Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skins
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

_75678024_dsc_0038.jpg
rX0iqV3.jpg
image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Someone should let SRT Pinball of Orlando know that this is NOT the proper way to clean a playfield.

image.jpg

#2 4 years ago

That's how I shop all my pins....

#3 4 years ago

I usually just remove the glass, and spray away

#4 4 years ago

Somebody on this site said they piss on there's,hmm.

#5 4 years ago

You guys are forgetting something. It is probably water/wax combo...like at the car wash! Are you saying she should not wax that P.F.?

#6 4 years ago

She's only doing it right if she follows through with the second step...

rX0iqV3.jpg

and for the final glossy sheen...

_75678024_dsc_0038.jpg

#7 4 years ago

Sheesh, I hope that it got a thorough soaking with Mean Green first.

#8 4 years ago

Can't stop thinking about all the warping/delaminating that'll likely take place.

#9 4 years ago

My WPT just skyrocketed in value.

#10 4 years ago

That is totally wrong , the hose she is using is not creating enough pressure to properly clean a playfield . She should be using a pressure washer . If no access to a pressure washer , then 80 grit sandpaper should also work fine as long as there is a silicon lubricant used with it .

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

That is totally wrong , the hose she is using is not creating enough pressure to properly clean a playfield . She should be using a pressure washer . If no access to a pressure washer , then 80 grit sandpaper should also work fine as long as there is a silicon lubricant used with it .

Agreed, higher Psi better quality, unbelievable.

#12 4 years ago

Prolly ought to go ahead and plant some flowers on that pf too.......

#13 4 years ago

This showed up as one of Stern's Facebook page posts last night, and it said "NOOOOOO" and "How not to clean your playfield" or something similar. I thought it was a joke at first, until the guy showed up defending himself and pissed off at Stern for "making fun of him" or something to that effect, and justifying this method of cleaning playfields and saying he pretty much does this to all his pins. Not soon after, tons of people were busting the guy's balls, and within a couple of hours, that post disappeared from Stern's Facebook page.

I find it unbelievable that someone would spray down a wood playfield with water. I've had a few pins go through my possesion that simply experienced moisture from humidity due to improper storage, which produced planking on the top layer(s) of the playfield, and here is someone just hosing down their playfields. Wow... Makes you concerned about buying used pins without totally inspecting the playfield top and bottom for water damage.

#14 4 years ago

Dang! I wish I could've seen the post. Did you get a screenshot?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Dang! I wish I could've seen the post. Did you get a screenshot?

No, I didn't. I didn't expect it to get pulled.

#16 4 years ago

Here's the source of the image for anyone curious. Was posted on the STR Pinballs Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/STR-Pinball/242045432526094

#17 4 years ago

Like that cheap garden nossle is doing anything. Obviously a pressure washer with at least 4000psi is the only way to go.

#18 4 years ago

Oh man... Seems like someone else is going to try it now. "It's waaaater?!" "It's fine as long as there is no power."

#19 4 years ago

There is video somewhere that shows how to clean an EM Bingo game, with a water spray.

#20 4 years ago

I would have sworn this was a joke putting us on, including the outraged guy on Stern's facebook, but this all seems legit? I am dumbfounded.

#21 4 years ago

Photoshop just keeps getting over the years.

#22 4 years ago

Maybe they should just load the game up in the back of a pickup and run it thru the carwash.

#23 4 years ago

STR Pinball = Soaking To Restore?

#24 4 years ago

So why isn't this prewash method mentioned in vids guide??

Just like the restaurant business one sick customer is really bad for business.

Oh my!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

There is video somewhere that shows how to clean an EM Bingo game, with a water spray.

Think he was using Simple green or similar

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Copy/paste or screenshots?

Welby Bergum

What is this lady thinking?
Garden hose to wash a Playfield?
Just crazy I'd say....
Like · Comment · Share · Yesterday

12 people like this.

Orlando Str Pinball crazy not. is a quick way to wash a playfield, well that stays clean. the important thing is to let it dry in the sun he finished. half an hour in clean and dry in the sun of Torrevieja
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 3:38pm
Welby Bergum Good way to warp the wood or turn into a modern orbitor 1 pinball
Unlike · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 3:42pm

Todd Player replied · 1 Reply

Orlando Str Pinball Welby Bergum you've tried to tell? nothing is deformed, because in half an hour this dry 100%
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 3:45pm
Orlando Str Pinball by the way, that's my wife
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 3:46pm
Chuck Sherman Not me, if you feel comfortable doing it , do it
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 3:53pm
Chuck Sherman A pressure washer would get all the nooks and crannies
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 3:55pm
Welby Bergum I guess I'm old fashioned
I take everything off the Playfield ad clean and polish each piece and wax Playfield
Would never use water on a Playfield ...See More
Like · Reply · 5 · Yesterday at 3:56pm
Pinball Shawn That is absurd, I don't care where you live.
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 3:57pm
John Pedersen It's good that it's absurd real good
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 4:01pm
Christy Drummer While I've never done this myself, it does work if put in the hot sun to dry. We have a lot of flood games that SAT in water (including the boards), and run perfectly. No warping of the wood and no rust. I did hose out a Sinbad cabinet once. Just cover...See More
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 4:17pm · Edited
Don Walton Jr
Don Walton Jr's photo.
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 4:16pm

Orlando Str Pinball replied · 2 Replies

Orlando Str Pinball Clearly, each one with his game does what he wants, either, but it is absurd, it's my job, repair and restoration pinball, I have many years, hundreds of washes boards answer method and never repeat never has hurt me none, it is also true that we must ...See More
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 4:16pm
Orlando Str Pinball There you can see 3 washes at a time
Orlando Str Pinball's photo.
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 4:32pm
Micah Dorward Wonder if this is happening at Replayfx?
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 4:32pm
Andrew Rosa Crazy.......
Only do that on a playfield that is not going back in a game, or a playfield covered in soot, dirt, or mud.........
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 4:36pm
Welby Bergum Wonder if it voids the warranty???? From Gary Stern , stern pinball ???
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 4:39pm
Welby Bergum Let's take a vote
Would you hose off your new Metallica stern pinball machine with a Garden hose after 1 year on location?
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 4:41pm

Todd Player replied · 1 Reply

Welby Bergum I'll start with a NO
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 4:42pm

Imre László replied · 2 Replies

Pinball Shawn The only way I would do this is if it was in a flood and covered in mud. I wouldn't wipe a playfield with a water dampened cloth let alone hosing it. That's just being lazy.
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 4:44pm
Welby Bergum This just made it to Sterns FB page
Check out what Gary has to say about it
Pretty funny BTW
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 4:46pm
Imre László poor world poker tour
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 5:22pm
Adam Chesbrough I've seen people use a pressure washer on the inside of a car. Even the dash. Crazy
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 5:35pm
Christy Drummer Even though Stern has since removed their post, they do not approve of this method! If the manufacturer doesn't agree, I'm pretty sure that's saying something.
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 7:02pm
Juan Noble
Juan Noble's photo.
Like · Reply · 14 hours ago
Juan Noble
Like · Reply · 14 hours ago

#29 4 years ago

So three at a time wow.

Now taking pre orders for the patented "flipper hose". Show your pin pals you mean business by cleaning a playfield in record time while enjoying the satisfaction that you did it yourself and saved hundreds of dollars.

Limited supply act now.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Limited supply act now.

Sadly, stupid is never limited in supply...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 100.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pin Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside