• 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by danczaz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-53.jpeg
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

the game i would be trading would be WWF. it has new rottendog MPU, a rebuilt soundboard, and a newer rottendog power supply. play-field is in decent shape. the only major and noteworthy problem is a line out on the DMD. the game i am considering trading for is a williams big guns. the overall machine is nearly flawless, a really nice example. it would end up being the big guns for the WWF plus $100 cash and free delivery of the big guns.... i DO not have the means of transporting games myself (all i have is cars, i do not own a truck or a van). what is the typical going price for a WWF with a line out on the dmd? what is the typical going price of a 9/10 big guns... the big guns really truely is in great shape not too far removed from being a brand new 30 year old pin. it also has full LED's.

would i be loosing too much money to consider the trade? i have bought from the guy offering the deal before and he has always done me well, he does not sell me junk.

#2 9 years ago

I wouldn't do it

#3 9 years ago

Not a chance in hell I make that trade.

#4 9 years ago

No way! Ed

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from ad356:

the game i would be trading would be WWF. it has new rottendog MPU, a rebuilt soundboard, and a newer rottendog power supply. play-field is in decent shape. the only major and noteworthy problem is a line out on the DMD. the game i am considering trading for is a williams Big Guns. the overall machine is nearly flawless, a really nice example. it would end up being the Big Guns for the WWF plus $100 cash and free delivery of the Big Guns.... i DO not have the means of transporting games myself (all i have is cars, i do not own a truck or a van). what is the typical going price for a WWF with a line out on the dmd? what is the typical going price of a 9/10 Big Guns... the Big Guns really truely is in great shape not too far removed from being a brand new 30 year old pin. it also has full LED's.
would i be loosing too much money to consider the trade? i have bought from the guy offering the deal before and he has always done me well, he does not sell me junk.

Hell no. Big Guns is maybe a $1000 game on a good day. WWFRR can easily go for $1700, not to mention that WWF is a much better game.

#6 9 years ago

Nope, not an even trade in my book. Big Guns is fun, but not WWF fun. Big Guns is only a $1200 in the condition you describe.

If you need transportation, rent a minivan for $60 and do it yourself.

#7 9 years ago

nope. I had a big guns, its $800-$1000 even in great shape with LEDS. WWF $1500-$1700, although replacing DMD is a few bucks. WWF is more long lasting fun.

#8 9 years ago

god no.

#9 9 years ago

no way jose. both great games, but not even in value. that guy should be giving you money.

#10 9 years ago

I wouldn't even think about that and I am a system 11 junkie. You need at least 500-700 boot to go with a big guns.

#11 9 years ago

Don't you dare make that trade! WWFRR is a top 5 game in my collection if that makes any sense.

#12 9 years ago

he would be giving me $100 not the other way around just to clarify. i would say that i have owned this game for a year and im bored with it. not really a data east fan, not really a WWF fan either. i find the game has annoying modes..... search for doink for example with that stupid clown. my go to games are all williams. i love the older pins with their original themes. im not talking about EM's but system 6-11. i think some of the themes on dmd's are un-original simply based upon a movie or a franchise. the one exemption i take is with star trek which is a fantastic pin, i love it. but im also not willing to shell out $4000 for a NIB star trek.

when you consider original pin-only themes vs. commerical themes i prefer the original themes. my own personal collection reflects this. i have a bride of pinbot, jokerz, firepower, high-speed, and WWF. the WWF is the odd duck in the collection based upon (in my opinion) a cheesy fake wresting franchise. yeah, its OK i guess but not something that is original. i personally like my $900 jokerz more then my WWF, and i just love phyton angelo games..... what an artist he was. even something like jokerz that is not very well regarded is a very artistic game. my other favorite designer is of course legendary steve ritche which is why i have two of his older games.

my go to pins are firepower and high speed followed by bride.

