IMG_20200307_222941 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200307_181328 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200307_181310 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200307_153118 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200307_131333 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200304_155212 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200304_155205 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200304_154752 (resized).jpg

There are 521 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
#151 4 years ago

No sense in trying to speculate or complain about the timeline. Those who sanded down their playfields (including myself) were warned not to do so until the product was released. I imagine those who did are only antsy for the cash that they are going to get when they sell their HS with a new hardtop. If my MPU was fully functioning I would have never have sanded it down, regardless of how trashed my pf was. What an exciting time in pinball to even have products like this and I’m just thankful I don’t have to restore my pf with acrylic paints

#152 4 years ago

I'm restoring mine to keep.

It takes up space being in pieces.

I tried the flimsy overlay and was not happy.

That's why mine was sanded.

So, we wait.....and wait some more for a better option.

Soon there will be entire playfield replacement.

My wood is old, tired, and curved.

This is my last time I will consider overlay.

The time spent sanding, clearcoating, and the fact that I still have a warped old piece of wood.....vs/ new playfield! It's a no brainer for me.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I'm restoring mine to keep.
It takes up space being in pieces.
I tried the flimsy overlay and was not happy.
That's why mine was sanded.
So, we wait.....and wait some more for a better option.
Soon there will be entire playfield replacement.
My wood is old, tired, and curved.
This is my last time I will consider overlay.
The time spent sanding, clearcoating, and the fact that I still have a warped old piece of wood.....vs/ new playfield! It's a no brainer for me.

So why not just purchase the new playfield instead if that is such a no brainer?

#154 4 years ago

Its around 6 to 8 months away, and we are sick of staring at this machine in pieces.

You ok with that?

As i said, this is the last time I'll go this route. Already deep into it.

There, now you can sleep easy tonight knowing that i hope?

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Its around 6 to 8 months away, and we are sick of staring at this machine in pieces.
You ok with that?
As i said, this is the last time I'll go this route. Already deep into it.
There, now you can sleep easy tonight knowing that i hope?

I don't care what you do. But the constant complaining in this thread is getting old. Broken record.

#156 4 years ago

The time this one has taken to come to market after announcement is a pretty big bummer. But, I'd rather know that it is getting worked on compared to when it was still yet to be announced. I too have a High Speed with a de-populated playfield. The parts are in gallon bags in the workshop and the game is sitting in the game room collecting dust. I have another HS on location that isn't as bad as this first one, but is still far from ideal.

So I'm looking at getting 2 hardtops all together. I want them to both be done the same, since they will both be routed and I'd like to do a heads up event some day with some of the local games we have duplicates of. Because of this I don't want to do a new playfield, because then I'd feel the need to do 2 playfields, and I don't want to do that on routed games. So, here I am.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The time this one has taken to come to market after announcement is a pretty big bummer.

I feel your pain. As the guy with the prototype game I can honestly say its been very frustrating having this drag on.All I can say is there has been alot of changes in the production process that have unfortunatly stonewalled this.It along with the issues are being worked on and I to patiently wait as we slowly progress. All I can say is when its right they will release it and not a day sooner.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I feel your pain. As the guy with the prototype game I can honestly say its been very frustrating having this drag on.All I can say is there has been alot of changes in the production process that have unfortunatly stonewalled this.It along with the issues are being worked on and I to patiently wait as we slowly progress. All I can say is when its right they will release it and not a day sooner.

I want it out, obviously, but I also want it done properly. Holes lining up, art proper, production kinks worked out, stuff like that. Take the time to get it right and then it's less headaches for everyone.

They better hurry up though, 3M stock has taken quite a hit in recent weeks/months, and the company might be depending on Hardtop production to bring them out of this slump.

1 week later
#159 4 years ago

Still no update?

I am asking because CPR is doing a run of HS right now. They got the pre-drilled wood, and printing art now.
They had a bunch of pre-orders....and maybe a couple new playfields not spoken for yet.

I was told maybe 4 weeks before they are done or less.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Still no update?
I am asking because CPR is doing a run of HS right now. They got the pre-drilled wood, and printing art now.
They had a bunch of pre-orders....and maybe a couple new playfields not spoken for yet.

I didn't see anything on their site about it. I'm in for anything at this point. I already found a used playfield that is in about the same condition as my original playfield before sanding it down. At this point, I'm just trying to salvage my machine as best I can.

#161 4 years ago

Well here you go. The final prototype is installed as of yesterday. I am days away from giving the final OK. There were a lot of variances between playfields that needed worked out and I believe we have done that. Outside edge does not and will not send out a Hardtop until they are as sure as they can be that its correct. We are at that point. I will post to you when I’m done with the final check. At that point production will be scheduled and you should see these for sale on their website in 2-4 weeks. Please DO NOT call or email Outside edge asking for updates. I will post to you the day they are listed. Thank you for your support and patience.
Keith
58180351923__0895F84E-FEF7-416A-AB09-050EBF27424D (002) (resized).JPG58180351923__0895F84E-FEF7-416A-AB09-050EBF27424D (002) (resized).JPG

4316BCC0-8124-480C-88FA-6E6A2A0DD030 (resized).jpeg4316BCC0-8124-480C-88FA-6E6A2A0DD030 (resized).jpegE9579A90-778A-4DD8-B7CC-335068C70F61 (resized).jpegE9579A90-778A-4DD8-B7CC-335068C70F61 (resized).jpegA8D3FEFD-86D5-42C2-BAEF-58DA8628F432 (resized).jpegA8D3FEFD-86D5-42C2-BAEF-58DA8628F432 (resized).jpeg
#162 4 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the update and all the hard work to make this happen. I will have my order in the day they are available.

