• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Prospector Extra Ball (resized).jpg
Prospector Match (resized).jpg
Prospector Gold Bonus Lights (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I just picked up a Prospector and am having some issues with the Gold Bonus lights. I thought it was just flaky sockets, but after replacing bulbs, wiggling bulbs, etc I’m having a pile of issues with the lights.

I’m starting to wonder if the power feeds through something else on the playfield? The problem is I don’t have a schematic and don’t know where to get one.

It’s weird. I’ll wiggle the bulb and nothing. Tap the playfield and sometimes the light comes on.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

The Gold Bonus lights all go through the Gold Bonus step unit which might be mounted under the playfield:
[quoted image]
Chances are that one or more wipers aren't making good contact due to grease, grime, not enough tension, etc.
Schematics should be available at PBR, Marco, etc.
/Mark

Thanks Mark!! I’m ordering some stuff tomorrow and will add schematics and a manual to the order.

Just standard cleaning / light sanding / light lube on the stepper?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Start with a good cleaning. Sanding and lubing are overkill in many cases.

Sweet. That did it for all but the 60,000 light. I'm assuming I can troubleshoot that with a jumper wire from the bakelite plate to the bulb socket?

I'm see a few other issues and was thinking you might be able to help.

A lot of them surround coils. You don't happen to have a coil list do you? I don't want to order the manual, find out the coils are wrong and have to make another order and pay double shipping. I think I'm going to need some other parts too as I work through these issues.

The left flipper is significantly weaker than the right. They have different coils numbers. The center kickout is also really weak. I took a few winds off the spring on the kickout mechanism and it's better, but still weak.

I also noticed that the playfield features don't ever change, which I'm assuming is the match unit? It just so happens that the match is always 000, so it's probably something with that, but without a schematic, I wouldn't be able to tell.

Thanks!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I don't have a manual but there are a few other Sonic manuals on IPDB that might help. The Prospector schematic calls for FL-20-300/28-400 flipper coils.

That’s what’s on the right. The left (which is the weak one) is labeled as A5141.

Quoted from MarkG:

The left, right, center and canyon eject holes are all G-23-750 coils. Beware that modifying springs isn't usually necessary. It's more likely that there is an incorrect coil, a weak electrical pulse or some other mechanical issue at work.

They all have the correct coil if that’s the case. Any thoughts on where to go next?

Quoted from MarkG:

The Match Unit is driven by the Match relay which is driven by 9 different playfield switches.
[quoted image]

I’ll have to take a look at the match unit. None of the switches appear to be changing the match unit. I’ll pull it away from the wall and take a look.

Almost all of the stickers in the cabinet are missing. I’m guessing the manual would tell me how to disable extra balls? It gives them out like candy and I wanted to disable them. I don’t have them enabled on any of my machines.

Thanks again Mark for all your help!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prospector-gold-bonus-lights?tu=Spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.