Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I am new to this hobby and have just picked up old Bally fireball 2 that has a perfect Playfield with no wear through at all. I will keep this pin for a long time and want to keep Playfield in pristine condition . My questions is should I put those Mylar protectors in front of the bumpers ,slings and flippers. I have seen these on lots of pins and just wanted to get some of you pinheads opinion .

#2 11 years ago

Personally I hate mylar and would never add it to my games. I remove it whenever possible. Keep clean and waxed and replace your balls before they get scuffed up and it should last a long time. Even mylar can get bad eventually, then you have the pain of getting screwed up mylar off - which can pull up paint sometimes.

#3 11 years ago

Ditto.

#4 11 years ago

No!

Instead, you should make sure that you do these things to keep it "pristine":

wax the playfield
change the balls in it
replace the batteries in it
EVERY YEAR!

If you put mylar around pops or slings, I actually say the machine may not really be worth less however, you would find less people willing to buy it. I personally would be much LESS likely to buy it if it was offered to me with mylar installed.

#5 11 years ago

If I play a game, say 30-40 times week, like I do Xmen and TZ, I change the balls every 2-3 months and clean it in the same period, probably even more cleanings for me. Novus 2 and a little carnuba paste wax. I novus 2'd the balls also, not sure if it helps but I feel better. Have fun!

#6 11 years ago

I too hate mylar, removing it from all my pins. I also wax the balls frequently, as has been mentioned. I receive almost as much enjoyment in cleaning/waxing my pins as I do playing them.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Fishmugger:

My questions is should I put those Mylar protectors in front of the bumpers

Lar says ,no Mylar, Mylar baaaaaaaaaaddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
£ 195.00
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.