Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by adii
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I'm shopping around for a NIB title while keeping an eye out for one to pop up in the used market. I've reached out via email to two distributors. One through their website, and one that posted here on pinside. How long does it usually take to hear back from distributors?

I know these are business people. I'm sure they're busy and I'm not trying to call anyone out or be a jerk. But do you have to chase these guys down to give them your money?

I guess now that phone calls are better but if I were a busy dealer, I'd rather get emails from someone like me who may be a month out from purchasing, or possibly buy one used instead.

Any NIB buying experiences you can share would be appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

When I have emailed or called during business hours they have gotten right back to me. Try Cointaker and Pinball Refinery.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from adii:

I'm shopping around for a NIB title while keeping an eye out for one to pop up in the used market. I've reached out via email to two distributors. One through their website, and one that posted here on pinside. How long does it usually take to hear back from distributors?
I know these are business people. I'm sure they're busy and I'm not trying to call anyone out or be a jerk. But do you have to chase these guys down to give them your money?
I guess now that phone calls are better but if I were a busy dealer, I'd rather get emails from someone like me who may be a month out from purchasing, or possibly buy one used instead.
Any NIB buying experiences you can share would be appreciated.

Might help to add the title you are looking for and link the game title on the above left.

#4 10 years ago

Trent from tilt .

#5 10 years ago

OP: I have had the same types of experience trying to hand over my money as you. They won't return calls or emails for days, if ever. Business must be great that they can just take their sweet time answering calls from people wanting to hand over 7k+ for a machine. I will say that Gio at Pinball refinery answered all my emails promptly and even though they are further away from me I will be giving all my NIB business to them just because of the way they have treated me. I will not do any business with my local distributors any more!

#6 10 years ago

Well, if you are having a hard time trying to get a hold of them to buy it...one would have to think, what will happen if I need warranty work. I personally would want to deal with a dealer who is available to me before and after the sale.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Well, if you are having a hard time trying to get a hold of them to buy it...one would have to think, what will happen if I need warranty work. I personally would want to deal with a dealer who is available to me before and after the sale.

Good point.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Might help to add the title you are looking for and link the game title on the above left.

TFLE, and done. The used prices are so good right now that I'd do that first. But, I'd probably hang on to it so I don't mind going NIB.

I've considered ST, Xmen, even ACDC (not family friendly), and I think TFLE will be the biggest hit at my house and the prices make it a winner in my book.

#9 10 years ago

If it were me, I'd wait until another really nice one comes up from a pinsider to buy that one. I've seen several low play HUO's that are great deals and like "Nib".

With so many new pins coming out there will be a ton of these and everything else available. You go Nib and you way overpay imo.

#10 10 years ago

If you have waited more than two days for a response I would move onto another distributor. To your point, you should not have to follow-up and try to give someone your money! I would go to another dist and see what happens. Once you buy a machine I would send an email to the other dist, the ones that didnt respond, and tastefully advise them that you tried to do business with them but wound up purchasing from someone else due to the lack of response from them. Again, do this tastefully as I would think any owner of a business would want to know why they last a potential sale.

#11 10 years ago

I've had the same problem with my local distributors over the years...calls, emails - never returned. Even walked in with cash to buy an NIB game and they made it seem like it was a total hassle for them to do business with me. It is true that I am not a local operator and won't be buying every new game that comes out, but their actions/attitudes caused me to go elsewhere for my needs for years (and pretty much everyone I have talked to in the area has had a a similar experience). I hope to try to build a relationship with them through our local pinball league so that we can all benefit...but not holding my breath on that either.

#12 10 years ago

I try and Respond within an hour. And most of the time I achieve this.. I find If I don't reply quickly that I get such a large volume of emails it can get missed. I my Email, PM's all go right to my blackberry for reply (yes I still have a blackberry)

JJ

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I try and Respond within an hour.

I can confirm this. JJ has been great.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If it were me, I'd wait until another really nice one comes up from a pinsider to buy that one. I've seen several low play HUO's that are great deals and like "Nib".
With so many new pins coming out there will be a ton of these and everything else available. You go Nib and you way overpay imo.

Yeah I've waited this long, so that really would be the better way to go. It would be nice to get one that was already dialed in too. I'll be patient.

I just get like this every few months and want that NIB experience.

#15 10 years ago

Phone works best. Cointaker is who I buy from, they answer the phone and have good prices but others are great too.

Don't count on pinside PM to get to them, or don't expect them to call you, just get on the phone and you can compare prices.

#16 10 years ago

Never any problem with Cointaker or Trent at Tilt

#17 10 years ago

I recommend giving Michael Pupo a call, he was above and beyond helpful, and I will def be giving him my future business .
610.375.6480 business

[email protected]

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I try and Respond within an hour. And most of the time I achieve this.. I find If I don't reply quickly that I get such a large volume of emails it can get missed. I my Email, PM's all go right to my blackberry for reply (yes I still have a blackberry)
JJ

Although I have never bought a machine from a dealer, every time I've asked JJ @ GEX, for a price quote, he has always answered me within minutes. So 2 thumbs up for JJ. He's a Great guy too.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks for all of the input. I'm on the right track now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protocol-for-buying-nib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.