Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Slugmeister
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3979.JPG
IMG_3980.JPG
IMG_3978.JPG

#1 4 years ago

Hey All,

I just picked up a No Fear yesterday and while going through the game last night I noticed all the playfield circuit boards are red. Also while checking the backbox before bringing the game home I noticed all boards in the head have the exact same serial number with no hacks which was nice to see.

I did a bit of research on ipdb and found that Greg Freres mentioned that earlier games came out with a different translate. Apparently the ski outfit that Glenn Plake is wearing in the regular production run has a red and black combo vs the all yellow outfit that he painted on the illustration. He mentions that about 200 translites were printed to cover the 'yellow' run of translites, and then they fixed the art and printed the rest of the normal production translites with the new colors 'red and black'.

So with information it leads me to believe that this game is possibly from the proto run. Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a proto run or a sample run game?

I have attached a few pictures of the game. Game is in great shape with only minor fade on the cabinet so I feel that I picked up a pretty good deal yesterday.

IMG_3978.JPG
IMG_3979.JPG
IMG_3980.JPG

#2 4 years ago

cool find. I would say it's a sample game. protos were usually around 5-10 games. samples were first 200ish. looks like yours was #30.
congrats on a really great find! alternate translite is to coolest part!

#3 4 years ago

I would say prototype with those boards.I have a sample and only a couple of the small 1-2 light boards are red.Nice find anyway.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PinSound
$ 37.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside