Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pezpunk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

357 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luppin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I was wondering: are there some recommended system for protecting our beloved machines from theft? Of course we have alarm systems, reinforced doors and all the classic protection systems. But what about a phisical way to secure the machines, or gps tracking and similar?

#6 7 years ago

Well, Im into the hobby for less than two years and never thought about it. Surely usually burglars steal small, precious things. Anyway I was just wondering if new technology allow for some smart stuff to be used. Or if people with experience over the years invented pinball related security tools and means.

#18 7 years ago

what does it mean?

#19 7 years ago

how to use it regarding pins?

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

One thing you may try if you are worried about getting robbed is installing a secondary power switch. Running some extra wire and installing would be easy enough and keep it "hidden" in plain site next to the transformer, under the playfield somewhere or drill a secondary hole in the head like modern sterns have. Simply flip the switch while out of town or away for long periods. Obviously it wouldnt be ideal for location play. My uncle taught me the same trick on my cars if your worried about getting a classic stolen, he simply added a switch on the dash connected to the starter.
    One other thing would be to install a gps unit in a cheap housing with a sticker that says "shaker motor" on the top of it. Should a pin wander off you could simply track it while some lowlife is wondering why the shaker isnt working during game play.

I dont understand: what is this second power switch used for?

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Put nyloch nuts on the leg bolts inside the cabinet. Much harder to manoeuvre/transport a game if you can't take the legs off. Also, write your initials in some obscure place under the playfield/inside the cabinet/in the backbox. Won't stop the game getting stolen but can help to establish that it's yours if it does.

About the nyloch nuts, you mean the legs cannot be taken off without opening the cabinet, right?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luppin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protection-from-theft?tu=luppin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.