Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8838.jpg
IMG_8828.JPG
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Can you limit the max brightness? I think the level/speed of fade in that last video would look sick, if it just wasn't as bright in the end, then it would just give it an eerie look.

OK... This is what I came up with to tone the LEDs brightness down and give it the eerie look. The 3 Figures are in Full Dress Rehearsal on the video. I hope you like it.....

#52 11 years ago

Keeps looking better and better. Hemi is doing some great mods.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

OK... This is what I came up with to tone the LEDs brightness down and give it the eerie look. The 3 Figures are in Full Dress Rehearsal on the video. I hope you like it.....
» YouTube video

Okay, me likey. So if it did that sort of fade, it would only light up when you are in the path of the dead, right? If so, I think I'd buy it. Will it be doable to have 4 figures instead of 3 light up? I have 4 figures on my path.

#54 11 years ago

I like the timing and the brightness.
Only thing I'd attempt is to make the lighting random.
Picturing it with the side mirrors and it would look like a endless army popping up.
Could be tied to cycle with the kick of the vuk switch via PIG in the future.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Only thing I'd attempt is to make the lighting random.

Or set each of them on different times to give each figure the appearance of independence.

Quoted from HOOKED:

Picturing it with the side mirrors and it would look like a endless army popping up.

Indeed.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeremecium:

Or set each of them on different times to give each figure the appearance of independence.
Indeed.

I mentioned that earlier but someone said... "It a army they need to look like they are all together".... I can do all these different things to them, start times, cycle times to get the look that you want but the cost will go up to make this mod. I guess I need to ask how much are you willing to pay for this mod, so I am not going to create it and then it is too much money and no one wants it.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I like the timing and the brightness.Only thing I'd attempt is to make the lighting random.Picturing it with the side mirrors and it would look like a endless army popping up.Could be tied to cycle with the kick of the vuk switch via PIG in the future.

I really don't need the PIG to control them, but just remember if you want them to turn on and off when the pinball is only in the upper playfield. That is not a lot of time involved to get the effect of them, you might only see a few light cycles. Which is fine with me, but if I owned this machine I would want them on more....Example like Night Crawler in XM, you want to see them more often.

I can have then turn on when the vuk kicks up the pinball and turn them off anywhere else in the machine..... Maybe turn them off when you loose the ball and it returns to the ball tray. This would leave them on longer during that ball, giving you a feeling that you woke the Army of the Dead and battling them during that ball. You loose the ball the battle is over.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

It's looking better and better.

Thanks Zdoor for kind words. I am also working on AC/DC and filling my orders.... not enough time in the day/night.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Okay, me likey. So if it did that sort of fade, it would only light up when you are in the path of the dead, right? If so, I think I'd buy it. Will it be doable to have 4 figures instead of 3 light up? I have 4 figures on my path.

Yes... I can do that and just posted a different way of turning them on and off.

Yes... it is doable to run 4 of them are the same time with my current circuit.

#61 11 years ago

I like that effect. Doesn't matter to me whether they fade separately or not.
I think I want plan B: On with VUK switch and off with the left inlane switch.
I already have 3 figures and the Pinbits mount.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I like that effect. Doesn't matter to me whether they fade separately or not.I think I want plan B: On with VUK switch and off with the left inlane switch.I already have 3 figures and the Pinbits mount.

OK... I can do that no problem. I will let you know when I am ready to release it.

If you or anyone wants them to fade independently or different speeds, it will 3 difference circuits and cost 3 times as much to make it, which I am not sure a price yet.... Hopefully soon.

#63 11 years ago

Are there any other thoughts from people that are interested that have this machine and want to see this mod?

#64 11 years ago

Great work Hemi. I'm still leaning toward the "turn on dimly once when the ball enters and fade slowly as the ball exits", but yeah your plan B option will work. I'm down for a set with figures since I have the mounting plate.

#65 11 years ago

I think it should turn on full blast then slowly fade away. Try that.

#66 11 years ago

Are you drilling up into the figures and inserting the led? I think your final video is great. Nice job.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from sarconus:

I think it should turn on full blast then slowly fade away. Try that.

I don't think I can do this.... it is a linear circuit, meaning it fades the same speed both ways

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Are you drilling up into the figures and inserting the led? I think your final video is great. Nice job.

I can.... but the figures are mostly hollow. If you want the LEDs in the center of their bodies then I will have to drill a hole in them. Currently they are just standing on top of the LEDs.

#69 11 years ago

I think the LEDs would look better at the core of the figures.

#70 11 years ago

I ordered my supply of LEDs and when they arrive, I will drill one of the figures and see what results I get on him and the different colors effects. Then I can post some more videos of the ones that I like.

#71 11 years ago

I ordered my parts to build this dimming LED circuit for this mod, I know I will have to order a few more parts and possible fabricate some brackets to complete the mod as I start to prototype mod into a LOTR pinball machine.

I just found and ordered 2 more set of the AoTD figures, so I will have 8 sets available for sale once this is completed. If anyone wants this mod and needs the figures with mod kit, please post here and send me a PM, to pre-order this LOTR, PoTD mod.

Thanks.

#72 11 years ago

Please put me down for a set of figures with mod kit. Price?
Thanks Hemi for doing this.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Please put me down for a set of figures with mod kit. Price?
Thanks Hemi for doing this.