i also really do not like mode based games and prefer flow based games. both firepower and high speed have a ton of flow. simple to understand rulesets but difficult to pull off.

i really wish someone would trade me a pinbot for WWF i would not think twice about that trade.

anyways another reason i need someone to help with the drop off is that i have no one avaliable to stasis in loading or unloading a pin. they are heavy and my wife has serious back problems she would not be able to assist me in lifting.

if WWF is worth $1,700 FULLY working with a good dmd, how much money would i have to subtract in resale if the DMD is bad? $150? that brings the value down to $1550. now if i subtract $150 from $1700 that leaves me with $1550 resale, now subtract $100 which is what this guy charges me to bring a pin and assist in unloading and i end up with $1400. $1400-$1250 (aprox value of big guns). yeah i might loose $150, but how difficult would it be to find a buyer for WWF. i already listed on craigslist a couple months ago for $1800 OBO and i got no calls

#13 9 years ago

i know people here seem to like WWF but everyone likes different things. personally im tired of it and the theme. i find data east games feel kind of cheap, they just do not have the look and feel of a williams. i played that big guns today and i liked it, the only thing i felt was missing.... no pop bumpers.

on my personal list of favorites.... high speed is of one of the games i that i enjoy the most.

you wouldnt be able to tear high-speed, firepower, or bride of pinbot from my cold dead fingers, lol. jokerz is another that i enjoy but its no high speed, lol

#14 9 years ago

i also posted an ad on mr.pinball classified and got no calls either

#15 9 years ago

As the macho man might say oooooohhhhhh nnnnnoooooooo!

#16 9 years ago

the guy has big guns listed at $1,200 cash but i do not have $1200 which is why i want to do a trade

#17 9 years ago

Do you have a cash price in mind? I have a friend who's been dying for one for his son who is wheelchair bound. Please pm me.

#18 9 years ago

You are really giving this guy a sweet deal. Don't want you to be taken. Even if you dropped your price to $1500 I'm sure you would get some buyer. Then rent a uhaul and pick it up. This nets you an extra $300 before the truck rental. If you need help let me know.

#19 9 years ago

You should buy my Big Guns! It's in very good shape, and I'm asking a lot less than $1200!

-- Matthew

#20 9 years ago

Its funny, you asked for opinions and got several, all the same. Then you post your reasons for doing the trade. Just do it then, you don't need our approval.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from ad356:

the game i would be trading would be WWF. it has new rottendog MPU, a rebuilt soundboard, and a newer rottendog power supply. play-field is in decent shape. the only major and noteworthy problem is a line out on the DMD. the game i am considering trading for is a williams Big Guns. the overall machine is nearly flawless, a really nice example. it would end up being the Big Guns for the WWF plus $100 cash and free delivery of the Big Guns.... i DO not have the means of transporting games myself (all i have is cars, i do not own a truck or a van). what is the typical going price for a WWF with a line out on the dmd? what is the typical going price of a 9/10 Big Guns... the Big Guns really truely is in great shape not too far removed from being a brand new 30 year old pin. it also has full LED's.

Well I would say go with what makes you happy and if your tired of WWF go with BG.

#22 9 years ago

By the way, if you got bored with WWF, I got bored with big guns after 1 month and I got mine for $750. Plus the height really makes it tough where to put this machine. Tallest I've seen, I had to keep mine in garage.

#23 9 years ago

i really am tired of the theme, wanted something more of a flow based play, and don't really care for data east except for a few machines that they produced. i really do like JP lost world, is one of the few titles that they produced that i like. tommy was also pretty cool. i really do not care for obnoxious wrestles that much. it was OK when i first started playing the game but i really am not all that into WWF. i really like games by python angelo, steve ritche, and barry oursler (gotta love space shuttle.... awesome williams classic). personally i think williams was the greatest pinball machine company that has ever existed, i wish they were still around. long live WMS.

i have owned firepower, high speed, and bride of pinbot almost as long and jokerz longer.. i really cant say im board of those games. i dont like data east very much and dont care for the WWF franchise.

#24 9 years ago

I hear you, I'm a huge wrestling fan but thought the PIN was obnoxious. I played one in allentown 2 years ago and they had the sound turned way up. I did like the shaker motor feature. I would say wait for allentown if you can. You can sell it there and pick up another machine at the same time. Plus by then you could probably get someone to help you move it. Believe me, big guns got old real fast and then you'll be stuck with a less desireable machine.

#25 9 years ago

I would go all in on a game you love and sell a few of your games and get a HUO ST pro for under $4000.

#26 9 years ago

No don't do it. Terrible trade. You will be done with Big guns in 30 days or less. IMHO. Good luck.

#27 9 years ago

I would list the game on pinside or CL for trade and wait for a different dmd game. Big guns isn't going to hold your attention long if you can't get into wwf.

#28 9 years ago

I also owned BG for 8 months or so.. got bored of it quickly. The laughing king gets obnoxious fast and I was never really into the soundtrack. If you got bored of WWF after a year and a half, I'd say you'd def. get tired of BG pretty fast as well. Saving the Queen gets old fast... although I will always like the catapaults launching the balls through mid-air. I felt the backglass bagatelle slows the gameplay down too much as well. Hold on to WWF until you can find a buyer or better trade.

#29 9 years ago

I love big guns. I own two of them. Doesn't get nearly as much love as it should.
Awesome original theme, love the music, call outs, fast frantic flipping. Trolls and space knights!

#30 9 years ago

What line on dmd is out that makes a difference also ? Have you tried to fix the dmd line I have fixed many with lines out ? I wouldn't do the trade u will be bored of bg in a month I would sell wwf for 1500 to 1700the lower the faster it will sell and buy something in particular I have a nice sst for not much more than your wwf and I promise u won't get bored as its fast and difficult as heck .anyway gl on whatever u do but I don't think u will be happy with that trade a month from now, its always great when u first get them but do they have staying power is most important

#31 9 years ago

My guess is you can get $1500 for WWF. A good used DMD is about $100, so a buyer could have the game working 100% for $1600.

You could pretty easily get a Big Guns around $1000. I play one on location nearby, and enjoy it (when it works) but am not sure it would hold long-term appeal. I think it's underrated, but your guy should be giving you $300-400 to make it an even trade.

I'd say try to negotiate for another couple hundred bucks. You sound like you really want Big Guns and are desperate to dump WWF.... if so, at least try to negotiate for more.

#32 9 years ago

Ya know, you could probably trade your WWF plus a couple hundred for a High Speed and Pinbot in players condition; those may well be up your alley, and both are great games that can be had relatively cheap thanks to high production numbers.

#33 9 years ago

Bad move human.

#34 9 years ago

what about lazer cue? it looks like it is a fun game, there is one locally for $800. it is something i could play for a while and re-sell for something different, is it?

#35 9 years ago

Laser cue is fun, but simple. It's a real players game, and hope you like men in penis helmets shooting white blasts at each other's balls. Cause that's what is on the backglass.

#36 9 years ago

I like Big Guns.
th-53.jpegth-53.jpeg

#37 9 years ago

NO NO NO!!! Sell yours and buy something else

#38 9 years ago

You should trade for a game around $2k ish.

That would include many games from this list
https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck

And a handful of B/W, sys 3 gottliebs, sega games

#39 9 years ago

I've owned both these games and I loved Big Guns but I would never make this trade. FYI I sold the Big Guns to a friend because I was out of room and I gave it to him for about half of what you could probably get for your WWF. It seems like most of them that come up for sale are always in pretty good condition, maybe they didn't get a lot of play on route back in the day?

