IMG_20200307_222941 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200307_181328 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200307_181310 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200307_153118 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200307_131333 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200304_155212 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200304_155205 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200304_154752 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 5 years ago

Is the first one placed on the playfield without sticking it down to confirm hole placement and that they are all there? Curious about the prototyping portion of the process for sure. Exciting that this big step has been taken though.

3 weeks later
#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

The prototype playfield is stripped and ready to go. It will return with the first Hardtop in 4-6 weeks. When it returns we will document its installation.

Coming up on the "4" of the "4-6 week" side of things. I'm not anxious or anything.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Good things come to those who wait. The playfield was shipped 24 days ago. It is with the art department right now. I would safely guess I will not see the prototype for another 4 weeks. Sorry, but the manufacturer is a big company and this is just another product going through the line as filler work. Also, they are finishing up a few other Hardtops first.

Gotcha. Waiting is waiting, but for me I think it's easier to have some sort of time estimate. Thanks for the update.

3 weeks later
#49 5 years ago

Almost there. Can't decide it I'm feeling it, or wishing it.

3 weeks later
#50 5 years ago

I have picked up a second High Speed project, that like the one I already have will be getting a Hardtop once it’s available.

2 months later
#61 5 years ago

I have 2 High Speed machines. I actually put one back together to go on route and earn its own keep, er, Hardtop. That might happen with the second one too once the HT comes out. It's a good game and I'd be just fine having 2 out in the wild at different locations. The second one is way too worn though, so that one is still waiting and will likely be done first.

2 months later
#70 5 years ago

Cool. Looking forward to it.

3 months later
#91 4 years ago

Yusss!

I just brought my better of two (not saying much) High Speeds back on route today. It might just earn its own cosmetic upgrade.

1 month later
#156 4 years ago

The time this one has taken to come to market after announcement is a pretty big bummer. But, I'd rather know that it is getting worked on compared to when it was still yet to be announced. I too have a High Speed with a de-populated playfield. The parts are in gallon bags in the workshop and the game is sitting in the game room collecting dust. I have another HS on location that isn't as bad as this first one, but is still far from ideal.

So I'm looking at getting 2 hardtops all together. I want them to both be done the same, since they will both be routed and I'd like to do a heads up event some day with some of the local games we have duplicates of. Because of this I don't want to do a new playfield, because then I'd feel the need to do 2 playfields, and I don't want to do that on routed games. So, here I am.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I feel your pain. As the guy with the prototype game I can honestly say its been very frustrating having this drag on.All I can say is there has been alot of changes in the production process that have unfortunatly stonewalled this.It along with the issues are being worked on and I to patiently wait as we slowly progress. All I can say is when its right they will release it and not a day sooner.

I want it out, obviously, but I also want it done properly. Holes lining up, art proper, production kinks worked out, stuff like that. Take the time to get it right and then it's less headaches for everyone.

They better hurry up though, 3M stock has taken quite a hit in recent weeks/months, and the company might be depending on Hardtop production to bring them out of this slump.

1 week later
#170 4 years ago

Very exciting news. Been a long time coming, but I appreciate that updates were given and even when there wasn't a lot to report on that message was relayed.

I hadn't heard that CPR was running playfields, but my two HS will be on route after the hardtop. The first one is already, but the second one has a playfield so bad that I don't want that out before getting the Hardtop.

3 weeks later
#199 4 years ago

Take good pictures and take a lot of them, just in case. I’ve helped others with a picture at an angle they didn’t have and others have helped me out the same way.

#202 4 years ago

It’s July 1st, not April.

Seriously though that’s a bummer. Was going to make an order this weekend, but I guess that’s delayed now. No matter.

1 week later
#234 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I predict 50 restored High Speeds hitting the market in the next month or Two. In a few weeks or so, CPR ships their new playfields. (Very sold out and not taking orders btw)
[quoted image]

I have followed CPR quite close for a long time while I was waiting for Diner to be done. I have never seen them mention High Speed in all of that time. Where was this discussed? All I'm aware of is that it sounds like CPR did HS years ago and those have all been used up in projects or never come up for sale.

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

They had a pre-order like, 2yrs ago! Lol
Some schmucks have been waiting this whole time with their name on the list amd a small deposit.
No way I'd wait that long.
I and others have already been pestering them trying to fill a spot if people cancel.
They got the cnc machining done for the wood about a month ago and in que for printing. Almost ready for shipping.

Interesting. That feels like about the same time I waited for Diner to be done and don’t remember ever seeing anything on their pre-order page. My fiend and my self both have HS games that we would have signed up for had we seen them. No matter. I own both of those games now and when they re-open I will be ordering 2 HS Hardtops. I wanted to get them day one, but had some other pinball repair expenses happen to games on route so I had to pause on the Hardtop. Was going to be able to buy the day after the announcement that they are retooling. I’ll be ready to order when they are back up.

1 month later
#302 4 years ago

If you haven’t installed yet, I would try to have it swapped out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prototyping-a-hardtop-high-speed?tu=desertT1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.