IMG_20200307_222941 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200307_181328 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200307_181310 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200307_153118 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200307_131333 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200304_155212 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200304_155205 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200304_154752 (resized).jpg

There are 521 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 5 years ago

Any word on estimated date? I’m waiting to order one as well!

#52 5 years ago

Although I expect the prototype to be shipped to me in August I have no firm updates.

4 weeks later
#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Although I expect the prototype to be shipped to me in August I have no firm updates.

Anything????

#55 5 years ago

Hey sky pilot. Don't mean to jump thread but do you think a eight ball deluxe will ever be made

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Shannyman:

Hey sky pilot. Don't mean to jump thread but do you think a eight ball deluxe will ever be made

Most likely

1 month later
#57 5 years ago

To SkyPilot or Outside Edge, any update or a rough idea when High Speed will be available? Love your product, bought a High Speed just for the Hardtop treatment. Thanks!

#59 5 years ago

Bueller?

#60 5 years ago

Yeah, I’m still waiting too!

#61 5 years ago

I have 2 High Speed machines. I actually put one back together to go on route and earn its own keep, er, Hardtop. That might happen with the second one too once the HT comes out. It's a good game and I'd be just fine having 2 out in the wild at different locations. The second one is way too worn though, so that one is still waiting and will likely be done first.

#62 5 years ago

Ive got one with a really nice cabinet I am saving for a hardtop. With the re-done playfield and a new back glass, it will be a very nice machine.

#63 5 years ago

So Mata Hari is now done and FG also. High Speed is well under way and I will post when I see the prototype land at my door. I was told to expect it soon.

#64 5 years ago

Thanks for the update SkyPilot, looking fwd to it.

3 weeks later
#65 5 years ago

Following! I'm in for one of these as soon as they are released!!

I sanded my trashed HS playfield and installed an overlay from Classic Arcades, but it's not given me the result I was hoping for. The playfield is now very slow and recently (2 months after installation) some lines near "Radar Detector" have actually started to lift from the artwork and created ridges that deflect the ball all over the place. It looks like I get to strip the playfield all over again but I am so excited to see that a hardtop solution for HS is in the queue!

John

1 month later
#66 5 years ago

Joining the queue.

#67 5 years ago

Is this thing still coming before Christmas?

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is this thing still coming before Christmas?

On the other hardtop forum topic he said no and stated he would not do dates of machines, which is understandable.

But it is next and he said he would document it on Pinside when he was testing it.

#69 5 years ago

I was informed yesterday that the High Speed Hardtop prototype is just about done. I should see it in the next couple of weeks. I will do my best to get it installed quickly so we can move to production(barring any issues).

#70 5 years ago

Cool. Looking forward to it.

1 month later
#71 5 years ago

Any update on the High Speed hardtop?

#72 5 years ago

UPDATE:
I have given up on the High Speed hardtop ever happening.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

UPDATE:
I have given up on the High Speed hardtop ever happening.

Well considering my high-speed is in parts and my playfield is sitting at their shop, I have not. It will go into production. I did speak with Bruce the other day and he remarked that to more slight changes needed to be made and then he will send me the prototype. We are both frustrated at the time frame but it is coming.

#74 5 years ago

Have faith

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#75 5 years ago

Thanks. Know you'll get it done. Just a moment of minor pinball delay despair.

#76 5 years ago

Slow speed hardtop! Lol just kidding take your time and make it right!

1 week later
#77 5 years ago

Also want this real bad. Love my highspeed but love shiny playfields even more

#78 5 years ago

Please keep us updated, just saying "still waiting" every couple weeks helps. I will take quality over delivery every time...

#79 5 years ago

I wish I had another update. Last week they were supposedly tweeking a few last details on my prototype

4 weeks later
#80 5 years ago

I need One too! Count me in on buying One.

bump

#81 5 years ago

Yup. Yes sir-ey bob.

2 weeks later
#82 4 years ago

And then......?

#83 4 years ago

Look what landed at the Ohio show. I hope to get it installed in coming weeks. We are closer tot the end.

