3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by YeOldPinPlayer
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    Borrowed Skill Pool Pic (resized).png
    tmp_8720-Screenshot_2017-03-30-17-54-502041687403.png
    tmp_8720-Screenshot_2017-03-30-17-54-31-1841544249.png
    pasted_image_(resized).png
    fake_(resized).jpg
    tmp_11325-Screenshot_2016-05-01-10-12-581484167711.png
    tmp_15300-Screenshot_2016-04-25-15-51-592075703444.png
    tmp_15300-Screenshot_2016-04-25-15-47-471484167711.png
    4-25-2016_2-56-55_PM_(resized).jpg
    tmp_19475-Screenshot_2016-04-23-18-41-5844298313.png
    tmp_19475-Screenshot_2016-04-23-18-24-21-510145572.png
    tmp_5410-Screenshot_2016-04-22-18-38-32-510145572.png
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-20_at_10.20.45_PM_(resized).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-20_at_10.22.00_PM_(resized).jpg
    tmp_12619-Screenshot_2016-04-20-21-39-46-510145572.png

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 years ago

Yeah I've seen a few of these pop up in Florida in recent weeks. Got the same type of hokey reply each time. Flagging. One popped up last night in fact, here: orlando.craigslist.org link

#52 3 years ago

Also saw the ATV/boat/car nonsense over the weekend and early this week, all across Florida. Was driving me insane. Flagged literally hundreds of them, and emailed craigslist abuse for keyword spamming. Looks like they're all gone now, thank goodness.

#53 3 years ago

Here's one for a Williams "Perky" with a new paint job for $110 in Seattle:

seattle.craigslist.org link

#54 3 years ago

If everyone posting in this thread would include a link to the CL ad they'll get flagged off quicker.
    austin.craigslist.org link

tmp_5410-Screenshot_2016-04-22-18-38-32-510145572.png

#55 3 years ago

Looks like one I was about to post was pulled.

#56 3 years ago

Taxi $125
    houston.craigslist.org link

tmp_19475-Screenshot_2016-04-23-18-24-21-510145572.png

#57 3 years ago

dallas.craigslist.org link

tmp_19475-Screenshot_2016-04-23-18-41-5844298313.png

#58 3 years ago

JM posted in columbus, zzz....

4-25-2016_2-56-55_PM_(resized).jpg

#59 3 years ago

tmp_15300-Screenshot_2016-04-25-15-47-471484167711.png

#60 3 years ago

tmp_15300-Screenshot_2016-04-25-15-51-592075703444.png

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Here's one for a Williams "Perky" with a new paint job for $110 in Seattle:
    seattle.craigslist.org link

Same one that sold for $1100 on e-bay a couple weeks ago.

ebay.com link » Williams Perky Pinball 1956 Wood Rail Restored

#62 3 years ago

houston.craigslist.org link

tmp_11325-Screenshot_2016-05-01-10-12-581484167711.png

#63 3 years ago

Another one just popped up, flag away!

Williams Judge Dredd Pinball - $110
    jacksonville.craigslist.org link

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Another one just popped up, flag away!
    Williams Judge Dredd Pinball - $110
    jacksonville.craigslist.org link

What an idiot. LOL He stole the pics of a 1 off custom game.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=139961.0

1 week later
    #65 3 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Also saw the ATV/boat/car nonsense over the weekend and early this week, all across Florida. Was driving me insane. Flagged literally hundreds of them, and emailed craigslist abuse for keyword spamming. Looks like they're all gone now, thank goodness.

Ugh, they're at it again all across Florida.

Example: spacecoast.craigslist.org link

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Ugh, they're at it again all across Florida.

Again in the northeast as well.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Again in the northeast as well.

Same here in the Seattle area again. I just flagged 25 of them.

#68 3 years ago

Bunch showed up in the phoenix market selling tractors and stuff??? Had a massive keyword spam, so pinball and hundreds of other search terms brought them up... Craigslist is getting better at removing them in mass! They got taken down in a few hours...
    -S

#69 3 years ago

At it AGAIN across Florida ... Come on Craigslist, make it stop!

#70 3 years ago

Yup, they started up again today in the northeast as well. It's quite annoying.

2 weeks later
    #71 3 years ago

They started up again today with the car/boat/atv/tractor fake ads again here in the Seattle area. I just flagged 40 of them in the past few minutes.

#72 3 years ago

Wow they are busy tonight. Just flagged another 25 here in Seattle.

#73 3 years ago

I've been flagging left and right as well in the northeast. I also reported the whole series of them as spam though the CL contact form. Seems like every 10 minutes a new one pops up.

#74 3 years ago

All over the southeast as well....scumbag spammers!

#75 3 years ago

Holy crap they've been bust since yesterday! I just flagged 27 ads for these jerks under pinball in my area alone. Usually there's 4 or 5. Reported them as spam as well directly to CL. Bastards!

#76 3 years ago

Yep, assholes are at it again. I deleted over 100 emails. Goes off so quickly, I delete the emails and before I'm done, 25 more pop up.

#77 3 years ago

Yeah they were going nuts here all over FL again last night and this morning too. I was flagging like a madman. Just checked a few minutes ago, they FINALLY got wiped off. Ugh. What a PitA.

#78 3 years ago

Same in CO, flagging as prohibited but not sure how well that's working. Here its ATV and some used cars at insanely low prices, all with pinball and a million other key words white on white background in the adds. Guessing a plague bot of some sort.

#79 3 years ago

It's happening all over. I have a little fun with the addresses - toss them into an anonymous emailer and sent them 10000+ spam messages (usually with their wall of keywords as the message body), drop the addresses into mailbait and let it run thousands of signups in the background, etc. Today an ad popped with a google voice number, and I bombed that with thousands of messages with their keyword wall as well.

They want to annoy me, I'll annoy them. Just flagging their ads over and over doesn't seem to stop them.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from cpu-slave:

It's happening all over. I have a little fun with the addresses - toss them into an anonymous emailer and sent them 10000+ spam messages (usually with their wall of keywords as the message body), drop the addresses into mailbait and let it run thousands of signups in the background, etc. Today an ad popped with a google voice number, and I bombed that with thousands of messages with their keyword wall as well.
    They want to annoy me, I'll annoy them. Just flagging their ads over and over doesn't seem to stop them.

I love what you did. That's great.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from cpu-slave:

You're doing nothing helpful. No human is posting the ads or reading responses, it's all automated, except possibly the CL verification step. Flagging and reporting is the best you can do.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You're doing nothing helpful. No human is posting the ads or reading responses, it's all automated, except possibly the CL verification step. Flagging and reporting is the best you can do.

You know that for certain? Either way who cares if I annoy automation with automation... those gmail accounts must be real, so let them have some mail...

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from cpu-slave:

You know that for certain? Either way who cares if I annoy automation with automation... those gmail accounts must be real, so let them have some mail...

If you really want to do more than flag, reporting the Gmail addresses to abuse@gmail.com might be helpful. Google collects enough data that they might be able to block the bot-net being used to create the addresses. Slim chance, but better than your current commendable but wasted effort.

#84 3 years ago

It stopped for about 2-3 hours but it's coming back again. Slowly but it's starting again.

#85 3 years ago

Wouldn't it be great if there was some automated system to delete these ads? I would love to have the power to put in a search for the keyword spam, and delete the probable thousands of these POS ads across the planet!
    That would be awesome!
    Here is the current keyword spam...
    You can't tell me this would be hard to implement... (Note pinball is in there somewhere!)
    [Huuuge block of copied keyword spam removed by moderator]

Added over 3 years ago: Thanks mod. I thought the sheer size of the spam with the word Nintendo no less than 50 times, would be humorous to others. I guess if I took a screen capture of it that would have been ok?

#86 3 years ago

Pro Tip:

You can filter out all of these ads if you add -gmail in you search. Since all of these ads contain a gmail address this will get rid of them all.

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Pro Tip:
    You can filter out all of these ads if you add -gmail in you search. Since all of these ads contain a gmail address this will get rid of them all.

Sometimes gmail is misspelled in the ads to bypass filters.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sometimes gmail is misspelled in the ads to bypass filters.

Or it's embedded in the picture.

#89 3 years ago

Wow, they were busy again tonight in the Seattle craigslist. I just finished flagging 150 of those ads and more are still coming in.

#90 3 years ago

Im currently using -tekken in my search and it removes all of them. Find something totaly unrelated to pinball in the long list and throw a - in front of it. Gtg.

#91 3 years ago

"-wanted" has been working for me for quite a while; always appears in that wall of keywords

I would never ever look at adds "wanting" anything. This exclusion kills 2 birds with one stone.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

"-wanted" has been working for me for quite a while; always in that wall of keywords
    I would never ever look at adds "wanting" anything; this exclusion kills 2 birds with one stone.

You're going to kick yourself when you miss out on a wanted ad offering $10,000 for GoT or JP.

#93 3 years ago

Getting a ton of those fraudulent vehicle ads on the Richmond VA craigslist right now. Total wall of cars, trucks, SUVs, ATVs, boats, etc.

The best one is a fully restored 1971 Mustang for $2000. Yeah, right.

This is annoying as hell. I'm just trying to search for pinball machines!

fake_(resized).jpg

#94 3 years ago

Ugh, it's been spampocalypse for the past few days. I've been flagging, and reported a whole bunch with the contact us form.

#95 3 years ago

I just emailed CL and told them their IT sucks. They can't even stop this from happening.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from RoachOverlord:

Getting a ton of those fraudulent vehicle ads on the Richmond VA craigslist right now. Total wall of cars, trucks, SUVs, ATVs, boats, etc.

same her, same adds in CO, they have tons of keywords built in, would be hard to avoid with any search.

#97 3 years ago

Another one of the type for which this thread was started. Flag away.

orlando.craigslist.org link

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Another one of the type for which this thread was started. Flag away.

I see they're upping their price to $170 now on the fake ads. And the Gmail address is getting increasingly more mangled.

#99 3 years ago

Another fake one just came through

rochester.craigslist.org link

pasted_image_(resized).png

2 weeks later
    #100 3 years ago

She's back at it again -- flag away.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 35.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 315.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 89.99
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.50
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 87.00
    $ 263.55
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.99
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside