(Topic ID: 207092)

Protective coating on CPR plastics potentially peels off ink??

By jibmums

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by OzPaul
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

I was just reading in another thread where one Pinsider with a CPR Haunted House spiderweb plastic and another with a set of CPR Centaur plastics have had issues with the ink being peeled off when the protective coating is peeled off, after the plastics have been stored for a while. Is this a common occurrence? Should we all go remove the coatings from our plastics now before they are potentially ruined? Would anyone from CPR like to chime in here if they're reading this?

Here's the post:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-club-the-beautiful-beast-all-welcome/page/10#post-4150926

#2 6 years ago

I asked a question about the protective film/paper in a TFTC owners thread & someone suggested to run the plastics under warm water before peeling anything off. Then dry them and slowly peel off the plastics. Apparently this will help reduce the chances of the ink peeling off.

#3 6 years ago

I've had several sets of "old" cpr plastics and no issues when I peeled mine.

#4 6 years ago

I just used a set recently on Paragon that I bought 2 or 3 years ago, no issues.

#5 6 years ago

That’s my Haunted House spider web cover referred to in the link.

I think the issue is that the white enamel paint is applied directly onto the clear plastic, so does not have that white diffuser material on the back of regular playfield plastics.

I’m contacting my CPR distributor for a replacement, but concerned that their shelf stock may also suffer the same issue.

IMG_3566 (resized).jpgIMG_3566 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protective-coating-on-cpr-plastics-potentially-peels-off-ink?hl=ozpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.