#164 4 years ago

Looking good

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#165 4 years ago

Did the rollover target holes need modification? I think I read something about that in Vid's thread.

#166 4 years ago

Lordy she’s beautiful!

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Did the rollover target holes need modification? I think I read something about that in Vid's thread.

I believe you have to remove the old rollover insert, then after hardtop install you router or dremel the round hole for the new insert installation.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

I believe you have to remove the old rollover insert, then after hardtop install you router or dremel the round hole for the new insert installation.

Correct Sir

#169 4 years ago

Progress

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#170 4 years ago

Very exciting news. Been a long time coming, but I appreciate that updates were given and even when there wasn't a lot to report on that message was relayed.

I hadn't heard that CPR was running playfields, but my two HS will be on route after the hardtop. The first one is already, but the second one has a playfield so bad that I don't want that out before getting the Hardtop.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Still no update?

Are these silkscreened or digital prints?

Nothing on their website.

#172 4 years ago

Looking good.gifLooking good.gif

#173 4 years ago

I am soooo looking forward to refitting this to my High Speed. It looks like a million bucks, thanks for sharing the shot of the installed version!

#174 4 years ago

Holy cow! This looks really good! Can’t wait to breathe new life into my high speed!

#175 4 years ago

Looking really good. Excellent job!

#176 4 years ago

High Speed just got a turbo. Ladies and gentlemen the wait is over. I’m confident enough to release the product with a couple small changes that will not affect anyone or anything. They will be putting this product into production . Hopefully it will be ready in two weeks but they are big business so let’s give it four . I will let you know when it hits the website.

10580B24-9DEC-4855-BC8F-B2D631F2D18D (resized).jpeg10580B24-9DEC-4855-BC8F-B2D631F2D18D (resized).jpeg5338762A-7CD2-492D-A26A-9C5B2966FAF0 (resized).jpeg5338762A-7CD2-492D-A26A-9C5B2966FAF0 (resized).jpegCDE6BA07-C4A0-4396-81EF-29E7FE0D68CE (resized).jpegCDE6BA07-C4A0-4396-81EF-29E7FE0D68CE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#177 4 years ago

I was told production is almost complete. Days away peeps

96459D18-71D6-4CFE-A545-7AEDA8825EBA (resized).jpeg96459D18-71D6-4CFE-A545-7AEDA8825EBA (resized).jpeg
#178 4 years ago

Sounds great - thanks for being our test pin! I will watch for the hardtop.

#179 4 years ago

My poor F5 key.

Skypilot, be sure to post how HS plays with the new surface. I can only imagine the increased speed will be a benefit to the game design.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

My poor F5 key.
Skypilot, be sure to post how HS plays with the new surface. I can only imagine the increased speed will be a benefit to the game design.

They are orderable now!

#181 4 years ago

Ordered

#182 4 years ago

woo! ordered!

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

They are orderable now!

Ty for this! Ordered

#184 4 years ago

Awesome news, order placed!!

#185 4 years ago

Ordered!

#186 4 years ago

Ordered! Excited!

#187 4 years ago

Well I was going to let everyone know that Highspeed is now up for sale but.........

#188 4 years ago

Oh yeah! Order is placed!

I'm in the middle of a Robo-War restore but after that's finished...game on!

Thank you to Skypilot for working to get the prototype checked out...and thanks to Pinball Gifts for making this great product!

Robo-War eventually?

#189 4 years ago

Another order here.

#190 4 years ago

What am I going to do in the morning and night now without having to see if the hard top has been released? ORDERED!

#191 4 years ago

I just ordered one also!

#192 4 years ago

Ordered!

#193 4 years ago

This looks incredible! Thank you for your hard work, you are giving these games a new lease on life.

Quoted from Skypilot:

I was told production is almost complete. Days away peeps[quoted image]

#194 4 years ago

Ordered early last week.

Do we have to wait for production?
Any idea when these might be ready for shipping?
Could they be shipping this week? That would be cool.
We have started to forget how to re-assemble this machine.

Thanks

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Ordered early last week.
Thanks

I am happy we have a solution that is not replacing the whole playfield and I get asking the question but all your posts reflect impatience - relax.

If you are forgetting tearing down the machine - you should have taken pictures. Be happy someone has a solution for you.

This is not Amazon - niche industry doing a project for at best a couple hundred machines.

#196 4 years ago

In the announce thread Outside Edge said they would be shipping this week.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Ordered early last week.
Thanks

I’m with you on the the reassembly. If someone wouldn’t mind posting some detailed pics of their disassembly and even once the hardtop is on without the plastics installed that would be awesome!

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

I’m with you on the the reassembly. If someone wouldn’t mind posting some detailed pics of their disassembly and even once the hardtop is on without the plastics installed that would be awesome!

Same. I just tore mine down last night, but this old man brain can't remember all of the names of his children, nevertheless if that was a tall post or short post.

#199 4 years ago

Take good pictures and take a lot of them, just in case. I’ve helped others with a picture at an angle they didn’t have and others have helped me out the same way.

#200 4 years ago

Sad news folks...

ANNOUNCEMENT: As of today, July 2, 2019, no new orders will be accepted until further notice.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PLACE A NEW ORDER AT THIS TIME.

We've had to temporarily shut down operations for several months while we retool our production. Never fear, we will be resuming production of our Hardtops and Wall Graphics. We just can't take new orders or make any products until our new systems and printers are up and running.

All orders that have already been submitted will be completed and shipped on time. However, no new orders will be taken at this time. We have temporarily closed our online store.

When we are ready to take orders again, we will update this site, our Facebook page, and on Pinside.

​We look forward to getting back to business as soon as we can. Have a great summer!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
There are 521 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prototyping-a-hardtop-high-speed/page/4?hl=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.