#40 9 years ago

If you're tired of the WWF, sell it perhaps and get something a bit better than a Big Guns, unless you really like big guns. In that case trade away, but just get more than a hundred bucks. More like $800

#41 9 years ago

ok, i called the guy with the lazer cue and he is going to give me a much fairer trade arrangement. WWF, lazer cue AND $7-800 cash. i think this is a much better deal and might be the route i will go. i told him i will call him on my next day off to let him know when i can come and look at it.

#42 9 years ago

NO WAY!!! I would never do that deal. of course he gonna give you that cash major upgrade.
I would seriously just sell yours and buy something really nice for around 2 grand u will enjoy.

you may end up getting rid of your game in a trade and left sorely disappointed!
just my 2 cents

#43 9 years ago

You'd be farther ahead selling it and taking the money and buyin something different. Hell I'd imagine if ya put it up for trade on here a local pinhead would prolly give ya a better deal. Wwf oat my bag either but I'm a sucker for a wide body of you were closer I'd prolly try n work something out

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

NO WAY!!! I would never do that deal. of course he gonna give you that cash major upgrade.
I would seriously just sell yours and buy something really nice for around 2 grand u will enjoy.
you may end up getting rid of your game in a trade and left sorely disappointed!
just my 2 cents

I'm going to agree with this. You may be trading for a game that is hard to sell/move. That means lazer cue is a $1k game? You may do as you please, but honestly you may want to try and just get a $2k dmd game, that is fun and newer with a decent resale or trade value. After that trade you are putting yourself in a hard spot to get another trade or sale....

Are you really wanting to a 80's style game? I mean....the gameplay is vastly different than a dmd game....

#45 9 years ago

If you are new to the hobby and pinball. I know everyone gets excited and wants a game ASAP. I did this...I know what it's like. But honestly once you let things settle you can really find a good deal just waiting a little bit. Especially with the people on the forum. NY is fairly active in trades and sales. I think if you just stay on the lookout for a month or two, with a marketplace ad you may find a decent deal.

#46 9 years ago

Yea sell yours buy a nice Williams/ bally dmd im getting a Flintstones id probably sell for around 2k or I have other nice pins id possibly sell you for around 2k just so u dont do this lol.

#47 9 years ago

Wish you were closer, I'd buy your WWF for $1000

#48 9 years ago

gameplay is vastly different and i prefer it. look at my collection firepower, high-speed, jokerz, bride of pinbot, and WWF. i think my collection speaks volumes about what i prefer. i prefer older flow based games with easy but hard to pull off rule-sets. i know most people here prefer DMD's and that's OK with me, but i like to older style of gameplay better. as far as how easy it has not been to move WWF, i have had it listed on craigslist twice for $1,800 and on mr pinball classifieds, has been listed for over a 7 month period. i think i got one call but no serious inquiries, i got some scamming emails. that's about it. when i leave a phone # on the craigslist ad but only get a couple of emails that i then reply to but never hear back, its called scamming.

as far as the value of my WWF i think its probably worth around $1,800 and i take away $200 because someone IS going to have to replace the DMD. so that brings the value around $1,600. i figured lazer cue is worth around $800, at least that's what he has it listed at. so $800 in cash PLUS a pin worth around $800 brings the deal around $1600, which i think is fair an just for both parties.

i dont want to rip anyone off but i do not want to give it away either. i know that getting a big guns worth $1000 and $100 in cash would put me around $500 in the hole. it wouldnt have been close to a fair deal and i knew it. i went to craigslist and saw what is listed for sale

#49 9 years ago

im going to buy another Williams system 6-11. the only DMD i really would want would be a high-speed II. anything else i like that is a DMD is out of my price range. star trek NG, williams Indiana Jones, and attack from mars are way out of my price range

#50 9 years ago

WWFRR is my only Data East too and it would probably be the last or 2nd to last pin I would get rid of.
Granted I'm lucky cause I'm a huge wrestling mark and it's an over all great pin.
But if I'm not somewhat into theme of a pin I would've want it either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 26.50
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/proposed-trade-should-i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.