(Topic ID: 337815)

Protection for the bottom of old cabinets

By ThatOneDude

10 months ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230603_150338 (resized).jpg
    20230603_145528 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThatOneDude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 months ago

I often have old cabinets get torn up when moving them in and out of vehicles. Usually it's an old machine with water damage. I've been thinking about designing a metal protector for the bottom, but when I was making custom channels for my homebrew backbox, I realized that the aluminum channels I was using would also work for that. A 3/4 inch channel fits great. I'll be cutting some for my homebrew, but this is a test fit. Looks nice to me.

20230603_145528 (resized).jpg20230603_145528 (resized).jpg20230603_150338 (resized).jpg20230603_150338 (resized).jpg
    #5 10 months ago

This is meant to be more of a permanent fix. If you look next to the orange strap in the 2nd picture, you can see a strip of the wood which had peeled away from the bottom. I've rescued a lot of games with moderate to severe damage on the bottom. This seems to be a way to cleanly hide and protect that damage. Anyway, just thought I would pass it on in case someone else had a similar problem.
    Edit: to clarify. While the damage is exacerbated by moving the pins, I'm looking for a way to permanently protect the bottom edges of a pin that already has damaged edges.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThatOneDude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protection-for-the-bottom-of-old-cabinets?tu=ThatOneDude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.