Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 68 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 59 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDE6BA07-C4A0-4396-81EF-29E7FE0D68CE (resized).jpeg
10580B24-9DEC-4855-BC8F-B2D631F2D18D (resized).jpeg
5338762A-7CD2-492D-A26A-9C5B2966FAF0 (resized).jpeg
Looking good.gif
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A8D3FEFD-86D5-42C2-BAEF-58DA8628F432 (resized).jpeg
E9579A90-778A-4DD8-B7CC-335068C70F61 (resized).jpeg
4316BCC0-8124-480C-88FA-6E6A2A0DD030 (resized).jpeg
58180351923__0895F84E-FEF7-416A-AB09-050EBF27424D (002) (resized).JPG
E4686245-3414-4187-AB16-49A971DF86B5 (resized).jpeg
4BE89465-E40C-44EB-A21C-89431AA5AFBB (resized).jpeg
Taxiunder (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 22 days ago

No sense in trying to speculate or complain about the timeline. Those who sanded down their playfields (including myself) were warned not to do so until the product was released. I imagine those who did are only antsy for the cash that they are going to get when they sell their HS with a new hardtop. If my MPU was fully functioning I would have never have sanded it down, regardless of how trashed my pf was. What an exciting time in pinball to even have products like this and I’m just thankful I don’t have to restore my pf with acrylic paints

#152 21 days ago

I'm restoring mine to keep.

It takes up space being in pieces.

I tried the flimsy overlay and was not happy.

That's why mine was sanded.

So, we wait.....and wait some more for a better option.

Soon there will be entire playfield replacement.

My wood is old, tired, and curved.

This is my last time I will consider overlay.

The time spent sanding, clearcoating, and the fact that I still have a warped old piece of wood.....vs/ new playfield! It's a no brainer for me.

#153 21 days ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I'm restoring mine to keep.
It takes up space being in pieces.
I tried the flimsy overlay and was not happy.
That's why mine was sanded.
So, we wait.....and wait some more for a better option.
Soon there will be entire playfield replacement.
My wood is old, tired, and curved.
This is my last time I will consider overlay.
The time spent sanding, clearcoating, and the fact that I still have a warped old piece of wood.....vs/ new playfield! It's a no brainer for me.

So why not just purchase the new playfield instead if that is such a no brainer?

#154 21 days ago

Its around 6 to 8 months away, and we are sick of staring at this machine in pieces.

You ok with that?

As i said, this is the last time I'll go this route. Already deep into it.

There, now you can sleep easy tonight knowing that i hope?

#155 21 days ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Its around 6 to 8 months away, and we are sick of staring at this machine in pieces.
You ok with that?
As i said, this is the last time I'll go this route. Already deep into it.
There, now you can sleep easy tonight knowing that i hope?

I don't care what you do. But the constant complaining in this thread is getting old. Broken record.

#156 21 days ago

The time this one has taken to come to market after announcement is a pretty big bummer. But, I'd rather know that it is getting worked on compared to when it was still yet to be announced. I too have a High Speed with a de-populated playfield. The parts are in gallon bags in the workshop and the game is sitting in the game room collecting dust. I have another HS on location that isn't as bad as this first one, but is still far from ideal.

So I'm looking at getting 2 hardtops all together. I want them to both be done the same, since they will both be routed and I'd like to do a heads up event some day with some of the local games we have duplicates of. Because of this I don't want to do a new playfield, because then I'd feel the need to do 2 playfields, and I don't want to do that on routed games. So, here I am.

#157 21 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The time this one has taken to come to market after announcement is a pretty big bummer.

I feel your pain. As the guy with the prototype game I can honestly say its been very frustrating having this drag on.All I can say is there has been alot of changes in the production process that have unfortunatly stonewalled this.It along with the issues are being worked on and I to patiently wait as we slowly progress. All I can say is when its right they will release it and not a day sooner.

#158 21 days ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I feel your pain. As the guy with the prototype game I can honestly say its been very frustrating having this drag on.All I can say is there has been alot of changes in the production process that have unfortunatly stonewalled this.It along with the issues are being worked on and I to patiently wait as we slowly progress. All I can say is when its right they will release it and not a day sooner.

