• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0826.JPG
#1 14 years ago

It took some time to figure out, but now i am sertain. I have got a prototype Hook.

The easiest way to recognise a Prototype is by the spinning disc behind the backglass. I made a movie of it :

Problem is that currently the machine runs software version 4.08 and that version doesn't make the disc spin

According to Tim Seckel the designer thare ware made betweer 25 and 100 prototypes. Does anybody knows someone with a prototype and the original software version? It would be fun to have the disc doing what it should do.

IMG_0826.JPGIMG_0826.JPG

#2 14 years ago

Thats pretty cool - hows that working - whats the back glass look like when its not spinning

#3 14 years ago

Congratulations on having a rarity .. that is really going to be a tough one to find.
I even looked here:

http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Roms/Pinball/Sega-DataEast/

And like IPDB it doesn't have the 4.01 CPU firmware for that machine.

#4 14 years ago

Thanks Brokedad, i've got the 4.01 version, but that one doesn't support the spinning disc ether

#5 14 years ago

Hey Ben, thanks for the video. I never even knew that Hook had such a feature. Looks pretty amazing! Could you tell some more about how the device actually works? Are there LEDs in that wheel?

2 years later
#6 11 years ago

Hi, I am after some Hook playfield plastics and have looked everywhere can anbody help me out????????

#7 11 years ago

Well, I know this thread is 2+ years old, but there are prototype ROMS on IPDB if you still have it

2 years later
#8 9 years ago

And 2 more years later. Anyone ever think of doing a mod for this? Kind of like the retro fitting of the sinking building on Earthshaker.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

And 2 more years later. Anyone ever think of doing a mod for this? Kind of like the retro fitting of the sinking building on Earthshaker.

That would be cool if they did!

I've been holding out for a Hook with the spinning glass...Seems all of these are overseas.

#10 9 years ago

This would be sweet, if any modders out there decide to give it a go, I'd be happy to be a tester, just let me know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prototype-hook and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.