me up.
But thanks bigD.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

From where? Best Buy says no shipping, as does Target, etc. I'm at a dance competition right now in TN so wondering if my pho e location settings are jackin me up.
But thanks bigD.

Ill try get u a link

#86 5 years ago

Yea you have go to the store to get them now.... ill buy a extra one if they are still there tomorrow

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My local Walmart has like 20 left I can grab you one if you want. I think they are out of extra controllers though

#88 5 years ago

If anyone has a controller or can pick up one... i can paypal u for one. Thanks..

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The new 8bitdo n30 for 25.00 will be the way to go imo..

Not available until August 20th? I guess I waited 2 years to get my hands on the NES classic what's another 2 months for a controller...

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from pindevil:

Not available until August 20th? I guess I waited 2 years to get my hands on the NES classic what's another 2 months for a controller...

Yes but u can preorder it lol

#91 5 years ago

This explains the guys lined up outside Bestbuy at 7:30 this morning. They all had a doughy body type, and looked pasty white like they never go out in the sun. I figured something was going on gaming related

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

This explains the guys lined up outside Bestbuy at 7:30 this morning. They all had a doughy body type, and looked pasty white like they never go out in the sun. I figured something was going on gaming related

What is a doughy body type mean? Is it like fat or obese?

#93 5 years ago

Man you guys are awesome! If someone does grab an extra I will PayPal ya for it and beers on me at Expo for sure.

#94 5 years ago

Just loaded a ton of NES games onto the mini. There were three games that required the Roms to be patched but I didn't bother since they weren't really games I wanted to play. Synced the games onto the mini and it works like a charm.

I only wish you could quit a game without having to get up and manually press the reset button. (yes...i turn into a lazy doughboy when I am old school gaming.)

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I only wish you could quit a game without having to get up and manually press the reset button

Set the button setting in the software so you don't have to

#96 5 years ago

Just snagged mine lastnight after seeing this thread. The Target I went to informed me they had pallets of them in the back so ask if you dont see any on the store floor. They told me Nintendo got their shit together and are flooding the market now.20180630_110453 (resized).jpg20180630_110453 (resized).jpg

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What is a doughy body type mean? Is it like fat or obese?

Doughy is doughy. Not necessarily large, but certainly no muscle tone.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

So if it was Pinball machines people were waiting in line for it’d be greedy old men smelling of cigarettes waving cash in the air clamoring for 30 year old themes carrying around bulbous beer bellies

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Set the button setting in the software so you don't have to

Noob question...but how is that done?

#100 5 years ago

What has been the preferred way to add games to the NES classic? I picked one up today at Target, saw a few different ways to mod it.

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psa-nes-mini-in-stock/page/2?hl=jenniebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.