I want it out, obviously, but I also want it done properly. Holes lining up, art proper, production kinks worked out, stuff like that. Take the time to get it right and then it's less headaches for everyone.

They better hurry up though, 3M stock has taken quite a hit in recent weeks/months, and the company might be depending on Hardtop production to bring them out of this slump.

1 week later
#159 9 days ago

Still no update?

I am asking because CPR is doing a run of HS right now. They got the pre-drilled wood, and printing art now.
They had a bunch of pre-orders....and maybe a couple new playfields not spoken for yet.

I was told maybe 4 weeks before they are done or less.

#160 9 days ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Still no update?
I am asking because CPR is doing a run of HS right now. They got the pre-drilled wood, and printing art now.
They had a bunch of pre-orders....and maybe a couple new playfields not spoken for yet.

I didn't see anything on their site about it. I'm in for anything at this point. I already found a used playfield that is in about the same condition as my original playfield before sanding it down. At this point, I'm just trying to salvage my machine as best I can.

#161 9 days ago

Well here you go. The final prototype is installed as of yesterday. I am days away from giving the final OK. There were a lot of variances between playfields that needed worked out and I believe we have done that. Outside edge does not and will not send out a Hardtop until they are as sure as they can be that its correct. We are at that point. I will post to you when I’m done with the final check. At that point production will be scheduled and you should see these for sale on their website in 2-4 weeks. Please DO NOT call or email Outside edge asking for updates. I will post to you the day they are listed. Thank you for your support and patience.
Keith
58180351923__0895F84E-FEF7-416A-AB09-050EBF27424D (002) (resized).JPG

4316BCC0-8124-480C-88FA-6E6A2A0DD030 (resized).jpegE9579A90-778A-4DD8-B7CC-335068C70F61 (resized).jpegA8D3FEFD-86D5-42C2-BAEF-58DA8628F432 (resized).jpeg
#162 9 days ago

Awesome, thanks for the update and all the hard work to make this happen. I will have my order in the day they are available.

#164 8 days ago

Looking good

image (resized).jpg
#165 8 days ago

Did the rollover target holes need modification? I think I read something about that in Vid's thread.

#166 8 days ago

Lordy she’s beautiful!

#167 8 days ago
Quoted from RobF:

Did the rollover target holes need modification? I think I read something about that in Vid's thread.

I believe you have to remove the old rollover insert, then after hardtop install you router or dremel the round hole for the new insert installation.

#168 8 days ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

I believe you have to remove the old rollover insert, then after hardtop install you router or dremel the round hole for the new insert installation.

Correct Sir

#169 7 days ago

Progress

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#170 7 days ago

Very exciting news. Been a long time coming, but I appreciate that updates were given and even when there wasn't a lot to report on that message was relayed.

I hadn't heard that CPR was running playfields, but my two HS will be on route after the hardtop. The first one is already, but the second one has a playfield so bad that I don't want that out before getting the Hardtop.

#171 7 days ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Still no update?

Are these silkscreened or digital prints?

Nothing on their website.

#172 7 days ago

Looking good.gif

#173 7 days ago

I am soooo looking forward to refitting this to my High Speed. It looks like a million bucks, thanks for sharing the shot of the installed version!

#174 7 days ago

Holy cow! This looks really good! Can’t wait to breathe new life into my high speed!

#175 6 days ago

Looking really good. Excellent job!

#176 6 days ago

High Speed just got a turbo. Ladies and gentlemen the wait is over. I’m confident enough to release the product with a couple small changes that will not affect anyone or anything. They will be putting this product into production . Hopefully it will be ready in two weeks but they are big business so let’s give it four . I will let you know when it hits the website.

10580B24-9DEC-4855-BC8F-B2D631F2D18D (resized).jpeg5338762A-7CD2-492D-A26A-9C5B2966FAF0 (resized).jpegCDE6BA07-C4A0-4396-81EF-29E7FE0D68CE (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Muskegon, MI
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside