Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2014-07-21-10-22-40.png
    baby_sloth_yawns.gif
    3385-pro-pinball-timeshock-dos-screenshot-viewing-mode-1s.jpg
    Clark-Griswold-2.jpg
    f4f5b63ae5f3378b498b117dd5e36996_large-634.jpg
    122_yawn_cat_gifs.gif

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago

the negative reaction is mostly a matter of timing. the pinball community is tired of being teased, tired of announcements of impending announcements, tired of pre-orders, and tired of promises. I wish this project nothing but the best of luck. if it is Timeshock, that looks like an awesome game and I hope to play it one day. But if the past is any indicator, it seems to be a lot harder to put a product in customers hands than it is to show them some promotional videos. that's where the fatigue stems from.

#52 9 years ago

I think we are all about done with this routine .

#53 9 years ago

Where is the OP? You'd think he would be on here answering questions about what the hell is going on.

OP.....WHERE ARE YOU!

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

the negative reaction is mostly a matter of timing. the pinball community is tired of being teased, tired of announcements of impending announcements, tired of pre-orders, and tired of promises. I wish this project nothing but the best of luck. if it is Timeshock, that looks like an awesome game and I hope to play it one day. But if the past is any indicator, it seems to be a lot harder to put a product in customers hands than it is to show them some promotional videos. that's where the fatigue stems from.

Always something new, there is some joker on RGP that put up a site to buy pinballs.
    He gets to lowball and cherry pick games from people that contact him for an easy flip and on top of that he wants to charge us 20 bucks to look at his rejects.
    Laughable.

#55 9 years ago

If it is a Timeshock table we've already seen a concept of it via Barnstorm Game's last Kickstarter for the virtual game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500643708/pro-pinball-timeshock-the-ultra-edition-0

f4f5b63ae5f3378b498b117dd5e36996_large-634.jpgf4f5b63ae5f3378b498b117dd5e36996_large-634.jpg

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Where is the OP? You'd think he would be on here answering questions about what the hell is going on.
    OP.....WHERE ARE YOU!

If it does turn out to be based in the Netherlands it's 0520 there.

#57 9 years ago

All of these "coming soon" announcements are sure making the wait time for the next Stern title announcement seem like nothing. Sure they have the FB tease down to a science, but at least I know there will be a few each year even if the titles don't interest me. It might not be everyone's favorite business model, but they've survived through some tough years and keep providing us with new options.

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

That video had an awful voiceover.

I'm biased, but I just won't give money to companies with that kind of crap voice work. There's too many talented actors out there who could use a c-note or two and wouldn't make your company sound like you got your aunt to cut the voice over in your garage.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from hootowls:

If it does turn out to be based in the Netherlands it's 0520 there.

True, so he posted it at 8:20 pm his time then went to bed.

#60 9 years ago

Let's see if Barnstorm has anything to say about this once England gets going this morning.

#61 9 years ago

"You see Russ, what they do..is they have announcements to announcements......"

Clark-Griswold-2.jpgClark-Griswold-2.jpg
    #62 9 years ago

I like it........

3385-pro-pinball-timeshock-dos-screenshot-viewing-mode-1s.jpg3385-pro-pinball-timeshock-dos-screenshot-viewing-mode-1s.jpg

#63 9 years ago

I'm happy to confirm that one of my dreams is finally coming true, and a virtual pinball game I designed nearly 20 years ago (Pro Pinball: Timeshock!) is being made real by the talented guys at Silver Castle Pinball! We'll be helping out with the software, but they're doing everything else to make this amazing thing happen. I'm sure they'll be sharing more details and some of the cool things they've already shown me soon.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from adebarritt:

I'm happy to confirm that one of my dreams is finally coming true, and a virtual pinball game I designed nearly 20 years ago (Pro Pinball: Timeshock!) is being made real by the talented guys at Silver Castle Pinball! We'll be helping out with the software, but they're doing everything else to make this amazing thing happen. I'm sure they'll be sharing more details and some of the cool things they've already shown me soon.

Thanks for the clarification and congrats!
    Now that's an announcement.

#65 9 years ago

baby_sloth_yawns.gifbaby_sloth_yawns.gif
    Oh WOW another pinball announcement of an announcement.

What NO kickstart!

#66 9 years ago

What could be an exciting project could get pulled down if there is not much more than an announcement of this. I hope they are further along.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from adebarritt:

Wow. Wasn't expecting that. Congrats Ade. Must be exciting.

#68 9 years ago

Well at least the ruleset will be complete...

Looks like a seriously good machine would be expensive to make though.

#69 9 years ago

hmmm........... ok

#70 9 years ago

Why the complaints on here. Some of you are complaining about announcements, this is no news, blah blah. Im guessing youve never taken marketing. It about getting people to talk about it, which all these replies were doing, positive or negative.
    They'll take it. Good stuff for pinball.

#71 9 years ago

It's been almost twenty hours
    We know you've been waiting...

And we understand your impatience, we can't wait either
    Later today we will post more concrete info on this project

#72 9 years ago

Just want to point out that I called it. ;P

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Just want to point out that I called it. ;P

OK mister smarty pants.

#74 9 years ago

Screenshot_2014-07-21-10-22-40.pngScreenshot_2014-07-21-10-22-40.png

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from Leeps:

Why the complaints on here. Some of you are complaining about announcements, this is no news, blah blah. Im guessing youve never taken marketing. It about getting people to talk about it, which all these replies were doing, positive or negative.
    They'll take it. Good stuff for pinball.

I think people in this community are tired of the marketing. Just show us the goods. That will get people talking.

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

An MC Hammer pin is no less timely than an AC/DC pin.