No Problem... I have you down for a complete kit hopefully soon I can nail down a complete kit price... So that leaves currently 7 more.

#74 11 years ago

I have 6 more sets of figures that are available for this mod when I finish it. I am not taking any money on it at this time, because I still have more prototyping to do and I still don't know a final cost. If you just want to be on my list for the complete mod, that is all I am looking for. Once I have a "in the machine working prototype" and a final price, you can tell me "yes or no" if you want the complete mod and then I will need a payment to secure your kit and build you one.

#75 11 years ago

Hemi- put me on the list.
Looks great can't wait to see the effect in actual game play.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Hemi- put me on the list.
Looks great can't wait to see the effect in actual game play.

Absolutely pin15, I know you can wait for me to prototype your HUO LOTR, I forgot to subtract your AoTD figures from my inventory.

OK, I am down to 5 sets of figures left on the shelf of people that are wanting the complete kit....I will continue to look for more, but I can not guarantee what the price of them will be. My current inventory cost me around $35 per set after shipping.

When I am ready to sell this mod I will divide it up, so if you have the figures and mounting plate for them, I will sell you just my fading LED circuit add-ons.

#77 11 years ago

I am getting close to a working prototype PoTD mod in a LOTR machine, also I just acquired 6 more set of AoTD figures at a good price. So I have 11 sets now available and I am taking average price of all of them that I purchased to pass on a $5.00 saving to everyone....I can sell them for $30.00 a set, instead of $35.00 as stated in my last post. I feel these figures will sell fast once I post my working mod in a machine. Again, I am not taking any money from you to get one of these sets from me until I release the mod. Just a "Gentleman's agreement" is all I am requiring from you to hold a set.

#78 11 years ago

I have another PoTD figures spoken for...so now there are 10 available.

#79 11 years ago

I have 2 more sets of figures that are on hold... 8 sets are available

#80 11 years ago

Screw it. Put me down for a set. I'll use my christmas gift money to buy a set in anticipation of owning the game again eventually. 200$ for Tron not having it at the time was a bit rough, but 30$ is a no-brainer. Looking forward to seeing what actual price ends up being. The fading looks good, and while I agree separate timing would be sweet, I wouldn't be in tears if it was synchronized...not worth a lot of extra bucks for that.

#81 11 years ago

I will just need the circuits.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Screw it. Put me down for a set. I'll use my christmas gift money to buy a set in anticipation of owning the game again eventually. 200$ for Tron not having it at the time was a bit rough, but 30$ is a no-brainer. Looking forward to seeing what actual price ends up being. The fading looks good, and while I agree separate timing would be sweet, I wouldn't be in tears if it was synchronized...not worth a lot of extra bucks for that.

OK Frax and SealClubber, I both of you down... 7 sets of figures....

Frax... You just gave me another IDEA .... I might be able to adjust the fade timing of the LEDs independently from each other a different way other then I originally thought. I will do some more experiments and it this works I will post another video of them.... Thanks

#83 11 years ago

OK Frax and SealClubber, I both of you down... 7 sets of figures....
Frax... You just gave me another IDEA .... I might be able to adjust the fade timing of the LEDs independently from each other a different way other then I originally thought. I will do some more experiments and it this works I will post another video of them.... Thanks

Don't forget about me

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Don't forget about me

I got you covered ....6 left.

#85 11 years ago

Pinside is turning into the Hemi mod garage sale. Almost every thread you are in is hawking one of your wares!

In all seriousness though, keep it up.

#86 11 years ago

I tried to run 2 LEDs at different fading speeds and it will not work on one circuit as I originally thought. My brain storm, was a brain fart.. LOL

So I make up another circuit and played around with the fade timing and came up with this look. The left one is the slow one in the video of the 3 figures and the right one is the newest one that is faster. Again this is working on 2 different circuits and it will cost more to make up. I will give different options on this mod when I finalize everything so you can get the look you want for your machine.

Here is the video of the 2 different fade speeds.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

Pinside is turning into the Hemi mod garage sale. Almost every thread you are in is hawking one of your wares!
In all seriousness though, keep it up.

Sorry... I need to look into getting a website. I know nothing about how to create one... I get lots of PMs and I am just trying to make everyone happy with my mods that I create....

#88 11 years ago

I think you nailed it with the last vid. I like it. I did my own a while ago, resistor to each figure, from the GI circuit. It was fine.............. until now.

#90 11 years ago

Sorry... I need to look into getting a website. I know nothing about how to create one... I get lots of PMs and I am just trying to make everyone happy with my mods that I create....

You make things that lots of people like! I'm just saying maybe dial back the self promotion a little, also consider you would probably reach a bigger market on something like eBay.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

You make things that lots of people like! I'm just saying maybe dial back the self promotion a little, also consider you would probably reach a bigger market on something like eBay.

I understand what you are saying, but lately I have been receiving several PMs a day about the mods that I am making to these machines and this easiest way to show and I know "promote" my work in posting it on the forum. That is what I thought the modding sub-topic was about... Talking about upcoming mods, showing things you have created and seeing what people want for mods. I am not quite ready to take on the volume that eBay can expose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 7.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 18.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prototyping-video-lotr-aotd-figure-for-a-upcoming-mod-need-input-by-hemi/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.