Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gino-CFTBL_(resized).JPG
20160201_180731_resized_(resized).jpg

#1 8 years ago

So my 11 year old continues to impress me. He doesn't even realize that he knows most of the advanced flipper moves just from naturally playing.

Anyways, he played my recently acquired TZ for the first time last night, just two games. I just let him play without telling him the rules or best scoring objectives. He quickly realized the "sucker" shots to avoid. Just now he came downstairs and challenged me to a game. He proceeds to school me, completing all the panels and being just the ? shy of In The Zone. I feel bad, because he was literally just a shot away from getting his name in!

20160201_180731_resized_(resized).jpg20160201_180731_resized_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Wow nice job dad! Good thing you started this prodigy so young.

#3 8 years ago

Love TZ but struggle to get scores like that. Pretty good for not knowing the rules that well.

#4 8 years ago

that's awesome but why isn't it on free-play?

#5 8 years ago

Congrats!! Nice to see the intrest spreading

But ..... you can beter stop now!
Before you know it you create a monster you cannot control

Mine is 20 now and kicks my ass, left right and middle on every pin

(and strikes cocky poses at me .....)

Gino-CFTBL_(resized).JPGGino-CFTBL_(resized).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6 8 years ago

wish I could get my 11 year old to play. There was a time I convinced her that she could pick 3 games, and if she won any of the 3, she could stay up an hour later than normal. that worked for awhile, and she did win on occasion. but things like minecraft are just to powerful of an attention draw.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wish I could get my 11 year old to play. There was a time I convinced her that she could pick 3 games, and if she won any of the 3, she could stay up an hour later than normal. that worked for awhile, and she did win on occasion. but things like minecraft are just to powerful of an attention draw.

Maybe once Stern starts making them with LCD's she will be interested since that's going to change the hobby

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Maybe once Stern starts making them with LCD's she will be interested since that's going to change the hobby

nope. display won't help at all. Shooting a metal ball around at toys is no comparison to super mario, minecraft, little big planet and creative games like those. She's also getting pretty good at call of duty.

now If I designed a mine craft pinball machine. then I might pull her into that game. But I would have to design it, to feel like minecraft. Would have to collect resources, create things, maybe have blocks you can knock away. this is where P3 or P2k would come in really handy.

Actually if P3 locked it in, they would sell a shitton of units.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

that's awesome but why isn't it on free-play?

It is on free play. TZ retains credits earned from replays/specials.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I took my daughter to pinball expo two years ago, she spent two hours playing Woz...and the last two years asking me when am I going to buy one! She is 20 and will be returning from 12 months in US on Friday. As a surprise for her I pulled the trigger and a new Woz is arriving today. Can't wait to unbox it with her, looking forward to some good pinball bonding sessions.
LCD's are the best thing to reach out to a younger market, with more of a video game feel than standard DMD's.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 22.50
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Decorations
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/proud-dad-moment-tz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.