AC/DC can still fill arenas. MC Hammer could barely fill a Starbucks.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from Leeps:

Why the complaints on here.

I think all will be forgiven if their actual announcement is substantive.

#78 9 years ago

Really can't wait to see the end result of this! It is about time, indeed.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinPete:

Later today we will post more concrete info on this project

If you weren't ready to post something yesterday, then why did you?

Just make an announcement when you have the actual information.

#80 9 years ago

Timeshock! Pre-order now and get it 5 years ago!

#81 9 years ago

I'd like to announce MY pinball in progress: Planet of the Announcers!

You must collect all 10 famous announcers and each one will have their own sub-goals to complete. Each target, ramp and switch will have its own announcements or phrases! I will then announce tomorrow what my next announcement will be regarding he announcement goals on Planet of the Announcers!

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

If you weren't ready to post something yesterday, then why did you?
    Just make an announcement when you have the actual information.

bingo.

#83 9 years ago

I heard a rumour. I will tell you guys in 2 hours. (4:00 CST)

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Oh WOW another pinball announcement of an announcement.
    What NO kickstart!

Wait there is a kickstart! Although not strictly the same folks but very handy timing....

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

That video had an awful voiceover.

Jesus christ no doubt. I appreciate the fact they recorded it in the trunk of a car, but you could at least make the voice over louder than the music so you could, ya know, hear WTF is being said.

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I heard a rumour. I will tell you guys in 2 hours. (4:00 CST)

Here is the answer to the clifthanger.

#87 9 years ago

Within the next couple of weeks our game will officially be announced in a featured full size article on pinballnews.com

In addition we have compiled a list of answers to some of the questions we received via Pinside/Facebook and e-mail.

- What’s the fuzz
    We’re building Timeshock!.

Pro Pinball: Timeshock! is a PC pinball simulation released in 1997 and has since sold millions of copies around the world. Despite its age, it’s still seen as one of the most realistic pinball simulators ever made. It is praised for its excellent gameplay and deep rule set. Currently an HD version of the PC game is in development under the name “Timeshock! The ULTRA Edition”.

- There are so many new games announced these days. Why is this any different?
    As far as we know, this will be the first time a physical pinball is based upon a PC pinball simulation. The layout and ruleset have proven itself to be fun and exciting and the theme has stood the test of time. We think the game is simply awesome!

- Do you own the license to build this game?
    Like Ade has mentioned a few posts back: yes, we do.

- How are the original game creators involved in this?
    We are working with almost the entire team that developed the original game, to create the most authentic experience possible.

- Are you just starting with this?
    No, we have been working under the radar for over a year now.
    A flipping whitewood is up and running.

- Is this another five year wait?
    We plan to be production ready by summer 2015.

- What about deposits & pre-orders ?
    Regardless of whatever payment plans we will offer when the time comes, we will always offer the option to only pay in full when the machine is production ready and parts sourcing/assembly begins.

- Kickstarter?
    No.

#88 9 years ago

Hell yeah
    Played Time shock for hours on end as a kid and really what made me fall in love with the game I will be in on one for sure !!!

#89 9 years ago

Another pinball being built, Great news!

Quoted from PinPete:

As far as we know, this will be the first time a physical pinball is based upon a PC pinball simulation

I'm pretty sure Wrath of Olympus existed as a pinball simulation before the physical pinball was built.

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I'm pretty sure Wrath of Olympus existed as a pinball simulation before the physical pinball was built.

"as far as we know"

/facepalm

#91 9 years ago

Post edited by ForceFlow: nevermind

#92 9 years ago

Giddyup!

#93 9 years ago

The question is, will there be sticker shock? I never played this game but it looks interesting.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinPete:

As far as we know, this will be the first time a physical pinball is based upon a PC pinball simulation.

Vonnie D announced the same thing a month ago.

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinPete:

Within the next couple of weeks our game will officially be announced in a featured full size article on pinballnews.com

A flipping whitewood is up and running.

so it was, announcement of an announcement

that whitewood, that's what we want to see.

#96 9 years ago

OP, please tell us something about Silver Castle Pinball.

#97 9 years ago

I can see no truer test of the simulation's physics than when it actually gets made, if everything works as it should.

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I'm pretty sure Wrath of Olympus existed as a pinball simulation before the physical pinball was buil

Sure. From Scott's first post on
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development

Quoted from T-800:

The process started by first designing in digital space by creating a visual pinball table. That development has been a great success and has yielded what I find to be a very fun table to play. During the development process I purposely designed the table so that it could one day be made as a real, physical, pinball machine. Since the launch of the digital table (which can be found here, free to download for those interested: http://www.vpforums.org/ ) I have been modeling everything in 3D CAD to prepare for building it in real life.

#99 9 years ago

For some of us, this is the biggest dream come true ever, although it hasn't quite come true yet. Fingers and everything else that cross are crossed here. I just need to figure out how I could buy one without getting divorced. I know tastes vary but for me this would blow away every machine ever made in terms of rules and depth.

Regarding the voiceover in the video, I think it sounds that way because they pieced together samples from the original game soundtrack.

#100 9 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing this! Timeshock is a pretty cool table and what I like here is that we can actually preview the table (virtually) and then decide wether we would like to buy a "real" one. That's pretty unique and don't think it has happened before

Pre-ordering seems to have had it's best time though (I for one am pretty much done with pre-ordering) so I'm glad this is not another one of those "Limited Edition pre-order now" announcements.

I'm really curious who's going to be assembling this. Summer 2015 is only a year away. Ade is from the UK, so I'm guessing this is going to be a UK built game?

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/proud-to-announce-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.