2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

blurryface (resized).jpg
Nurse_Ratchet-in_control (resized).jpg
inch-worm-clipart-4 (resized).png
IMG_20170730_130249691 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_0105 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Okay Pinsiders, I am desperately pleading with everyone who posts photos anywhere on this site to please take the time to make sure your pics are in focus with ample lighting. Post after post of fuzzy, blurry, and dark pics is driving me crazy recently. There is really no logical reason with today's high quality and simple to use cameras and cell phones that you cant take a good photo. I'm not looking for the perfect lighting, artistry, or anything like that. Rather, I just want to be able to make out what the pic is of without getting eye strain or a headache.

Anyway, just a PSA from me to everyone. No intention to callout any individuals, and often times pics are posted with the good intention of trying to help out fellow Pinsiders. Just be sure to take multiple pics of your subject, proof them before posting, and if you do post a bad pic then by all means delete it and try again.

#2 2 years ago

Do those that can't afford a fancy camera get a pass? It's not their fault the digital age has left them with crap.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do those that can't afford a fancy camera get a pass? It's not their fault the digital age has left them with crap.

By fancy camera do you mean every cellphone made in the last 10 years?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just encouraging everyone who post pics to make sure they are in focus. If you camera's resolution is not up to standard than that is fine, as even low pixel count cameras still have the ability to focus on a subject. We can all turn lights on in the room or on our pin when needed, and I know we can all hold the camera still at the proper focal distance for the shot whenever we need to.

#5 2 years ago

If you can afford a pinball machine, you can afford one of those fancy cameras.

#6 2 years ago

(Tempted to post a Greatest Hits of Pinside's Blurry Photos here just to tweak the OP...)

#7 2 years ago

There's gonna be a lot of clear backglass reflections of people taking pictures in their underwear because of this movement!

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Tempted to post a Greatest Hits of Pinside's Blurry Photos here just to tweak the OP...

I have one. Trying to get a real life picture of the patented beelzeboob bang back slap save of death maneuver without spilling a drop of beer or missing a bite of pizza. Taken before he even got close to a pinball machine.

LTG : )

IMG_0105 (resized).JPG

#9 2 years ago

What about people that post games for sale in the market place without any photos at all??

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

What about people that post games for sale in the market place without any photos at all??

They don't sell many games.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Well, that is to their detriment.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, that is to their detriment.

But doesn't it frustrate you just as much, or more?

Perhaps they remember the days of paying by the word for an add in the Sunday classifieds?

#13 2 years ago

I hate blurry photos!

#14 2 years ago

Took this out in the woods today

image (resized).jpeg

#15 2 years ago

That's just some Greek guy.

#16 2 years ago

I think some of the pics are meant to be somewhat unclear so the condition of the machine is somewhat unclear.... unfortunately.

#17 2 years ago

I had an eBay machine that had a couple of really nice clear pictures and a couple that were just a "little" fuzzy. The description said it had a little smoke damage from a warehouse fire and one of the clear pictures showed that. After driving 4 hours to pick it up let's just say the fuzzy pictures made sense then. It said in a warehouse fire not that it WAS the warehouse fire. If I see one single bad picture I now think they are purposely trying to rip me off.

#18 2 years ago

IMG_20170730_130249691 (resized).jpg

#19 2 years ago

You said you'd never share the picture of my penis with anyone.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I hate blurry photos!

Focus please...

#21 2 years ago

inch-worm-clipart-4 (resized).png

#22 2 years ago

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's just some Greek guy.

That Big Foot is female, there are breasts in that photo. Most people do not see them.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That Big Foot is female, there are breasts in that photo. Most people do not see them.

So? He's a middle-aged Greek. I've got those breasts, too. Just not all the hair.

#25 2 years ago

Fuzzy ? Blurry ? When my alcool level is right they looked allright to me

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Come one man. You can get a digital camera with all the stuff needed to get the pics on your computer for less than 100 bucks.

1 week later
#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay Pinsiders, I am desperately pleading with everyone who posts photos anywhere on this site to please take the time to make sure your pics are in focus with ample lighting. Post after post of fuzzy, blurry, and dark pics is driving me crazy recently. There is really no logical reason with today's high quality and simple to use cameras and cell phones that you cant take a good photo. I'm not looking for the perfect lighting, artistry, or anything like that. Rather, I just want to be able to make out what the pic is of without getting eye strain or a headache.
Anyway, just a PSA from me to everyone. No intention to callout any individuals, and often times pics are posted with the good intention of trying to help out fellow Pinsiders. Just be sure to take multiple pics of your subject, proof them before posting, and if you do post a bad pic then by all means delete it and try again.