A6652931-4780-40AF-AE94-AC4AD5DD9570 (resized).jpegA6652931-4780-40AF-AE94-AC4AD5DD9570 (resized).jpeg
#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Look what landed at the Ohio show. I hope to get it installed in coming weeks. We are closer tot the end.
[quoted image]

I hope I can see this in person tomorrow at the show

#85 4 years ago

Awesome!! Based on the number of worn out HS playfields I've seen over the years this will EASILY be a top seller! Probably only to be topped by an 8BD hardtop.....

#86 4 years ago

Sweet! This makes the high speed I just purchased actually worth purchasing lol.

#87 4 years ago

I can't wait for this to come out, and we are close! it seems that because this adds a small bit of extra thickness that there will be a bit of finagling to get the transition for the ramp to be good.

#88 4 years ago

Finally some progress. For a second there I thought the Star Wars topper would come out first. Good news.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I hope I can see this in person tomorrow at the show

I’m sorry but I was only able to attend the show on Thursday and Friday. The prototype has left the building.

#90 4 years ago

Great news.

#91 4 years ago

Yusss!

I just brought my better of two (not saying much) High Speeds back on route today. It might just earn its own cosmetic upgrade.

#92 4 years ago

OK so back to business. My apologies to everyone for such a long wait on this Hardtop.Now that I have the prototype in my possession going to give it a once over. I need to look at all the holes punched all the artwork and make sure all the inserts are clear on the hardtop and everything lines up. I found a couple discrepancies that I need to report back to outside edge. Luckily these will not hold up production they are simple fix. If you notice in the photos are two areas that are white that need to be clear. No big deal they can fix this on the file in minutes.

60E82913-1FE1-4D54-B654-164F85805DE7 (resized).jpeg60E82913-1FE1-4D54-B654-164F85805DE7 (resized).jpeg623E2B80-20B1-4D59-AC65-9B3E5BDA88C3 (resized).jpeg623E2B80-20B1-4D59-AC65-9B3E5BDA88C3 (resized).jpegB1612FA3-2EAD-4055-9C21-C977586B3350 (resized).jpegB1612FA3-2EAD-4055-9C21-C977586B3350 (resized).jpeg
#93 4 years ago

Everything seems to look in order so I’m gonna go ahead and start sanding down the playfield.I was fortunate enough to come across another game at Expo that is a basket case that I can use if I need to double check any of the reassembly.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#94 4 years ago

Playfield sanded and ready for some clearcoat. So originally we were sanding these down to a fine grit to get the inserts shiny. The other method was to sand them down to around a 400 grit and then clear everything. It’s important that all the inserts have no writing on them and when you shoot clear over them they look bright and clean with no scratches. Anything you see on the playfield before you put on the hardtop will project through. So my play field is now sanded and ready to shoot some clear.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

.Now that I have the prototype in my possession going to give it a once over. I need to look at all the holes punched all the artwork and make sure all the inserts are clear on the hardtop and everything lines up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks so much for being very detail oriented. I know the HS community greatly appreciates it.

Can't wait for this to release!

1 week later
#96 4 years ago

ETA for this??

My machine is stripped for months.

Tried flimsy overlay. Fit poor, looked bad. Ripped it off and waiting for this.

We are going to forget how to re-assemble the playfield if we wait any longer! lol

CHOP CHOP!

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

ETA for this??
My machine is stripped for months.
Tried flimsy overlay. Fit poor, looked bad. Ripped it off and waiting for this.
We are going to forget how to re-assemble the playfield if we wait any longer! lol
CHOP CHOP!

Ha that makes two of us but I sanded mine all the way down and cleared the inserts . It must be a Richmond thing hahaha

#98 4 years ago

Mine is fully sanded and cleared.

I'm Scott Hudson. West End Richmond native.
All my machines are at my work.
Near Glenside and West Broad St.
I do CNC machining, 3d printing, CAD/CAM stuff.
Titanium implants for Dental use.

20190329_170424 (resized).jpg20190329_170424 (resized).jpg

#100 4 years ago

does anyone know a good place to get those blue hotdog inserts? I can't seem to find them anywhere!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 521 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prototyping-a-hardtop-high-speed/page/2?hl=zephee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.