Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Is there any extra value in prototype manuals? I have a nice condition Doctor Who prototype white manual that has all the moving Dalek head info. I don't have a porotype game though. so just checking on the value -- I would think a prototype owner would want it. Maybe they are worth less than regular or more?

#2 2 years ago

Eh, not really. Unless they have info on a feature that was removed. Most of the time, prototype manuals are interesting but not practical, since it basically means "preliminary".

For practical purposes, it's better to have the latest version of a manual, the schematics, or any other relevant paperwork.

Later versions usually have corrections and updates prior versions might not have. Prior versions may have errors or omissions.

But in cases where there are details for a missing or prototype feature that was later removed, I suppose it could have some value to prototype game owners. It just probably won't be worth a large fortune since most things have been scanned and are available as PDFs at this point.

Long story short short, it's probably worth about the same as any other manual in nice condition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 110.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prototype-manuals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.