(Topic ID: 14899)

Props to my local pinball glass company

By Jeff_PHX_AZ

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Ordered a sheet of regular standard sized glass for $37, Bob was awesome to deal with! The glass is a bit thicker then 3/16 of an inch as it fits snug in my High Speed pinball machine(old glass slide in easier and seemed heavier and thinner.) Is tempered glass heavy or suppose to light? There was a big difference in weight between old and new glass. Game appears quieter now, because of the thickness of the glass. Another good thing was he was a local pinball glass shop and I support local business as much as possible, especially pinball related.Also no Shipping involved which is a huge plus! I really dont think the "Ultimate glass" (The clearer glass with no green color in it) would have fit in my HS, as the Ultimate Glass is 1/4" thick and this regular sheet fits snug in the rails already. Phoenix area pinball folks get your glass from Bob at http://www.pinballglass.com/index.html. Just thought I'd share a positive experience with a local pinball glass shop!

#2 12 years ago

Hard to complain about that price.

#3 12 years ago

I bought four sheets of his glass from an RGPer who had extra. Yes, price is good! Not to mention a piece of mind. One of the sheets I replaced was not tempered. With kids around I would hate to have one of them get hurt.

#4 12 years ago

That is a good price.

I had contacted a few companies here in Vegas for a price quote on 2 sheets of tempered glass (standard pin size) and 2 companies got back to me. The prices I was quoted were: $90 and $127. Both of the companies that replied said that was without any edge work. Does anyone know if a standard sheet of pin glass has something done to the edges?

#5 12 years ago

Cheapest I've been able to find in Cleveland is $66 (for widebody) with the edges sanded flat. Anyone in Cleveland Ohio area been able to find cheaper?

#6 12 years ago

If you are in Chicago, use Bolingbrook Glass. I just ordered 2 sheets, one for Black hole, one for Baby pacman. The total for both after tax was 48 dollars w/ no logo tempered glass.

#7 12 years ago

Wow, now I feel spoiled. Live 4 miles from pinball life in Huntley, $25 sheets all day long. It's why every pin I buy gets new glass, can't stand scratches while playing

#8 12 years ago

You can fit the 1/4" glass in most Williams pins. It's not that much better though and definitely not a contender for Pdi/invisiglass. Out here they call that glass star fire.

#9 12 years ago

It's always good to pick up glass at the shows. Between $25 and $30.

#10 12 years ago

Yeah i got a new piece for $25 at the mi show. Wasn't even looking but I saw that and had to buy one.

#11 12 years ago

27.50 at BAA in northern Cali (pick up only) they bring sheets to the expos up here as well.

#12 12 years ago

I contacted a local glass company that was willing to do 10 sheets of standard 43"x21"x3/16" Tempered for $250.00

I went in with a few local pinheads and that was a done deal.

RussM

1 week later
    #13 12 years ago

After a bit of searching I used a company called Kelly's glass here in Las Vegas. They charged $74.50 for two tempered sheets of glass (standard pin size). That ended up being the best price I found locally. Unfortunately I forgot to ask about logos...and so both pieces have a small logo in one corner. Its not over the playfield so it isn't a big deal, but next time I will remember to ask.

#14 12 years ago

Ya its "Phoog" from here. It's from this website (Pinside) I learned of him and he was 15 miles from my house. Also no logo's in the corner either.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/props-to-my-local-pinball-glass-company and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.