View topic image gallery

08D20234-AB29-4F89-8059-D15E70399ABD (resized).jpeg
blurryface (resized).jpg
Nurse_Ratchet-in_control (resized).jpg
inch-worm-clipart-4 (resized).png
IMG_20170730_130249691 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_0105 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Okay Pinsiders, I am desperately pleading with everyone who posts photos anywhere on this site to please take the time to make sure your pics are in focus with ample lighting. Post after post of fuzzy, blurry, and dark pics is driving me crazy recently. There is really no logical reason with today's high quality and simple to use cameras and cell phones that you cant take a good photo. I'm not looking for the perfect lighting, artistry, or anything like that. Rather, I just want to be able to make out what the pic is of without getting eye strain or a headache.

Anyway, just a PSA from me to everyone. No intention to callout any individuals, and often times pics are posted with the good intention of trying to help out fellow Pinsiders. Just be sure to take multiple pics of your subject, proof them before posting, and if you do post a bad pic then by all means delete it and try again.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do those that can't afford a fancy camera get a pass? It's not their fault the digital age has left them with crap.

Just encouraging everyone who post pics to make sure they are in focus. If you camera's resolution is not up to standard than that is fine, as even low pixel count cameras still have the ability to focus on a subject. We can all turn lights on in the room or on our pin when needed, and I know we can all hold the camera still at the proper focal distance for the shot whenever we need to.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

What about people that post games for sale in the market place without any photos at all??

Well, that is to their detriment.

1 week later
#30 6 years ago

Some of the things I really like about Pinside are the comradery, smata$$ary, and overall sense of humor of most participants. Thanks to everyone for taking this thread beyond my expectations.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

You're missing the point as this is done on purpose to hide the condition of machine just like the even-more-common cropping of pics so that edges of machine are not shown. Taking pics in the dark is another common way to hide information.

Don't think I'm missing the point. What you state is indeed factual in many cases regarding selling a pin, especially on CL. However, what drove me to the brink is people posting pics to show off their pin's new mod, new led lighting, where their ball got stuck, a zoom in to show you how they did a repair, etc. (i.e. no ulterior motive). Rather, just pure photographic ineptitude, "who gives a rip" mentality, or pure laziness to review photos first and to retake them when they suck! I don't expect everyone to be an Ansel Adams or to even know or understand camera jargon and technical terms. I just want them to be able to hold a camera steady, make sure their lighting is sufficient, focus, then press the shutter button. Either do it right or don't do it at all, is this really too much to ask?

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I Posted 2 Ads on Craigslist, detailed description, and 10 clear photos of each machine.
Got low-balled 3 times.
Back to blurry, vague Ads.
Your suggestions are worthless.

That's just the sewer that is CL.

1 year later
#42 5 years ago

How about everyone link to examples of bad photos on Pinside (sort of like the color puke thread)? I still see it regularly, so time to shame these guys.

#44 5 years ago

Another photo posting faux pas: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1015-rock-custom-pinball/02224-shooter-lane-illumination-mod

I just love clicking on a thumbnail in order to view a larger image with more detail only to see a photos that is the same size or slightly larger than the thumbnail.

2 weeks later
1 year later
#47 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Maybe there’s a secret message in the blurry pics
?

Darn you. Now I have a headache and blurry vision.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protesting-all-pinside-posts-with-blurry-photos?tu=Mr_Tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.