A few examples to help clarify further as per my understanding:
* Although some of the hospital staff in the background are slightly out of focus, we can Clearly see that Nurse Ratchet is not happy with Billy at that particular moment.
Nurse_Ratchet-in_control (resized).jpg
* In focus good enough to read the letters on her sash.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

....username checks out.

(Seriously though, cleaner pictures = easier to give/receive help.)

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

In focus good enough to read the letters on her sash.

#30 2 years ago

Some of the things I really like about Pinside are the comradery, smata$$ary, and overall sense of humor of most participants. Thanks to everyone for taking this thread beyond my expectations.

#31 2 years ago

You're missing the point as this is done on purpose to hide the condition of machine just like the even-more-common cropping of pics so that edges of machine are not shown. Taking pics in the dark is another common way to hide information.

If this were a chess game, the first move the seller (player) makes is to hide information. Now it's your turn. Either you understand this move and its purpose or you don't. If you understand it's purpose, then the seller has gained nothing as you know they are of type:scammer and now you must ask for even more detailed pics and information than you would have normally since you need to find out what they are hiding. If you don't understand their first move then you might get screwed and the advantage is to seller who will then continue to use this first move on other newbs. Only works on unsuspecting newbs so this seller strategy is of bottom feeder variety. When a seller refuses to send you more detailed pics then you know this is what they are doing. Pretty sad and underhanded.

#32 2 years ago

Was considering posting a blurry picture of my penis, but my camera couldn't zoom in far enough.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Was considering posting a blurry picture of my penis, but my camera couldn't zoom in far enough.

Or contort in such a way as to reach around your belly.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Or contort in such a way as to reach around your belly.

I lost the weight, dumbass.

#35 2 years ago

hmmm, why does CFTBL keep coming to mind?

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I lost the weight, dumbass.

I realized this, but after careful consideration, decided it was still worth conveying the image.

#37 2 years ago

blurryface (resized).jpg

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

You're missing the point as this is done on purpose to hide the condition of machine just like the even-more-common cropping of pics so that edges of machine are not shown. Taking pics in the dark is another common way to hide information.

Don't think I'm missing the point. What you state is indeed factual in many cases regarding selling a pin, especially on CL. However, what drove me to the brink is people posting pics to show off their pin's new mod, new led lighting, where their ball got stuck, a zoom in to show you how they did a repair, etc. (i.e. no ulterior motive). Rather, just pure photographic ineptitude, "who gives a rip" mentality, or pure laziness to review photos first and to retake them when they suck! I don't expect everyone to be an Ansel Adams or to even know or understand camera jargon and technical terms. I just want them to be able to hold a camera steady, make sure their lighting is sufficient, focus, then press the shutter button. Either do it right or don't do it at all, is this really too much to ask?

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

, is this really too much to ask?

Clearly (pun intended) it is too much to ask!

#40 2 years ago

I Posted 2 Ads on Craigslist, detailed description, and 10 clear photos of each machine.
Got low-balled 3 times.
Back to blurry, vague Ads.
Your suggestions are worthless.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I Posted 2 Ads on Craigslist, detailed description, and 10 clear photos of each machine.
Got low-balled 3 times.
Back to blurry, vague Ads.
Your suggestions are worthless.

That's just the sewer that is CL.

1 year later
#42 1 year ago

How about everyone link to examples of bad photos on Pinside (sort of like the color puke thread)? I still see it regularly, so time to shame these guys.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I think some of the pics are meant to be somewhat unclear so the condition of the machine is somewhat unclear.... unfortunately.

Quoted from Travish:

I had an eBay machine that had a couple of really nice clear pictures and a couple that were just a "little" fuzzy. The description said it had a little smoke damage from a warehouse fire and one of the clear pictures showed that. After driving 4 hours to pick it up let's just say the fuzzy pictures made sense then. It said in a warehouse fire not that it WAS the warehouse fire. If I see one single bad picture I now think they are purposely trying to rip me off.

Yep. As soon as I see an ad with bad pics, my scam alert goes off. With modern cell phones, you actually have to TRY to take a bad picture.

#44 1 year ago

Another photo posting faux pas: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1015-rock-custom-pinball/02224-shooter-lane-illumination-mod

I just love clicking on a thumbnail in order to view a larger image with more detail only to see a photos that is the same size or slightly larger than the thumbnail.

2 weeks later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 218.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 79.00
Playfield - Other
Pixels Arcade Games
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
PinBoss Mods
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 15.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside