• Latest reply 8 years ago by dave58
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BGresto_Top_Card_-_front_934x1024.jpg
BGresto Top Card Installed (1024x853)-118.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpiel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

This is my first experience with BGresto. Going in, I knew this was a part-time gig for Steve and that he generally batch processes emails, so I had no expectations regarding turn around on either emails or the glass itself - just wanted it to be right and was glad to have the opportunity to get a new glass.

I was fortunate to have an unfaded glass to send him to scan as mine was an operator's personal game and never saw sunlight. Well the BGresto glass arrived today and is spectacular - I couldn't be more pleased. Quality product, stunning vibrant correct colors and correctly registered line art - pic below. Being that some Gottlieb colors were Pantone standard and some were mixed (including the sky aqua in TC), even the original glasses had *some* variation from one run to another, but this repro pops just like my original across all colors and has exceeded my expectations quite honestly.

There is no question about his attention to detail and I'll use him again in a heartbeat. As he states on the site, you do need to replace the 44s with bright warm white frosted 44 replacement LEDs to get the correct illumination intensity. This compensates for his process being roughly 20% less translucent than the original screened glass due to his double printing technique to achieve correct color saturation.

Thanks again to Steve for his tremendous contribution to the hobby.BGresto Top Card Installed (1024x853)-118.jpgBGresto Top Card Installed (1024x853)-118.jpg

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

That looks awesome. How long did it take from you originally sending him the glass? I've heard he's the best, but can take some time.

Took about 3 months total but some of that delay was my fault. I wouldn't have cared if it took double that - bottom line is the result is a nice glass. Heck, takes me at least that long to even find the right example of a game most times.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Looks great. I contacted him about my Top Card recently and will be sending him mine for restoration too. Glad to know he's done a great job with that title (and maybe that also will speed the process a bit).

Here's a closer shot:

http://1drv.ms/1J6HBHz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpiel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/props-to-bgresto-top-card?tu=cpiel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.