Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

oh-come-on-why-do-your-mods-always-come-out-after-someone-else-has-already-done-the-same-thing (resized).jpg
OLD refinery Aero  from website (resized).jpg
refinery bat 66 02 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I am bench testing this Hyperspace lighting effects for a Star Wars LE back glass and I would like to see if there's any interest for this mod.... I made 2 videos and it will still use the machine's normal backlighting and it will just add the effect of the hyperspace to it.

Please let me know what you think,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#2 1 year ago

I think somebody needs to sell me their LE translite so I can pick this up haha. Very cool Steve!

#3 1 year ago

Yeah I want one of those in a swap box!

#4 1 year ago

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have it installed in the machine and I'll make another video....

More Star Wars mods are coming very soon, including powder coating

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#5 1 year ago

I will take one.

#6 1 year ago

Count me in steave!!!

#7 1 year ago

Wow, is that gonna switch off the stock lights and do this during certain modes? Sick.

#8 1 year ago

I will be posting some pictures and videos of this machine tomorrow. I am adding a bunch of upgrades to it and would like to finish it before posting any pictures of this Pinball Refinery Edition of a Star Wars LE.

Hang in there,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#9 1 year ago

That's pretty cool and based on your post, will get even better. Almost makes me like the LE over the Premium.

#10 1 year ago

I’ll take one also please

#11 1 year ago

Tomorrow was yesterday let's go!!!

#12 1 year ago

I know... I know..

Here's a video of the backbox inside in the machine. I'm working on getting brighter LEDs and more of a stream trailer lighting effects..I should have them by next week. I'll make another one and post a video of that version. Also check out the speaker lighting effects.

I want to get the right look for this backbox that it deserves.

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#13 1 year ago

Very cool!

#14 1 year ago

I would get one for sure!

#15 1 year ago

And how do I get the speaker mod?

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Speakerlightkits.com

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Speakerlightkits.com

Thanks

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Actually... I made these speaker lighting for this SWLE... I will be offering them as well when I have everything finalized.

Also, I've been making speaker lighting effects for years...

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

www.speakerlightkits.com

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Actually... i made these speaker lighting for this SWLE... I will be offering them as well when I have everything finalized.

My bad. I thought they were the same ones I have. Sorry.
The more recent version of the backbox effect looks less dramatic than the first. Are the effects going to vary throughout the game? You just keep teasing us!

#21 1 year ago

Well they are less dramatic because the machine's GI lights... This is why I'm going to be trying some brighter ones and build another one...

Currently they will be on all the time.

#22 1 year ago

Actually... i made these speaker lighting for this SWLE... I will be offering them as well when I have everything finalized.

Seems a strange coincidence that you starting making Speaker Light Kits like that AFTER I did. It seems you had been making them completely differently before then. SEE ATTACHMENTS.

refinery bat 66 02 (resized).jpg

OLD refinery Aero from website (resized).jpg

oh-come-on-why-do-your-mods-always-come-out-after-someone-else-has-already-done-the-same-thing (resized).jpg

#23 1 year ago

Actually... I made these speaker lighting for this SWLE... I will be offering them as well when I have everything finalized.
Also, I've been making speaker lighting effects for years...

Yes...after you copied them from me...and here we are again.

As illustrated in the pictures above... you have been making them for SPIKE 2 games for almost a year. So why the sudden change to the better looking "full grill lighting" style?

#24 1 year ago

Well... my customer required it this way in his SWLE, so I made it for him. I get my mods copied all the time and don't say anything. I'm not here to cause drama just give options.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

As illustrated in the pictures above... you have been making them for SPIKE 2 games for almost a year. So why the sudden change to the better looking "full grill lighting" style?

Damn dude. Unless you have a copyright on these, you aren’t impressing me. I’ve dealt with Steve, and he’s an upstanding guy. You’re coming off as whining about competition.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I have given more thought to my post and have had a change of heart. Doug has been there for a long time with his speaker lights and has made a name for himself and spent considerable time developing these. To come along and steal someone’s idea is sort of douchey. I had he same feeling with the knockoff pinstadium lights Steve “made” that again is someone’s hard work (Scott) Small hobby when you boil it down. Money is not everything, integrity as has been discussed in the other thread is a huge part. A lot of mods that Steve made could have been copied but people showed respect. I guess it should go both ways.

Ok putting the old soap box away.

#27 1 year ago

Well... my customer required it this way in his SWLE, so I made it for him. I get my mods copied all the time and don't say anything. I'm not here to cause drama just give options.

What is your price going to be on this "option"? Are you including acrylic design "options" too or are you going to attempt to order the designs from me again?

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

What is your price going to be on this "option"? Are you including acrylic design "options" too?

Ok, please stop. You aren’t interested in buying...we all know that. Move on to another thread.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok, please stop. You aren’t interested in buying...we all know that. Move on to another thread.

I'm done posting about "his" speaker light kit "option" on this thread. I will probably make a standalone thread about that.

As for the hyperspace mod...I think it looks like a good idea. I actually sent a link to this thread to my friend that has a SW: LE last night.

#30 1 year ago

If there are no copyrights, trademarks, or patents being infringed, stop whining. Someone maybe copied someone; whoopee. It's called competition.

3 weeks later
#31 1 year ago

Here is the final version of my Star Wars LE Hyperspace back box lighting... It is on all the time and it a great effect to this translite.

I will have them available to order soon on my website and I will post a link on this thread as well.

Thanks,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#32 1 year ago

i like the effect, but it goes on too long
should be zip zip and then back to steady

#33 1 year ago

I’m sure there are things going on I wouldn’t be able to figure out, but I like the stars-zipping-past effect in the first video better. I am also wondering about play field glass reflection if it will be on all the time, I have the back glass lights set to dim pretty low during gameplay.

#34 1 year ago

Looks awesome, if I had an LE I'd be all over this.

One Nitpick: the light effect going thru Chewie's head is distracting. You can barely see the one thru Han, but the Chewie one caught my eye immediately. A piece of black electric tape in the right place would solve that....

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I’m sure there are things going on I wouldn’t be able to figure out, but I like the stars-zipping-past effect in the first video better. I am also wondering about play field glass reflection if it will be on all the time, I have the back glass lights set to dim pretty low during gameplay.

Well... I can do either versions... Personally I like the second version, but I can do both. I have not changed the factory settings in the back glass.. If you were to dim it the effect would be better.

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#36 1 year ago

This effect should be during hyperspace only. Is there any way to do that? 'Always on' would be a bit to much and losing impact in my eyes.

If you can limit it to show only during hyperspace ramp activation (by triggering it with the 2nd magnet) I'm in.

3 months later
#37 1 year ago

Any news on this?

#38 11 months ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

Any news on this?

I'd be interested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 279.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside