6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Quote587115.PDF (PDF preview)

#1 6 years ago

There are PETG ones out there that are the right OD (1") and ID (.144"). Anybody have a source for zinc plated steel ones? All the ones I find have too big of a ID. They kind of work, but drilled for a #6 thread would be much more desirable. I got a quote from a company to have some made. Price gets pretty decent at 5000 pieces. That's a lot of shop outs.

Quote587115.PDFQuote587115.PDF

#2 6 years ago

Try your local hardware store. They usually have 1 inch zinc plated steel flat washers with different inner diameter holes in small bags so you don't have to buy 1000!

#3 6 years ago

No luck with that so far. 1" OD easy to find. .140"-.144" ID been impossible for me. The ID is very sloppy on a #6 thread.

#4 6 years ago

I'm curious, why go with the steel vs the PETG? The steal ones ruin the artwork of what ever you put them under as you get a dark halo when the game is on as light can't travel through them. With the PETG they almost disappear but still protect perfectly. That's the first thing I remove when getting a new game so I'm just curious.

For this stuff I always look at McMaster-Carr. https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-washers/=1bo2fnu

Zinc plated, 1 inch outer and .188 inner. Not the .144 you want but I think that's the closest you may find without having some custom made.

#5 6 years ago

Forgot to add. Getting metal Zinc plated is pretty cheap if you have a local place that will do it. If you must have the exact size your best bet (and cheaper) would be to buy those washer and take them to have plated.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

why go with the steel vs the PETG?

Just because they are a little thinner and you can get a little more thread in the lock nut. I realize that you can replace the posts with longer threaded ones. The ones you pointed out with the .188" inner don't sound too bad. That's close..

#7 6 years ago

Probably will go with the PETG ones after all. I was just hoping there was a such thing as a cheap 60 pack outh there somewhere like the ones I got only in the right size. Not worth pursuing any longer.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

Just because they are a little thinner and you can get a little more thread in the lock nut. I realize that you can replace the posts with longer threaded ones. The ones you pointed out with the .188" inner don't sound too bad. That's close..

Put the washer between the plastic post and the metal post's nut instead of on top of the post's nut.

That should also help protect the plastic more, since the washer wouldn't be smashing directly against the plastic when it gets hit.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Put the washer between the plastic post and the metal post's nut instead of on top of the post's nut.

Yup

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/proper-fender-washers-for-slingshot-protectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.