Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by billsfanmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lolli side.JPG
2015-03-08 20.30.34.jpg
20150206_230617.jpg
20150206_230813.jpg
X-files cabinet.jpg
2015-01-28 14.54.17.jpg
2015-01-28 15.06.50.jpg
2015-01-28 14.59.49.jpg
2015-01-28 14.59.34.jpg
2015-01-28 14.59.41.jpg
2015-01-28 14.59.46.jpg
krycek.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfanoz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Got it relatively cheap. Needed a project pin anyway. Cab is a bit nicked and dinged but the game works. Anything to check and look out for for those familiar with it? Any reoccuring issues? I'm excited regardless.

#3 5 years ago

Little more than that but oh well. Fan of the show. Fun sega table as well.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

Congratulations on your new game.
There is a factory metal plate you can put in front of the file cabinet to cover wear and protect the playfield.
I found that there was a lot of glare from the the back box on the playfield glass. You can either take out the backbox fluorescent tube or get Invisiglass ($$$). Then it is easier to see the upper playfield. Upgraded speakers help some also.

Awesome and thank you! Where do you find / buy that plate by chance?

I'll prob end up getting Invisiglass with time. It is a project pin really, may try to find new decals as well and redo the cab.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I've wanted one of these for a while now. I'm in the middle of watching all the shows again on netflix with mmy wife, and want one even more now. I forgot how much I looooooved Scully
Nice find, don't mind the nay sayers. Space Jam is another freakin awesome Sega very few here would given any thought to.

It was my first year of college when that show came out. Still resonates with me between the alien lore and creature features (Flukeman, Tooms, etc) It's a fun pin too, it may not be the greatest but the ramps and shots are challenging enough.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

I love my X-files. Good on you.

Now we need a straight up Lone Gunman pin. Would be awesome with all sorts of conspiracy related modes and stuff on the table (Kennedy's bullet, Project Blue Book, etc)

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Congrats Chris! I actually did a crazy shop and major upgrade for an X-files. I really enjoyed the machine and it should be a fun project. Check out the upgrades on this thread. The owner wanted it totally blinged so I was happy to comply
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-x-files-restore-work-and-blue-led-dmd-upgrade

Wowey, Jester that's really nice!!! And thanks! I plan on doing a mock up of that I think. That looks awesome. The DMD is a nice touch in blue too.

#29 5 years ago

Thanks brother! Couldn't pass it up. I miss tinkering I guess and can't pass up a favorite show game.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

if you said you were the proud owner of an orbitor one or a mousin around i would have felt bad for you

Alex Krycek approves of your shenanigans.

krycek.jpg
#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Winston:

Would be a much better game if it actually played well but I think this particular machine plays kind of odd, no matter what condition it is in. Had a lot of fun with the VP version though, more than I had with the real table.

The FP version, if you do Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Launch/Start, the Ball turns green for the rest of the game.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Never understood people spending time commenting on games they don't like? Just browse by and find some topic that you do enjoy and comment there, no? Life's too short to tell everyone how you don't like stuff...
BTW, we've had our X-files for over 3 years here and it's not going anywhere.

Yeah, looking highly forward to getting mine. It's not perfect by any means but with some TLC and some rehauling of decals down the road, it'll look like new. I plan on playing the hell out of it for a while before all that.

#63 5 years ago

Show still holds up great other than the tech. Can't wait to see what they do with modern tech.

#69 5 years ago

Awesome. Thanks man.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Is this the machine? ebay.com link ยป The X Files

Yes, that was it. It's a project machine for sure but I was looking for one anyway. It apparently plays good. Talked to him on the phone but we'll see. Nothing that can't be fixed or replaced. Finding the cab decals for the game may be another adventure as they seem to be unobtainable looking on the web.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

5 miles from me

Looked like it came out of a storage unit that wasn't owned up on rental wise from the pics. Is that a storage unit area?

#79 5 years ago

Oh well, they need some TLC is all. Worth the effort for the price.

#82 5 years ago

So everything looks pretty good playfield wise.... the file cab is intact although theres a bit of a crack in the middle in the bottom file drawer.... plan on bondoing that and wire meshing it and repainting the drawer so it'll last for the entire life of the game.... Plays great. Flipper bats need an update as they're the originals and filthy. The flippers play fine however and look newer like they were replaced at some point. Some of the lights dont work even if I switch them out (file cabinet, left shot lane indicator).

2015-01-28 14.59.34.jpg 2015-01-28 14.59.41.jpg 2015-01-28 14.59.46.jpg 2015-01-28 14.59.49.jpg 2015-01-28 15.06.50.jpg
#83 5 years ago

Also not sure why these connections are removed, looks like it was connected to volume control at one point? Not sure if I should reattach them or not. There's no volume control on the internal power unit there behind the shot. There's also one speaker in the back box on the right. That's it, not sure if there are two although there are two grills.

2015-01-28 14.54.17.jpg
#86 5 years ago

I need one myself. Some of the target banks on the left dont work so need replacements, part #'s.

And thanks tp, I may consider that actually. I wouldn't mind seeing more Cancer Man on the playfield across from Krycek maybe. Deep Throat and Agent X were meh choices.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Your playfield looks like it has the bare wood wear spot right in front of the cabinet (although I have seen much worse). And you don't have the thin metal plate covering up the spot (and preventing further wear in that area). You do have the clear plastic piece from the kit (clearly visible in one of your pictures), which is supposed to prevent damage to the file cabinet from airballs.

X-files cabinet.jpg 34 KB

I have mylar coming from Marco to cover up the X area as it's starting to lift and I took the mylar off Scully and Mulder (ugh, mistake that was) as it was filthy and had holes in it. Some of the art came up on Mulder and the bottom right hand corner of the X with it so I had to do some surgery with super glue and Sharpie oil paint pens. Game was a project / players game anyway so it is what it is.

I should have enough left over to cover that spot near the cab / magnet with the mylar and call it a day.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I am looking for an online manual for X-files... I cannot find one? Can anybody through me a bone... errr I mean a link..

I just bought one from Marco. Got tired of looking on Google. Seems to be non existent.

1 month later
#129 5 years ago

Trying to repair the file cabinet portion. *Update* Was a cross threaded screw in the top of the file cab, got it out, came right off the housing. *SHAKES FIST*

Good times so far, got the bondo, paint and xacto knife to carve out a new drawer.

#131 5 years ago

Not too shabby for a bottom drawer that was mostly missing. Recreated it after the bondo set with an xacto knife. Reinforced behind it with mesh / metal patching and extra bondo. That drawer should never disappear or crack again. Saved myself $500 on a new piece of plastic.

Also feeling a bit high even after wearing protective gear with that bondo scent.

2015-03-08 20.30.34.jpg

#133 5 years ago

Gorno, I really dont get it, Ive been having a blast with it. Sega games are great IMHO. The ramps are a bit tight but that makes it worthwhile when hit. Plus trying to hit all the episodes / modes and the multiballs are awesome (one being held captive by the cabinet, you hit it free).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,700 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Commack, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfanoz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside