(Topic ID: 259465)

Protection on sale when shipping

By PinballRusch

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200112-094952~2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200112-095203~2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nevus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

There is no perfect answer but I have shipped many games as a buyer and seller.

1. Look at their history and ratings on Pinside. Get a feel for them if it helps you.

2. Seller determines method of payment, period. It’s up to the buyer to decide if they are comfortable with it or pass. I personally prefer back transfer aka wire. It’s fast and reliable. I offer an email receipt of transaction.

3. As a seller, I offer demo pics of how I have prepped games in the past and offer a choice of pallet or legs on. I always wrap and prep myself. Regardless of how a shipper advertises, it’s what the local guys actually do to the game. Many times for me, “white glove” was a driver and some local guys they gave $20 to help the driver load it on the truck. If a seller tells me they the shipper wrap it, I pass.

4. Lastly, the buyer is actually shipping a game to themselves. Once it leaves your house, it’s their game. As a buyer, I ensure for all I need and get pictures. As a sell I provide many pictures and recommend good insurance.

It sounds like a bit of work, but it’s really no trouble and has been reliable for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nevus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protection-on-sale-when-shipping?tu=Nevus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.